• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Of course not, it never was. He's also not a magic bullet that's going to cure all that ails them. I mean, we have 6 As for that!

The best part of Reaves is that he doesn't even have to wear an "A" to be "that guy".  To me, he seems to act like he's got a "C".

We'll see how it shakes out, man.  I expect him to play a solid 10-12 minutes a night and be a serviceable 4th line physical grinder.  I think he can do that.

***Now if only he can score 15 goals and I get to rip on G man!!!  LOL

• Applause 1

Just now, Pete said:

Let him play a game? He's played games last year and the coach decided to sit him in the playoffs. You think he's going to just come to NY and get better?

The second paragraph is off base. There are 6 alternate captains, one of them has the 2 most recent cups under his belt, another a trip to the finals. There is plenty of leadership. People are overvaluing Reaves, specifically, in that role.

BTW, I don't get mad, I correct the obvious flaw in the thinking that anyone can replace Strome, because it was all about Panarin, the RW on that line would be producing as much as Strome. News flash, they aren't.

Maybe people overvalue him, but you're seriously undervaluing him with the "anyone else could do the same as he does", that's just not true.

And Im with you on the Strome thing, but there's a difference between winger-center and winger-winger. A center will get more "free points" of his left wing than his right wing will with his left wing. You also need to factor in the level of the players that's played RW, its been bottom 6 players all the time.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but you dont need to shit on everyone's parade every time Reaves is mentioned. Just let people love and overvalue him lol.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Maybe people overvalue him, but you're seriously undervaluing him with the "anyone else could do the same as he does", that's just not true.

Don't agree, we have 6 As lol.

And Im with you on the Strome thing, but there's a difference between winger-center and winger-winger. A center will get more "free points" of his left wing than his right wing will with his left wing. You also need to factor in the level of the players that's played RW, its been bottom 6 players all the time.

I don't know where you're getting this from. And Strome was a 3rd/4th liner before getting his shot, and producing with Panarin, and then he produced with Krieder, too.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but you dont need to shit on everyone's parade every time Reaves is mentioned. Just let people love and overvalue him lol.

I'm not shitting on anyone's parade, I can't help that people take it personally when I say something like "This team should be able to win without Reaves". Seriously the response was as if I said to go fuck their mothers and I get harassed daily about it and trolled in GDTs. Maybe it's y'all that need to get a grip?

• LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don't agree, we have 6 As lol.

I don't know where you're getting this from. And Strome was a 3rd/4th liner before getting his shot, and producing with Panarin, and then he produced with Krieder, too.

I'm not shitting on anyone's parade, I can't help that people take it personally when I say something like "This team should be able to win without Reaves". Seriously the response was as if I said to go fuck their mothers and I get harassed daily about it and trolled in GDTs. Maybe it's y'all that need to get a grip?

6 Asses, but just one Daddy ?

Well, its not just that one comment, its most of the times he's brought up its like you just "need" to lower the expectations and bring down the excitement.

"Damn, it sucks to lose Reaves to injury, I was looking forward to see him play"

- This team should be able to win without Reaves anyway.

"I wonder the impact Reaves has on this team"

- They're not the fanbois y'all are.

We get your view on him now, its not necessary with these comments everytime he's mentioned is all im saying.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

Seriously the response was as if I said to go fuck their mothers and I get harassed daily about it and trolled in GDTs. Maybe it's y'all that need to get a grip?

Or, you could just let people enjoy things they like without feeling the need to "correct" their fandom.

I say that as someone who was individually guilty of this with Callahan, for example. I still don't get the mass appeal he had, but in hindsight, I only made it worse by constantly digging every time someone cheered for him.

We debate almost everything to the molecular level. Why is it a problem to just turn our brains off and enjoy the show every now and then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Or, you could just let people enjoy things they like without feeling the need to "correct" their fandom.

I say that as someone who was individually guilty of this with Callahan, for example. I still don't get the mass appeal he had, but in hindsight, I only made it worse by constantly digging every time someone cheered for him.

We debate almost everything to the molecular level. Why is it a problem to just turn our brains off and enjoy the show every now and then?

B8C361C5-A612-4905-AE34-364DEEF8DF97.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I've never told anyone they can't enjoy anything. Again, this is YOU taking it personally, and projecting.

The point of a message board is to comment on the players. If you don't like my comments, you can put me on ignore. Sadly, I don't have that luxury, so...yea.

Regardless, I'm not gonna hijack the thread further. I'll make sure to sensor my posts moving forward so feelings don't get hurt.

Edited by Pete

During Sports Center last night they went back to Vegas to recap the game with Buccigross who had just called it. They of course were all fired up as they should be with it being their first night back.  When Buccigross was asked about the electric atmosphere in in the building he said yes! except there were times when the building was quiet during the game and during stops in play which surprised him. He then said he felt it was because Vegas no longer had Reaves out there constantly out on the ice chirping, hitting and stirring things up.

I would expect him to bring that if nothing else with him on the ice. Something we haven't had in years and something we've sorely missed imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Ryan Strome is out for tomorrow vs. Montreal with COVID-19. Greg McKegg has been recalled from Hartford.

Just read on Twitter on NYR page.

Damn that didn't take long for Covid to strike.

F*ck that McKegg is the best option.

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Ryan Strome is out for tomorrow vs. Montreal with COVID-19. Greg McKegg has been recalled from Hartford.

Just read on Twitter on NYR page.

Where does it say he has COVID-19? I thought COVID-19 protocol related could also mean he was a close contact of someone that's COVID-positive. Trying to stay optimistic...

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Lmao McKegg is back. Just cant get rid of him

But why not Barron?

A chance for Chytil to show what he can do. Goodrow probably centers the 3rd line with Hunt and Blais?

Waivers? Mckegg almost certainly won't be claimed.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Man if only there were a more talented young forward we could recall at a time like this.

Like if you're Vitaly Kravtsov right now, his agent, or anyone involved with him, you look like the biggest piece of shit on earth. This is game two and you're in the NHL. And every single person on Earth said the same thing; this year with injuries plus covid, there are going to be plenty of chances to play. Like, really? We're down two forwards two games in and you want to whine about not getting your chance on opening night. Foolish child. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3