• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

1 minute ago, siddious said:

In all fairness its only been what...12 games? 

If they still look like shit at the end of the year I will be on the "lets blow it up" train

I'll give it some time...at least they're winning games, and getting some well needed points, instead on being 2-7-3 or something like that.  Thank god Shesty is keeping us in this until we get going and improve.  I'm sure they'll smell what the Gallant is cookin'.  Hopefully it's sooner than later!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I was told Gallant would solve all these problems.

Not necessarily for the players that were here. He's more laid back, let the players do their thing.

The guys brought in, expected to bring that mentality, they have, but it hasnt trickled into the other aspects of the game.

I think this team is much more suited for the playoffs, when you see the players mentioned step it up in those parts of the game. I think we were just expecting to see it now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, josh said:

Not necessarily for the players that were here. He's more laid back, let the players do their thing.

The guys brought in, expected to bring that mentality, they have, but it hasnt trickled into the other aspects of the game.

I think this team is much more suited for the playoffs, when you see the players mentioned step it up in those parts of the game. I think we were just expecting to see it now.

I'm digging ya, Josh!  I think it's going to come together, eventually.  We have some important things we need to iron out, and it may look and feel like shit at times, but I have no doubt this team has what it takes.  A few guys have to get going and a few other have to get started.  But you're right, the trickle down effect is going to eventually happen over time.

23 minutes ago, josh said:

Really? I don't really agree. What do you see that you think will translate to a good playoff game?

To me, they bleed chances all night and give up the middle of the ice way too easily. That's not a recipe for success in any medium, forget about the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Really? I don't really agree. What do you see that you think will translate to a good playoff game?

To me, they bleed chances all night and give up the middle of the ice way too easily. That's not a recipe for success in any medium, forget about the playoffs.

Are you at work right now? 

Rangers are "posting on the forum" during work hours right now. They can work hard, but they don't. Not the entire day/game. Hoping it's a honeymoon period under the new coach. 

It's correctable, and we know they can do it. It's early, and frustrating, no doubt. 

6 minutes ago, josh said:

Are you at work right now? 

Rangers are "posting on the forum" during work hours right now. They can work hard, but they don't. Not the entire day/game. Hoping it's a honeymoon period under the new coach. 

It's correctable, and we know they can do it. It's early, and frustrating, no doubt. 

lisa kudrow wire GIF by The Comeback HBO

Alright, fair enough. We shall see! 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, josh said:

Yea, I don't really care about Gallant, I have no skin in that game. But there are folks (not necessarily you) who thought new coach was a magic pill. It never is. And 10 games or so in is still too early to say anything about anything, especially when there have been injuries. I just hope Strome isn't this year's long hauler.

I'm concerned that no one looks better than they did last year, and too many guys look worse. This injection of "will" we thought they were getting is losing efficacy. They may need a booster soon.

27 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Strome is a total product of playing with Panarin. When Panarin shits the bed Strome is invisible. When Panarin starts doing his thing—Strome puts up points. He doesn’t drive, he rides 

23 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Kool Aid GIF

16 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Boxing Punch GIF by Wale

troll dancing GIF

On 11/10/2021 at 3:18 PM, Ozzy said:

I'm digging ya, Josh!  I think it's going to come together, eventually.  We have some important things we need to iron out, and it may look and feel like shit at times, but I have no doubt this team has what it takes.  A few guys have to get going and a few other have to get started.  But you're right, the trickle down effect is going to eventually happen over time.

The effect has to be present for it to trickle down. Blais and occasionally Kreider can't do it all. Trouba is really losing my faith. I thought a decent coach could get more out of him. He's no better than Brendan Smith was, when HE was playing like shit.  

I really get no feeling for Goodrow.  There's zero energy there. He's just... there. Hunt really doesn't belong in the lineup.  He's just another grit player, that isn't playing a noticeable game. He brings absolutely nothing.  Reaves is a serious, but not shocking let down. "Whaaaatsss uppppp Neewww Yorrrrrk?!!!" Yeah.... Do something. Another waste. He's doing nothing.  Not even a serious scrum.  Rooney is really a fantastic lower line guy. I honestly like what he brings daily. Hope they can extend him year to year. 

The energy players are not bringing energy. I'm not even sure they are bringing a calming feeling for the stars anymore.  

This isnt to take blame away from the top line guys. Panarin has been absolutely lame so far. Kakko.. I mean.. he's approaching bust territory. Strome looks alright but isn't really clicking with anyone yet. Lafreniere is looking like someone that might need a change of scenery. 

These top line guys played more inspired when they didn't have this supposed "back". So, these no shows shouldn't really factor in at all.  Unless Wilson seriously broke Panarin . 

I feel like this team is missing a hell of a lot. The glue guys that were brought in aren't really cutting it. Not too late to send these guys elsewhere and try again with different energy players. 

