• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Igor Shesterkin: Vezina/Hart Frontrunner?

Phil

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

Probably no longer pretty much the unanimous vezina favorite.  Andersen and Markstrom right there.  Andersen more W, and lower GAA, Markstrom lower GAA, more shutouts.  Igor, highest SV%

Meh. Cant compare Andersen and Markstrom's workload with Igor's. He's also still .08% higher save% than anyone else. There's 8 goalies between .922 and .928, then there's Igor alone on top with .936. Without looking at the advanced stats I'm sure has faced the most high danger chances of the goalies in the top 10 save%.

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well that's the playoffs isn't it?

And they simply have no shot at all to win unless he is otherworldly. 

His last game he save 28 out of 29 shots from the reigning double-champs. His play earlier in the season was just too good to sustain. I still think he can stay over .935% for the rest of the season and in the playoffs. That should give the team a chance against most teams.

We just have to wait and see. We've never seen Igor in the NHL playoffs. He could be Bobrovsky or he could be Lundqvist 2.0.

Edited by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well that's the playoffs isn't it?

And they simply have no shot at all to win unless he is otherworldly. 

Well they're 2-3 in the 5 game stretch of shit play and one of those games was the Islanders game which was very winnable.

I'd prefer he be otherworldly obviously though. 

I'm not afraid yet. If this continues for another 5-10 starts, we can talk again. I'm sure we'll all be panicking.

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Meh. Cant compare Andersen and Markstrom's workload with Igor's. He's also still .08% higher save% than anyone else. There's 8 goalies between .922 and .928, then there's Igor alone on top with .936. Without looking at the advanced stats I'm sure has faced the most high danger chances of the goalies in the top 10 save%.

His last game he save 28 out of 29 shots from the reigning double-champs. His play earlier in the season was just too good to sustain. I still think he can stay over .935% for the rest of the season and in the playoffs. That should give the team a chance against most teams.

We just have to wait and see. We've never seen Igor in the NHL playoffs. He could be Bobrovsky or he could be Lundqvist 2.0.

Why not?  Markstrom 49 GP, Andersen 43 GP, Shesterkin 42 GP, so actually the other 2 goalies played more games. 

Just pointing out that the Vezina race may now be closer than everyone thought.  3 weeks ago Shesterkin was talked about winning the Hart/Vezina, then being a Hart Finalist/Vezina Winner hands down, now probably out of the Hart race and no longer Vezina clear cut winner.  

Playoffs dont count towards Vezina voting.  

Edited by Blue Heaven
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Why not?  Markstrom 49 GP, Andersen 43 GP, Shesterkin 42 GP, so actually the other 2 goalies played more games. 

Workload doesn't only mean games played. Igor gets hung out to dry every game. Markstrom has 9 shutouts and I would dare to assume atleast 5 of those were <25 SOG against and very easy games. Carolina and Calgary are just much better teams defensively.

Ofcourse he can lose it, but he would basically have to play at this level for the remaining 15 ish games he will play.

24 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Well they're 2-3 in the 5 game stretch of shit play and one of those games was the Islanders game which was very winnable.

I'd prefer he be otherworldly obviously though. 

I'm not afraid yet. If this continues for another 5-10 starts, we can talk again. I'm sure we'll all be panicking.

One was also a game Geo stole...But, I hear you.

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, Long live the King said:

In 2018-2019, Vasilevskiy won the Vezina.  From March 14th to the 30th he started 7 games.  3.71 GAA and .885 SV%.  Allowed 4 or more goals in 5 out of the 7.

Who has time to look this shit up? 🍻

• LMFAO 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...