• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tony DeAngelo Moves On

Phil

24 minutes ago, josh said:

Did he look OK otherwise? He hasn't played in awhile. 

Looking at it for the canes point of view he looked like just what they needed, 1mil for a PP QB, limiting his minutes in defensive situations, to replace Hamilton who they didnt have cap space for this season and after this season they free up a lot of salary cap to further establish themselves as the best team in the division. 

• Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Fox not the only Dman with a 3 point night.

Goal, 2 assists, Gordie Howe Hat trick.  8 points in 7 games, tied with Fox who has played 8 games.  Trouba has 2 points for comparison.  

Trouba isn't really known for his offense though.

37 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

Trouba isn't really known for his offense though.

Trouba is ridiculously overpaid. But while he has often been a whipping boy here, he's play has been  mostly very solid so far this year. Would be great if he added a more offensive component to his game as he did at times in Winnipeg. But keep in mind he is not gonna get minutes with the top line nor on the PP with Fox here. 

Edited by Bugg

The rest of the defense has a combined 6 points in 8 games.

I would love to have two deadly pp units, and ADA was a huge part of the pps success a few years ago, but the ship has sailed. They're all dead to me after they leave. Except certain swedes. 

2 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Can we move this thread? It's no longer Rangers related. 

Rangers buying out a rangers player is rangers related.

there is additional discussion about Ada on the Canes in the around the NHL thread 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Keirik said:

It’s a nice reclamation project and going smoothly so far. Crowd was chanting his name after he was named 1st star. Bunch of jerks gets the ultimate one.Chas a good chance to lift a cup this year too on that team. 

Give it time. Tony is his own worst enemy no one here in NY hated the guy either. 

with that said i hope he’s grown up. Would be such a waste of talent otherwise. 

• Cheers 2
  • Applause 1

Just now, siddious said:

Give it time. Tony is his own worst enemy no one here in NY hated the guy either. 

with that said i hope he’s grown up. Would be such a waste of talent otherwise. 

Yeah obviously this is beyond his last chance. It’s a pretty good fit there so far but he looks focused (as of now) on just letting  his play do the talking. 

• Shane Falco changed the title to Tony DeAngelo Moves On
35 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Still following around an ADA fan on Twitter? Sweet. Tony moves on. Pete doesn’t. 

Yea I'm not sure you know how Twitter works, but you can see tweets from people you don't follow. 😉

ADA moved on...still tweeting about the Rangers tho...🤔

Meanwhile Keith out here like

Screenshot-20211030-155227-Whats-App.jpg

• LOL 5

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Damn, that Hawks player straight up stormed Tony's brain Capitol! 🤣

Tony's chin getting rocked while he goes for a nut punch is so on brand for him. 

I can see him claiming grievance for getting cracked, all the while fighting dirty. 

Edited by Pete