• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Happens at Center?

Phil

Our center depth is pretty good here now. My next concern is the RW debacle. Who slots in over there? Laf? Blais? Krav? 2 of those three are unproven on the RW and the other is a grinder.

Edited by jsm7302

4 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Our center depth is pretty good here now. My next concern is the RW debacle. Who slots in over there? Laf? Blais? Krav? 2 of those three are unproven on the RW and the other is a grinder.

I mean, the simplest solution is to move Lafreniere or Kreider to the right. Whoever is most comfortable. Blais is, at best, a middle-six plug for another year. I'm not sure they keep him beyond that barring a breakout this season. He's approaching free agency fast. So, yeah, they need some pretty rapid fire development from Kravtsov and Kakko.

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Nothing against JT Miller, but the only way trading Panarin is beneficial is if you're getting a center that makes Zibanejad the 2C aka Matthews, Draisaitl, McDavid.  And that is never happening.

Yup. Liquify Panarin to sign Matthews. That I can get behind.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

If you can get a center that makes Zibanejad the 2C you set the Rangers up for a real run because all the checking line against Zibanejad and Kreider crap goes away immediately.  Then you get the opportunity to put our 2nd line out as a checking line against the opponent's 1L and Zibanejad's defensive talents don't go to waste the way they do against the opposing checking line.

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

If you can get a center that makes Zibanejad the 2C you set the Rangers up for a real run because all the checking line against Zibanejad and Kreider crap goes away immediately.  Then you get the opportunity to put our 2nd line out as a checking line against the opponent's 1L and Zibanejad's defensive talents don't go to waste the way they do against the opposing checking line.

But who is trading a #1 center that is better than Zibanejad?

10 minutes ago, Br4d said:

They tried that already with Eichel. Couldn’t pull it off. 

On 7/5/2022 at 7:03 PM, josh said:

*Collin White getting bought out*

me: ah, that’s the Senators guy he was talking about at the deadline… Tierney?? Fuck.

Apparently how I view the Senators:

E_DOG15VgAAnArT.jpg

@Dunny

Finally… ouch!

1 hour ago, Jdog99 said:

Why isnt panarin given more consideration to move over to rw on here?   Hes the one guy i could see adapting well.

Not a bad point to bring up, we might see him shoot more that way too which would be good cause he's got a great shot and goalie's wanna cheat pass on him. But I don't think this will ever happen.

Edited by Tonybologna

1 hour ago, Jdog99 said:

Why isnt panarin given more consideration to move over to rw on here?   Hes the one guy i could see adapting well.

I hope Kravtsov is on his far wing. If not, I’ve suggested Kreider - Zibanejad - Panarin, as others did, when the kid line was clicking for 4 periods. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, josh said:

I hope Kravtsov is on his far wing. If not, I’ve suggested Kreider - Zibanejad - Panarin, as others did, when the kid line was clicking for 4 periods. 

Thats another thing - Kreider-Zib did not click with anyone last season the way they did with zucc/buch.  I could see panarin being a great fit there.  Possibly Kravtsov but thats really an unknown

26 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Thats another thing - Kreider-Zib did not click with anyone last season the way they did with zucc/buch.  I could see panarin being a great fit there.  Possibly Kravtsov but thats really an unknown

except Buch no Zucc were allergic to contact