• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tony DeAngelo Moves On

Phil

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yea I'm not sure you know how Twitter works, but you can see tweets from people you don't follow. 😉

ADA moved on...still tweeting about the Rangers tho...🤔

Meanwhile Keith out here like

Screenshot-20211030-155227-Whats-App.jpg

I'm actually glad he's not on the Rangers. We've moved on. Doesn't mean I can't pay attention to our former lightning rods hockey season. I do for a lot of guys. Regardless, no I don't t sit on Twitter following him. I also don't look up guys posting about him on Twitter. I also don't follow the Hurricanes Twitter. I'm simply posting about his hockey season here in a thread about the man. Why are you here again?

Yourre acting like that jaded ex that says they can't stand someone as they check in on their social media every other day. But hey, whatever gets us through the day.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I'm actually glad he's not on the Rangers. We've moved on. Doesn't mean I can't pay attention to our former lightning rods hockey season. I do for a lot of guys. Regardless, no I don't t sit on Twitter following him. I also don't look up guys posting about him on Twitter. I also don't follow the Hurricanes Twitter. I'm simply posting about his hockey season here in a thread about the man. Why are you here again?

Yourre acting like that jaded ex that says they can't stand someone as they check in on their social media every other day. But hey, whatever gets us through the day.

U Mad Reaction GIF

• LOL 2

20 minutes ago, josh said:

You guys need to get along... like Strome and Deangelo used to. 

I’m sure they will again soon when Strome gets walked away from next year in favor of the future in Chytil and his 8/16 production

Ice Hockey Love GIF by NHL

Edited by Keirik

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, The Dude said:

I mean.. PPG. 

The Rangers waived him.. 

Asset management problem? Nooooooo.

Except he isn't getting PP1 time here over Fox, he doesn't kill penalties, and Carolina shelters him more than we shelter Lundkvist. 

Is is good assest management to pay a 3rd pair D that can't defend $4.8 million per year to play 15 minutes a night with 70% oz starts?

Edited by Long live the King
  • Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

It's a lot better than playing him 800k to play, and excel, for your rival, yes, like holy fuck lololol

He defends as well, or better, than either Lundqvist, or Tinordi, and you're paying Patrick Nemeth to take his place and be bad.

Here's the kicker, you have the cap space this year anyways, and you didn't do anything with it.

But, keep trying, by all means.

Edited by Dunny
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 2

It is what it is. Tony, for now. Is getting the last laugh. The backup he fought with has a career in pieces, the coach that benched him is home flipping burgers, and the gm that gave him the unrealistic ultimatum was fired as well, and Tony is thriving on a cup contending team. 

Meanwhile, every day of this year for us so far has been an absolute blast. I’m happy it’s worked out for us and for him. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Last laugh?  The Rangers a 12-4-3.  No one gives a fuck about what Tony is doing.  If Tony is laughing he hasn't learned from his past.

It also has nothing to do with Geo.  Cumulative issues...

Collider Video I Give Up GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

yoo wen GIF 
Yeah, I think he does have the last laugh. His career is back on track. He’s on a cup contending team. He’s one of the top offensive d in the league right now and he’s doing just fine while everyone associated with his “cumulative issues” is either out of the nhl or embarrassing himself on the ice and about to be. Meanwhile we moved on and are doing just fine.  I don’t want him back but I can see a career resurrection when I see it. 

If no one gives a fuck about what  ADA is doing then why are you here? Clearly some care. Why does it matter so much to you that some of us still watch a former player or discuss him? Again, why are you here? No one asked you to bother. You’re taking it upon yourself. 

• LOL 2
  • Applause 2

35 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Bro, he's on my fantasy team too.  Doesn't mean that the Rangers made a bad move or should have regrets which is what The Dude, who I was responding to, implies every time he posts.

I mean you quoted my words with the "he's having the last laugh" and I think he is. It's a young season so plenty of time and new chapters to written but so far he's doing very well. I'm happy to see it. Him and Quinn obviously didn't see eye to eye, probably a bit of the same with Gorton as well, and I think it's evident him and Geo weren't going out for dinner any time soon. Of those 4, the most "successful" right now is ADA. It's fine. Easier to swallow with our success and glad the circus part is over but to me ADA wasn't the only clown in the room. He was just the biggest. 

I think it's been a good ending for all. He's successful. We are successful.  Sun still comes out each day.  I'm not afraid to admit im following what he's doing out there right now. It's hockey.  So what if someone thinks it was a mistake to get rid of him? 

• Keeps it 100 1

20 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Except he isn't getting PP1 time here over Fox, he doesn't kill penalties, and Carolina shelters him more than we shelter Lundkvist. 

Is is good assest management to pay a 3rd pair D that can't defend $4.8 million per year to play 15 minutes a night with 70% oz starts?

I mean.. Nemeth.... Guy can't do anything but maybe block shots.  I'd rather have the point per game player in that spot. Atleast he'd be contributing something.  

As for PP1 time.  Who's playing the other point on the current PP1? DeAngelo could be there instead and it would instantly make the PP better (not that it's been bad, thanks Kreider).

Edited by The Dude

11 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Bro, he's on my fantasy team too.  Doesn't mean that the Rangers made a bad move or should have regrets which is what The Dude, who I was responding to, implies every time he posts.

Point per fucking game.

3rd pairing? Sheltered? What ever. If the guy gets 70 points at seasons end, it doesn't matter? Because you have a sore spot for the guy? Bullshit.

Absolutely should regret the guy not being here. The way that whole shit went down was shady as fuck. 

It was poor asset management.  They continue with the same mentality with "problem" players. Just stupid and power hungry/ego nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

He gets 70 points because he gets sheltered ES minutes, an insane OZs differential, and number one PP time he wouldn't get here. He'd probably be a 40-point defender, though.

In hockey, we call this putting a player in a spot to be successful and play to his strengths.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I mean.. Nemeth.... Guy can't do anything but maybe block shots.  I'd rather have the point per game player in that spot. Atleast he'd be contributing something.  

As for PP1 time.  Who's playing the other point on the current PP1? DeAngelo could be there instead and it would instantly make the PP better (not that it's been bad, thanks Kreider).

Nemeth starts 67% of his shifts in the dz and plays over 2 minutes of pk per game.  Hajek would be better in that role than ADA.