• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #1: (2M) Rangers at (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — Ay Tone

Just now, Karan said:

Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?

Just kidding, settle down over there buddy. 

I am settled, don’t really care about what superstitious people say.

Rangers had their chances and blew it, it’s on them. There are still plenty of games left to make up for this loss…

5 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Totally is. If this were the 1800’s there’s a good chance we be treating you as a witch and gathering firewood. 

Is that a threat, or a promise?🤣

In either case, I won’t see the first period this Friday either, but will have no issues with turning on the TV and watch the game, regardless of the score. Let the superstitious people bitch again…

• LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

I said that in the first 5:00 of the 3rd....It was obvious they needed to slow the game down

Yeah, orbafter thebfiret breakaway, or after the third post, etc.

It's not Gallants strong point. He's the extreme of players coach. Won't yell them really hoe to play, doesn't like to tinker too much. I was surprised he swapped guys on lines for game 7. It was refreshing too. 

3 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Breadman was in space on that shift…

The Rangers lost this game because of Panarin's ineffectual play on the shift that resulted in the tying goal.

If the kids can get zone time, the top six should be able to as well.

As everyone has recognized, we had our chance in the first 40, and we are not likely to see those Canes again.

There's no drop off from Anderson to Raanta.

Look, it’s one game. We lost game 1 of last round at home and survived. That was much worse than losing g game 1 on the road. I 100% believe this game was there for the taking amd we blew it. No getting around that. However, we are nowhere near in trouble. Even if we lose Friday, we still go home. It’s a process. This team learns lessons on the fly and absorbs what’s necessary to improve on a daily basis. They’ve shown it all year. 

Believe. 

• Believe 3

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Why not give the rRangers credit for forcing bad Canes play? 

Well sure, they played really good (for parts of the game as usual).

But that doesn't change the fact that we won't see this Canes version for the rest of the series. There's no way in hell we'll keep them to 14 SOG in a 40 minute period again. This was our chance to not just steal a win, but actually win an away game deservedly. I can't see that happen again. If we want to beat them away now we'll have to rob them.

Which I guess is fine, since that was the expectation from the start. It's just so annoying being handed a win on a silver platter and just piss it away. Just can't do that if you want to win in this league and I'm tired of hearing about "learning experience" and "lessions learned". We're in the playoffs ffs. We had the game in our hand.

6 hours ago, Sod16 said:

The Rangers lost this game because of Panarin's ineffectual play on the shift that resulted in the tying goal.

If the kids can get zone time, the top six should be able to as well.

As everyone has recognized, we had our chance in the first 40, and we are not likely to see those Canes again.

There's no drop off from Anderson to Raanta.

No they lost because Kakko missed an empty net. 

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well sure, they played really good (for parts of the game as usual).

But that doesn't change the fact that we won't see this Canes version for the rest of the series. There's no way in hell we'll keep them to 14 SOG in a 40 minute period again. This was our chance to not just steal a win, but actually win an away game deservedly. I can't see that happen again. If we want to beat them away now we'll have to rob them.

Which I guess is fine, since that was the expectation from the start. It's just so annoying being handed a win on a silver platter and just piss it away. Just can't do that if you want to win in this league and I'm tired of hearing about "learning experience" and "lessions learned". We're in the playoffs ffs. We had the game in our hand.

I'm sorry you're tired of hearing that a bunch of players under 25 in their first playoffs are still learning, and that doesn't fit into your plans as a fan, but it should. 

People keep saying "we won't see this Carolina team again" but not one knows that. No one thought we'd see that Carolina team from the first 40,period... Yet there they were. 

And if it's true that we won't see that the again, that would be true regardless of the outcome of last nights game so what's that get us? One win? Still a series loss? So who cares?

Let's stop trying to predict what will happen and what teams will show up in what fashion, and just enjoy the games. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

Watched this in a beach bar in the Bahamas with no sound(and karoake, some good, some..well), and many Coronas. 

Raanta was really good, but not tested enough. Need more offensively. Igor was great. Cannot much fault him on either goal.

Need more offensively.This is a recording. Again. Forever. 

This is gonna be a long series no matter what. Could've stolen a game but Rangers. Not in their DNA to do the easy thing, why should this series be any different? 

