• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will be in on Patrick Kane

Phil

17 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Maybe he can come back here and be an arrogant elitist prick again. We need one of those

Yes we need more takes like "Dubinsky plays against the toughest competition in the league, with the worst linemates comparatively".

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I get frustrated with Miller too, fellas....but I wanna stay patient with him.  Defenseman take longer to develop, and he's really still just a child out there.  He has awesome athleticism, and he's a fabulous skater.  He's not as physical as I'd like him to be, but there's no doubt this guy is going to be a pretty damn good player; way better than what we see now.

He's going to make mistakes

They're going to be painful at times....like last night

BUT....he's going to be one of the cogs in the wheel that eventually land us a Cup!  I believe that.

I also believe in Santa Claus....but that's a story for another day!!!  LOL

Nah....I'm kidding....I like K' and I think he's going to be a solid player for us for many years...I say let him grow up and learn.  He will!

He just needs an actual coach, IMO. 

• Keeps it 100 1

31 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's not pointless. If either gets injured it basically fractures the entire trade sequence. Staple breaks it down in my last post above.

Leschyshyn getting hurt is not a deal breaker.  He has zero…nay…negative value in a trade. Kravtsov hurt might be a deal breaker, but he’s been sitting anyway.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Leschyshyn getting hurt is not a deal breaker.  He has zero…nay…negative value in a trade. Kravtsov hurt might be a deal breaker, but he’s been sitting anyway.

OK, but my point stands. They need these guys healthy in order to trade/waive them, so they're wrapped in bubble wrap for the next week, because there's no margin for error here.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You can't waive an injured player. And there's absolutely no way to get a team to trade for him, even when healthy. 

• VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Not sure why they can't waive Leschyshyn last night or now?

Because the deal isn't done yet, and there's no point exposing him to waivers if they haven't made the trade. 

The daily cap savings of not carrying him on their roster is negligible at this point and won't make or break a Kane trade. 

• VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

You can't waive an injured player. And there's absolutely no way to get a team to trade for him, even when healthy. 

Yup. Rangers didn't even get him via trade. He's terrible. He's played like 40 games? Pointless. Literally. He's garbage. I doubt anyone claims him when the Rangers waive him here shortly, too.

2 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Leschyshyn is injured?  

No. But if he were, he can't be waived, which is why he (and Krav) are being bubble wrapped. Rangers have zero margin for error here. One injury and the whole house falls down.

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

No. But if he were, he can't be waived, which is why he (and Krav) are being bubble wrapped. Rangers have zero margin for error here. One injury and the whole house falls down.

But then why couldnt Leschysyn just be waived instead like 2 days ago?  These teams aren't pining for him anyway.  

17 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

But then why couldnt Leschysyn just be waived instead like 2 days ago?  These teams aren't pining for him anyway.  

He could have. We don't really know what the timeline is here. Might be safe to assume Drury/NYR didn't really get a good enough inkling that this can happen until yesterday?

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

He could have. We don't really know what the timeline is here. Might be safe to assume Drury/NYR didn't really get a good enough inkling that this can happen until yesterday?

Rangers are skating in DC today at 1. I wonder if we’ll have news by then about Leschyshyn being waived? I’d imagine that has to happen at some point, no? I’m assuming it won’t happen until Drury knows 100% sure that he has a 3rd team in hand because if not, losing Leschyshyn, while obviously far from any type of real loss, I mean it wouldn’t make much sense unless you have someone coming in to fill the void. 

Edited by RichieNextel305