• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Pavel Buchnevich to STL for Sammy Blais, 2022 2nd-Round Pick

Phil

Some people are excited that they just got Brendan Lemieux with a different name.

You can't justify this.

I can. He's Quebecoise, so he's automatically awesome. See? Justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can. He's Quebecoise, so he's automatically awesome. See? Justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was gonna say “he’s also 6’2 so his hits will actually do something” then I looked up lemieux’s height and apparently hes 6’1…… I thought he was like 5’10 for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just feel like this guy isn't even a guarantee to be full time on the roster, or that he will be on the 4th line which would be okay if he was like one of those Matt Martin types but still this is just severely underwhelming.

Maybe some highlights will make you feel better;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just feel like this guy isn't even a guarantee to be full time on the roster, or that he will be on the 4th line which would be okay if he was like one of those Matt Martin types but still this is just severely underwhelming.

He was a regular on a team that won a Stanley Cup. Like Goodrow, why is that that some think they know better than the coaches who are winning cups?

He was a regular on a team that won a Stanley Cup. Like Goodrow, why is that that some think they know better than the coaches who are winning cups?

It's not that, I just think this team is pretty deep at LW, Goodrow isn't guaranteed to work at C and then we'd want him at LW, there's also Barron another C/LW. I guess anyone could be moved to RW but we're deep there too. I'm not saying he's not worthy of playing regularly we're just so deep on the wings.

Also, wasn't this guy a BSBH regular a long time ago? I agree with this tweet though.

It's not that, I just think this team is pretty deep at LW, Goodrow isn't guaranteed to work at C and then we'd want him at LW, there's also Barron another C/LW. I guess anyone could be moved to RW but we're deep there too. I'm not saying he's not worthy of playing regularly we're just so deep on the wings.

Also, wasn't this guy a BSBH regular a long time ago? I agree with this tweet though.

https://twitter.com/TomUrtzJr/status/1418664866588545024

He'll absolutely be a regular. Maybe not on the third line, but definitely the fourth.

And yep. Tom was CreaseCrusader91.

He'll absolutely be a regular. Maybe not on the third line, but definitely the fourth.

And yep. Tom was CreaseCrusader91.

I can't seem to get the formatting right for the tweet but yeah I remember him! I hope he will, it just baffles me that we gave up Buch to get him and a 2nd for next year.

I can't seem to get the formatting right for the tweet but yeah I remember him! I hope he will, it just baffles me that we gave up Buch to get him and a 2nd for next year.

I'm really banking on it being a part of something bigger. I'm also withholding full judgment until we see what Buchnevich gets from St. Louis. If it's something like $6.5M+ then the Rangers had to get away.

I think people also forget that this guy was on the first line in the playoffs when St Louis won the cup.
He was a very noticable important part of their physical style that everyone wanrs to emulate now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What did he bring to the 1st line?
A Cup.
Maybe ask Berube... The guy who brought a team back from the absolute bottom of the league into a playoff team in 6 months... And then put this guy on the top line and won the cup...

I can't believe this even needs to be litigated.. now I've seen everything.