Needless to say, I expected a much different feel for these lower line players.  They are giving off a Star Trek "red shirt" vibe. 

Edited by The Dude

44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The effect has to be present for it to trickle down. Blais and occasionally Kreider can't do it all. Trouba is really losing my faith. I thought a decent coach could get more out of him. He's no better than Brendan Smith was, when HE was playing like shit.  

I really get no feeling for Goodrow.  There's zero energy there. He's just... there. Hunt really doesn't belong in the lineup.  He's just another grit player, that isn't playing a noticeable game. He brings absolutely nothing.  Reaves is a serious, but not shocking let down. "Whaaaatsss uppppp Neewww Yorrrrrk?!!!" Yeah.... Do something. Another waste. He's doing nothing.  Not even a serious scrum.  Rooney is really a fantastic lower line guy. I honestly like what he brings daily. Hope they can extend him year to year. 

The energy players are not bringing energy. I'm not even sure they are bringing a calming feeling for the stars anymore.  

This isnt to take blame away from the top line guys. Panarin has been absolutely lame so far. Kakko.. I mean.. he's approaching bust territory. Strome looks alright but isn't really clicking with anyone yet. Lafreniere is looking like someone that might need a change of scenery. 

These top line guys played more inspired when they didn't have this supposed "back". So, these no shows shouldn't really factor in at all.  Unless Wilson seriously broke Panarin . 

I feel like this team is missing a hell of a lot. The glue guys that were brought in aren't really cutting it. Not too late to send these guys elsewhere and try again with different energy players. 

Needless to say, I expected a much different feel for these lower line players.  They are giving off a Star Trek "red shirt" vibe. 

Key word is "yet", my Dude.  I'm still thinking it's a touch too early to throw this in the dumpster and call it day on some of these guys.  I hear your point and I'm not saying your off by a mile here.  I just think it may be a little early.  A lot of them are barely 20 and we have a new general behind the bench, who is trying desperately to get his message across from what I hear in his pressers. 

We'll see how it goes the next 10 games.

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Key word is "yet", my Dude.  I'm still thinking it's a touch too early to throw this in the dumpster and call it day on some of these guys.  I hear your point and I'm not saying your off by a mile here.  I just think it may be a little early.  A lot of them are barely 20 and we have a new general behind the bench, who is trying desperately to get his message across from what I hear in his pressers. 

We'll see how it goes the next 10 games.

I don't share your optimism. The guys I'm talking about with this "trickle down " ARENT barely 20. The guys that were brought in to change the makeup of the team are failing to make any sort of impact, save for Blais. I was expecting the Islanders 4th line of pests and guys who can draw attention to them with some physical play. It ain't happening and such things typically happen instantly.  They either bring it, or they don't. What are Reaves and Goodrow waiting for? Where's the attitude? Where's the swagger? Where's the harder to play against? 

I knew the kids weren't ready. I've been saying that since last season.  I knew bringing in these new contracts and walking away from Buchnevich in favor of untested/unproven kids was a bad idea. 

This team is harder to play against with Buchnevich in and Goodrow and Nemeth out. With less cap hit and less years. These "adds" could be replaced from within. Buch (especially now with Kravtsov gone) can't be. 

I don't see an upswing in play coming from these guys. Got paid and we are stuck with them.  Sadly we have a players coach, who seems to either like dealing with below average grinders, or has no choice (see Kravtsov decision)..

Gallant is definitely one of the boys. Not sure that's what they need from their coach. I honestly thought he'd be a bit more harder on underperforming players. I did however expect poor decisions like Goodrow being put on top lines and an affection for big bodied players (see shit show Tinordi). 

If you ask me they hired the wrong coach. This isn't going to be a promising season. 

Sky IS falling. 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't share your optimism. The guys I'm talking about with this "trickle down " ARENT barely 20. The guys that were brought in to change the makeup of the team are failing to make any sort of impact, save for Blais. I was expecting the Islanders 4th line of pests and guys who can draw attention to them with some physical play. It ain't happening and such things typically happen instantly.  They either bring it, or they don't. What are Reaves and Goodrow waiting for? Where's the attitude? Where's the swagger? Where's the harder to play against? 

I knew the kids weren't ready. I've been saying that since last season.  I knew bringing in these new contracts and walking away from Buchnevich in favor of untested/unproven kids was a bad idea. 

This team is harder to play against with Buchnevich in and Goodrow and Nemeth out. With less cap hit and less years. These "adds" could be replaced from within. Buch (especially now with Kravtsov gone) can't be. 

I don't see an upswing in play coming from these guys. Got paid and we are stuck with them.  Sadly we have a players coach, who seems to either like dealing with below average grinders, or has no choice (see Kravtsov decision)..

