• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

It's easy to say "had Kravtsov just.." and it's certainly true, but alternatively, Ranger FO should have read the room in regards to their fledgling player. Now, it's they who have been caught with their pants down in order to protect a #8, marginal legacy prospect Dman. 

Getting ahead of these situations and extracting value at the right moment, would have been nice. 

This will mark the second valuable piece they've turned worthless in less than a year. 

Pretty frustrating. 

Edited by Dunny

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

It's easy to say "had Kravtsov just.." and it's certainly true, but alternatively, Ranger FO should have read the room in regards to their fledgling player. Now, it's they who have been caught with their pants down in order to protect a #8, marginal legacy prospect Dman. 

Getting ahead of these situations and extracting value at the right moment, would have been nice. 

This will mark the second valuable piece they've turned worthless in less than a year. 

Pretty frustrating. 

Unfortunately, its a lot of internet warriors pushing the narrative. People who have never been around competitive sports or players.

Also neglecting Jagr bailed with a year left on his contract, Gaborone demanded out, Lundqvist demanded huge changes.

We can list Namestnikov, Lindquivst, Meskanen, Kovacs, and Jensen. Probably not allowed to mention that Prucha, Buchnevich and Zuccarello complained about being demoted. Zuccarello even "taking his ball and going home". 

Kreider whined about being demoted and the front office, well, took care of it. Jt Miller whined as well. 

Or maybe shesterkin or Lundkvist refusing to come over?

Should we address all the Kovalev issues? Lol

Long history of issues with skilled players and foreigners. 

It's no wonder they have the least amount of cups. 

I remember when Buchnevich wasn't hacking it in year 1-2...because he didn't have the conditioning and commitment to the two way game. Except he wasn't a top 10 pick with the 'luxury' of having an overinflated ego, so i guess he was forced to actually put in the work and evolve - which he sure as hell did. 

Kravtsov, without putting in the work, would probably never amount to much anyways.

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 2

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Has a team ever had a faceoff winning percentage of about 24% before in a game and then actually won the game? lol We all know face offs are a weakness with this team, but that was something else last night.

It really hurts losing faceoff's on PP attempts, because you lose 25-30 seconds just bringing it back up ice, and entry to the zone.

I'm not sure, about the percentage, Sharpy but if I had to guess, I would think it would be a small number of teams that pulled that rabbit out of their ass.

27 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Mika won something like 5 of 30 faceoffs. You pretty much can't have an effective PP if you can't win a faceoff. 

Yeah, that's pretty terrible....makes time of possession numbers look awful too.  Hard to score when you're chasing the puck all game.

I think I remember reading that the Rangers called in a former linesman to help with faceoffs...I really don't know how that helps...I'd rather them go a get a guy like Messier, Adam Oates or Joe Nieuwendyk...those guys are the best face off guys I ever saw.

56 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah, that's pretty terrible....makes time of possession numbers look awful too.  Hard to score when you're chasing the puck all game.

I think I remember reading that the Rangers called in a former linesman to help with faceoffs...I really don't know how that helps...I'd rather them go a get a guy like Messier, Adam Oates or Joe Nieuwendyk...those guys are the best face off guys I ever saw.

They've had faceoff coaches over the years. They had one this year at camp. Just seems to me some people just suck at them.

At this point, if you're Mika or Strome, are you really gonna get better at faceoffs? I have a hard time seeing it. 

This is part of my problem with having a Mika/Strome 1/2 punch. Neither player can win a faceoff so you can't necessarily swap one for the other if you need a big win. 

30 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

They've had faceoff coaches over the years. They had one this year at camp. Just seems to me some people just suck at them.

At this point, if you're Mika or Strome, are you really gonna get better at faceoffs? I have a hard time seeing it. 

This is part of my problem with having a Mika/Strome 1/2 punch. Neither player can win a faceoff so you can't necessarily swap one for the other if you need a big win. 

Solution: Giroux '22!

Need more French Canadians!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Hunt was supposed to be a fringe NHL roster player. Now he's on the 3rd line... Get well soon Strome and Kakko, we need you.

Yea, this is a big beef for me. He sucks and hasn't done shit, but our third line is really our fourth line and our fourth is our AHL first, so ... yea.