• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flames Sign Nazem Kadri to 7-Year/$49M Contract; $7M AAV

LindG1000

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

No one is denying his 3 cups and general success but he’s clearly not a top dog anymore.

man argument can be made that slats had done more since being hired by the rangers than Lou has for the devils/isles if you discount that 03 cup. 

you cant discount a cup win.  no matter what

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also should have been gone a long time ago. Hell, he should have been fired after telling the hockey world that if he had the Rangers' budget he'd win the Cup every year, then went on to do exactly not that.

which brings me back to my original point that if Lou was here and won 3 cups, he'd have a lifetime employment with the Rangers as a GM or President

24 minutes ago, CCCP said:

you cant discount a cup win.  no matter what

I'm not discounting the Cup. I'm discounting the two decades of not winning a Cup that have passed since, especially given the shift into the hard cap era.

23 minutes ago, CCCP said:

which brings me back to my original point that if Lou was here and won 3 cups, he'd have a lifetime employment with the Rangers as a GM or President

Maybe. Possibly. Probably, even. But it's still two decades of no success.

Lou will leave the Islanders in as good shape as he left the Devils.  Book it.  It's gonna be Fort Empty Suites.  It's gonna be "what if they charged $50 for parking and nobody came?"  He's gonna leave those fans so hungry they'd be grateful for microwaved fish sticks.

10 hours ago, siddious said:

The only knock on that location was no LIRR nearby. It’s not AS huge a deal as say in the city where no one drives, but still.

otherwise i agree. My In laws live 5 mins away even on game days you didn’t really notice much traffic outside of the normal at that time. Eisenhower is a 5 min drive if even that. Wang was a wang but Uniondale wasn’t much help either. The town itself isn’t much of a hockey town these days (not sure if it ever really was?)

I'll never understand why they never tried to move more east to Suffolk County. Plenty of wasteland and areas near all three LIRR railways to build a new arena. Central/East was the answer. That's where the fans are. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'll never understand why they never tried to move more east to Suffolk County. Plenty of wasteland and areas near all three LIRR railways to build a new arena. Central/East was the answer. That's where the fans are. 

Woulda been better than queens for sure 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Since 1972, the Islanders fan base has moved east, so the team gets the bright idea to move west, first Brooklyn then Elmont.  For light entertainment, just watch the resale prices of Islanders tickets on line this year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Since 1972, the Islanders fan base has moved east, so the team gets the bright idea to move west, first Brooklyn then Elmont.  For light entertainment, just watch the resale prices of Islanders tickets on line this year.

$8 was cheapest I saw last year I forget vs who. 

I mean if it gets any cheaper than that…

3 hours ago, siddious said:

$8 was cheapest I saw last year I forget vs who. 

I mean if it gets any cheaper than that…

At the coliseum the last few years, I used to go often to games when it was like 20 a ticket to see out of town teams. Park in tbe super secret Police parking and I also was friends with the guy who’s job it was to flick the switch on the light that told the refs it was a tv timeout. 

good times. 

• LindG1000 changed the title to Flames Sign Nazem Kadri to 7-Year/$49M Contract; $7M AAV