• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

12 hours ago, Pete said:

They're not the fanbois y'all are. 

Damn right!!!  LOL

....My guy!  I asked for him.  I'm going to be getting my money's worth of shit thrown my way this season, so I'm gonna enjoy the good times while I can.

When he's (-11) with no goals and 2 assists after 40 games, I'll be in the damned doghouse for this, so I'm enjoying it while I can!! 

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Damn right!!!  LOL

....My guy!  I asked for him.  I'm going to be getting my money's worth of shit thrown my way this season, so I'm gonna enjoy the good times while I can.

When he's (-11) with no goals and 2 assists after 40 games, I'll be in the damned doghouse for this, so I'm enjoying it while I can!! 

This guy was on pace to have four fights last year, if that's what you're looking for you're going to be disappointed.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

This guy was on pace to have four fights last year, if that's what you're looking for you're going to be disappointed.

I'm a Yankees and Raiders fan...it's familiar territory, Pete!!!  LOL

Nah, I think of him as a watchdog...kinda "just in case".  He's here I think, to make sure teams think twice before taking liberties with the kids.  If he decks a few guys along the way, it's an added bonus, but his locker room manner, and that whole "big daddy" persona is a welcome addition to some of these guys, and I think he'll be a welcome addition like that.

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm a Yankees and Raiders fan...it's familiar territory, Pete!!!  LOL

Nah, I think of him as a watchdog...kinda "just in case".  He's here I think, to make sure teams think twice before taking liberties with the kids.  If he decks a few guys along the way, it's an added bonus, but his locker room manner, and that whole "big daddy" persona is a welcome addition to some of these guys, and I think he'll be a welcome addition like that.

I get it, he's a glue guy. I like him, but he's past his prime as a hockey player and that much is clear.

I think what he brings to the locker room is valuable, however I think it's overvalued by fans. If it wasn't him being the daddy, it would be somebody else just as easy.

Just now, Pete said:

I get it, he's a glue guy. I like him, but he's past his prime as a hockey player and that much is clear.

I think what he brings to the locker room is valuable, however I think it's overvalued by fans. If it wasn't him being the daddy, it would be somebody else just as easy.

Yeah, I agree he's definitely on the back 9 of his career, and we got him a little late, but I'm hoping that he can kinda pass the torch with his experience and ability to "reach" players with his persona/swag.  These guys can learn a lot from a guy like him.  With me it was not really about his production with Reaves, but I know you know that.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Past his prime I guess, but he can still be a solid 4th liner. He didn't look bad in pre season, so maybe let him a play game before we decide he cant play hockey anymore?

And the last part is definitely not true. If that's the case, who was the "daddy" last season? Thinking someone can replace his leadership and mentoring "just as easy" is very wrong. Its the same as when someone says "anyone can take Strome's spot as Panarin's center and be productive just as easy as Strome" and you get all mad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah, I agree he's definitely on the back 9 of his career, and we got him a little late, but I'm hoping that he can kinda pass the torch with his experience and ability to "reach" players with his persona/swag.  These guys can learn a lot from a guy like him.  With me it was not really about his production with Reaves, but I know you know that.

Of course not, it never was. He's also not a magic bullet that's going to cure all that ails them. I mean, we have 6 As for that!

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Past his prime I guess, but he can still be a solid 4th liner. He didn't look bad in pre season, so maybe let him a play game before we decide he cant play hockey anymore?

And the last part is definitely not true. If that's the case, who was the "daddy" last season? Thinking someone can replace his leadership and mentoring "just as easy" is very wrong. Its the same as when someone says "anyone can take Strome's spot as Panarin's center and be productive just as easy as Strome" and you get all mad.

Let him play a game? He's played games last year and the coach decided to sit him in the playoffs. You think he's going to just come to NY and get better?

The second paragraph is off base. There are 6 alternate captains, one of them has the 2 most recent cups under his belt, another a trip to the finals. There is plenty of leadership. People are overvaluing Reaves, specifically, in that role.

BTW, I don't get mad, I correct the obvious flaw in the thinking that anyone can replace Strome, because it was all about Panarin, the RW on that line would be producing as much as Strome. News flash, they aren't.