• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #1: (2M) Rangers at (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — Ay Tone

Anyone else notice all the Rangers talk in your community? Wearing my Rangers cap…I was at the doctor yesterday and a receptionist starting chatting about the first round and the excitement. Later in a store and talked with a cashier who started the convo. And again out in the parking lot. 

The rebuilt NYR are exiting again and have proven throughout this season to be a fun watch. The ride continues. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

After all those flubs from Kakko last night, he's probably going to be useless the rest of the series.

"Shoot, Kakko, shoot" inevitably becomes, "sulk, Kakko, sulk". It's too bad because he did play well and was creating, just some awful non-finishes. As great as the kid line has been, the others were a total no-show last night. I think they looked worse than at any point during the Pittsburgh series. Carolina is a different animal, though, and that needs to be change. They let the Hurricanes off the hook last night. As others have said, that's not going to happen again.  These guys need to show up. On the plus side, Igor looked really sharp. That was a tough own deflection on the game-winner.

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

Standard M.O. for Kakko. Im starting to think a sports psychologist would do him wonders.

Confidence is contagious, but it can't be manufactured, either. His problem is that he doesn't score often enough to build it naturally. Not sure what a psychologist is going to be able to do to remedy that. He simply needs to score more.

3 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Anyone else notice all the Rangers talk in your community? Wearing my Rangers cap…I was at the doctor yesterday and a receptionist starting chatting about the first round and the excitement. Later in a store and talked with a cashier who started the convo. And again out in the parking lot. 

The rebuilt NYR are exiting again and have proven throughout this season to be a fun watch. The ride continues. 

Absolutely. No matter what happens here, things are very much on the up and up.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Confidence is contagious, but it can't be manufactured, either. His problem is that he doesn't score often enough to build it naturally. Not sure what a psychologist is going to be able to do to remedy that. He simply needs to score more.

You're not wrong, but I still thinks he tends to get down on himself too much. Scoring will help, but I get the feeling that it goes a little deeper than that with him. I don't know.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I dunno he seems like hes about to walk off a ledge every time he comes back to the bench. Seems to over think ever little shift.

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You're not wrong, but I still thinks he tends to get down on himself too much. Scoring will help, but I get the feeling that it goes a little deeper than that with him. I don't know.

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

I dunno he seems like hes about to walk off a ledge every time he comes back to the bench. Seems to over think ever little shift.

Again, score more and that won't matter. That, or increase his meds, I guess.

• Phil unpinned this topic

Obviously, all is not lost.

But it's hard not to feel like that is exactly the sort of game you have to take to get through a tough series like this one. Kakko's hideous miss just makes it worse because again, in that situation, you simple have to put the game away if you want to go on a run.

To be honest I couldn't believe what I was watching the first 40 minutes of that. Just completely suffocating the Canes, I really didn't think they had that sort of game in them. It was what I was fearing to see, except with reversed roles.

Tough to say what happened in the last 20 whether it's the Rangers turtling, the Canes just finding their game or a combination.  

Need to come out firing in tomorrow. I still believe they can win this.

Edited by Gravesy

Can't say we didn't have our chances!!  Credit the kids for playing a fabulous game, and a tremendous effort by Igor yet again, withstanding Carolina's 3rd period onslaught.  Yeah, I know Kakko missed a gaping 4x6, and it cost us Game 1, but I'm not worried, because WE BELIEVE!!!

....And here are the Top "Dirty Dozen" nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

14 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Good luck, and may god have mercy on our souls

13 hours ago, siddious said:

Big dick chytil.

hell of a play by laf 

13 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

ADA assist right after they sucked his dick on the broadcast lmao

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Motte is going to turn into Apple sauce at this rate.

13 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Sean McDonough has the personality of a wet napkin!

13 hours ago, rmc51 said:

I need Elon Musk to check this site for spams and bots too, with all of the Chytil trash talk after he scores a goal 😂

12 hours ago, G1000 said:

Miller just crushing bitches.

12 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You know the rules. We're up by 1 and playing good. If you haven't watched, you can't turn on now...

12 hours ago, G1000 said:

I swear the crowd is chanting "Lets go Pens"

11 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

That post is gonna have more dents than a hooker's cherry!!

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Calm down bro I don't have super fucking zoom built into my contacts!

10 hours ago, Morphinity said:

That Kakko missed net is gonna haunt my dreams tonight.

I can still see that puck in my mind, get shot wide of the yawning goal!!!  UGH!!  Even though we lost a heart-breaker, I think we played a pretty good game against those pricks, and learned what NOT to do in 3rd periods anymore.  Lessons LEARNED!!

I think we still match up pretty well, and the best is yet to come!!  Keep believing, gang!!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @VegasRanger!!  Yeah man, that post had it's share of choruses tonight!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 1

Also I forgot to mention.. its a bit ridiculous to be getting on kakko for this loss when our top 2 lines were complete no shows. For once our defense looked good too. I blame this entirely on panarin kreider zib strome copp and who ever the other forward was... motte?

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Missing the empty net happens and in Kakko's case, it probably wouldn't count anyway even if he puts it in. The left goalpost was off its mooring about foot and the Canegers could have challanged it. In either case, come on Kakko, you have to put that in...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Missing the empty net happens and in Kakko's case, it probably wouldn't count anyway even if he puts it in. The left goalpost was off its mooring about foot and the Canegers could have challanged it. In either case, come on Kakko, you have to put that in...

good point I hadnt noticed that

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

I dont think anyone did, and holy shit if the net was on the mooring he would have probably scored it was that close

Actually, even if the left goalpost had been in its mooring, it still would have missed it seems. The puck passed outside of the meeting point for the goal line and the red outline of the goal crease.  The goalpost being off its mooring on the other hand did change angle that Kakko was seeing. In another word, the opening probably seemed smaller.

Still, Kakko should've put it in the net and let the refs sort it out if challenged, but I don't blame him for the loss. That's squarely on the top six players, who really didn't do much, if any offensively...

3 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah missing two open nets + more chances to close out the game just to have it tied with 2 minutes left because our star forward didn't bother to back-check, then to lose it in OT without even getting started. I call that throwing the game.

Seriously, Canes did everything to NOT win this game in the first 40 minutes and they still won. That's not gonna happen again.

Language thing, "throwing the game" means you lost intentionally.