I watched on low volume with two sleeping babies and am not allowed to scream at the TV so vastly different experiences lol

we scraped by without bread and zib really showing up for most of round 1. Can’t afford that anymore. Kid line drove all of our offense 

somehow Rooney got more ice time than Chytil/almost as much as Laf and Kakko

Game 2, the big guys gotta make an impact. We gotta get on the PP. but this is a winnable series. 

maybe the canes were flat for the first 40 but I chalk it up to more about the team playing an excellent defensive structure. Which we lacked in round 1. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm sorry you're tired of hearing that a bunch of players under 25 in their first playoff series are still learning, and that doesn't fit into your plans as a fan, but it should. 

We can talk about experience and learning in the off-season. We can't use it as an excuse to throw games in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

And if it's true that we won't see that the again, that would be true regardless of the outcome of last nights game so what's that get us? One win? Still a series loss? So who cares?

Because there's a big difference between Canes at home and away. We only need to win one away game and I'm pretty sure none will be as easy as this one. I'm not saying it's impossible or won't happen, but you just cant afford to throw away a game like this. They had 14 SOG after 40 minutes. We missed two open nets and more.

16 minutes ago, Dunny said:

You're not in dire straits until you lose at home.

However, if Panarin/Strome/Copp can't figure out a way to produce something then they're in trouble.

Canes beat Boston because of the matchups on home ice. We can steal a road game off these guys. And hopefully at the garden, the big guns can get free a bit more

Despite Kakko leaving his contacts at home, he's been looking more and more like Euro-Kakko lately. Hopefully the missed net doesn't devastate his confidence because if he put that in we'd be singing crazy praises about him right now as he was dominant. 

Meanwhile Lafreniee has straight up been one of the best players for us in the post season at 20 years old. The Eastern teams better win their titles now because this team is going to be a powerhouse as soon as next year

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

We can talk about experience and learning in the off-season. We can't use it as an excuse to throw games in the playoffs.

Because there's a big difference between Canes at home and away. We only need to win one away game and I'm pretty sure none will be as easy as this one. I'm not saying it's impossible or won't happen, but you just cant afford to throw away a game like this. They had 14 SOG after 40 minutes. We missed two open nets and more.

Now they threw the game lol? I give up. 

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Now they threw the game lol? I give up. 

Yeah missing two open nets + more chances to close out the game just to have it tied with 2 minutes left because our star forward didn't bother to back-check, then to lose it in OT without even getting started. I call that throwing the game.

Seriously, Canes did everything to NOT win this game in the first 40 minutes and they still won. That's not gonna happen again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah missing two open nets + more chances to close out the game just to have it tied with 2 minutes left because our star forward didn't bother to back-check, then to lose it in OT without even getting started. I call that throwing the game.

Seriously, Canes did everything to NOT win this game in the first 40 minutes and they still won. That's not gonna happen again.

It’ll be apparent how much this game was needed to have a chance after the first period on Friday. Last night legitimately was one of the worst games the Canes played all year.

Just now, rmc51 said:

It’ll be apparent how much this game was needed to have a chance after the first period on Friday. Last night legitimately was one of the worst games the Canes played all year.

No it was undoubtedly the worst game they've played this season. 14 SOG in 40 minutes at home against The Rangers horrible team-defence is actually embarrassing.

We can praise the team for playing good the first 40 minutes, but as you said - we're gonna see on friday how the Canes actually play for 60 minutes and it will be nothing like the first 40 minutes of game 1. We could've actually won a game without a PP goal or Igor standing on his head, now I think that's our only chance to steal one away.

Anyway, didn't expect to win any of the first two games, just sucks how we lost it.

After all those flubs from Kakko last night, he's probably going to be useless the rest of the series.

"Shoot, Kakko, shoot" inevitably becomes, "sulk, Kakko, sulk". It's too bad because he did play well and was creating, just some awful non-finishes. As great as the kid line has been, the others were a total no-show last night. I think they looked worse than at any point during the Pittsburgh series. Carolina is a different animal, though, and that needs to be change. They let the Hurricanes off the hook last night. As others have said, that's not going to happen again.  These guys need to show up. On the plus side, Igor looked really sharp. That was a tough own deflection on the game-winner.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

After all those flubs from Kakko last night, he's probably going to be useless the rest of the series.

"Shoot, Kakko, shoot" inevitably becomes, "sulk, Kakko, sulk". It's too bad because he did play well and was creating, just some awful non-finishes. As great as the kid line has been, the others were a total no-show last night. I think they looked worse than at any point during the Pittsburgh series. Carolina is a different animal, though, and that needs to be change. They let the Hurricanes off the hook last night. As others have said, that's not going to happen again.  These guys need to show up. On the plus side, Igor looked really sharp. That was a tough own deflection on the game-winner.

Standard M.O. for Kakko. Im starting to think a sports psychologist would do him wonders.