Gallant is definitely one of the boys. Not sure that's what they need from their coach. I honestly thought he'd be a bit more harder on underperforming players. I did however expect poor decisions like Goodrow being put on top lines and an affection for big bodied players (see shit show Tinordi). 

If you ask me they hired the wrong coach. This isn't going to be a promising season. 

Sky IS falling. 

Nah....I love ya man, but I differ on Buch.  He isn't exactly lighting it up in St Lou either.  Guys like Blais are what we need...eventually.  They're gonna get to where they need, and contrary to some belief up here, Dude man, I think we're going to see it in small doese before it kicks in hard core.

Guys like Buch are to me, exactly the type we should walk from in my opinion.  I realize we haven't seen a whole lot from anyone with the new deals, but I haven't had an issue with Goodrow, and Blais hasn't been bad.

To me, those guys aren't the issue.  It's guys like Zibby and Panarin who need to do what they're now paid to do...score and play better.  They've been below expectations in my eyes, and that's what costs us.  Panarin has been a turnover machine, contrary to stats....and Zibby has been somewhat impotent for a few games.

The kids will get there, and I also think it will be over time.  It's hard to be patient, but hang in there my man...It's not going to stay like this....It can't.  They're learning under a new coach and that takes some time.  Let's see where we're at after 25 games before we go and do a jack knife into 7th avenue from the top of MSG!  😃

• Applause 1

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nah....I love ya man, but I differ on Buch.  He isn't exactly lighting it up in St Lou either.  Guys like Blais are what we need...eventually.  They're gonna get to where they need, and contrary to some belief up here, Dude man, I think we're going to see it in small doese before it kicks in hard core.

Guys like Buch are to me, exactly the type we should walk from in my opinion.  I realize we haven't seen a whole lot from anyone with the new deals, but I haven't had an issue with Goodrow, and Blais hasn't been bad.

To me, those guys aren't the issue.  It's guys like Zibby and Panarin who need to do what they're now paid to do...score and play better.  They've been below expectations in my eyes, and that's what costs us.  Panarin has been a turnover machine, contrary to stats....and Zibby has been somewhat impotent for a few games.

The kids will get there, and I also think it will be over time.  It's hard to be patient, but hang in there my man...It's not going to stay like this....It can't.  They're learning under a new coach and that takes some time.  Let's see where we're at after 25 games before we go and do a jack knife into 7th avenue from the top of MSG!  😃

Meh Unimpressed GIF

• LOL 1

Here’s a question: If Blais is out as expected, might it not be a bad idea to give a guy like Ty Ronning a look? He is an energy type player, obviously on the smaller side. He’s been a scorer at other levels. I feel like he might be the type of under the radar type of guy who makes the most of his shot; sometimes guys like this come out of no where and make a difference.

I figured why not give it a shot? Could be a move we look back on as a stroke of genius. Could also be a waste of time. Either way, I wouldn’t hate seeing him (or someone like him) get a shot. 

13 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Here’s a question: If Blais is out as expected, might it not be a bad idea to give a guy like Ty Ronning a look? He is an energy type player, obviously on the smaller side. He’s been a scorer at other levels. I feel like he might be the type of under the radar type of guy who makes the most of his shot; sometimes guys like this come out of no where and make a difference.

I figured why not give it a shot? Could be a move we look back on as a stroke of genius. Could also be a waste of time. Either way, I wouldn’t hate seeing him (or someone like him) get a shot. 

Maybe yes maybe no, but if you are looking to reward guys from Hartford for their play, there’s a good 3-4 forwards out performing him right now. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Maybe yes maybe no, but if you are looking to reward guys from Hartford for their play, there’s a good 3-4 forwards out performing him right now. 

Oh for sure. There are a few guys that are playing well there. Pajuniemi is another guy too.

I brought up Ronning because he reminds me of someone like Marchessault in Vegas (who I believe was in our system at one point) who got a shot in Florida and made the most of it because he combined his offensive talent and engine that never dies to outweigh his lack of size. And I feel like a little spark of energy in the bottom-6 wouldn’t hurt, as opposed to guys like Barron, who we have seen at this level already and haven’t shown much to date.

Don’t ask me why, but I have always had a feeling this guy was going to grow into a key piece here.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Oh for sure. There are a few guys that are playing well there. Pajuniemi is another guy too.

I brought up Ronning because he reminds me of someone like Marchessault in Vegas (who I believe was in our system at one point) who got a shot in Florida and made the most of it because he combined his offensive talent and engine that never dies to outweigh his lack of size. And I feel like a little spark of energy in the bottom-6 wouldn’t hurt, as opposed to guys like Barron, who we have seen at this level already and haven’t shown much to date.

Don’t ask me why, but I have always had a feeling this guy was going to grow into a key piece here.

I just think Barron is nx5 up as last cut. I like the kid too so it might work out well.