• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets Thread

Patrick Bateman

Alonzo plunked in the head tonight. Don’t think it was intentional when seeing the pitcher’s reaction during the first replay angle. And now Marte hit. WTF? But help me understand…

Why doesn’t the pitcher acknowledge the mistake with a tip of the cap or wave of the glove? Something to say, “I fucked up?”

Instead you get these machismo stare contests. Dumb. I get the chess match duel between pitcher-hitter but some pitches just get away, no? I don’t get this part of baseball. 

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank

Is this team going places or what?

Having a legit manager like Buc is making a huge difference. It's mostly mental. They needed a guy like this for years. Gotta have respect for the manager from the players before the team can take that needed step forward. 

Love Buc. 

Showalter is great and is still one of my favorite managers. I was one of those who hated letting him go and hiring Joe Torre. lol I'm glad he's back in baseball and he's absolutely a huge reason why the Mets are where they are. Also bringing in a guy like Scherzer was huge too. Obviously a great pitcher, but very much a leader and an intense persona. Even someone like a Mark Canha adds some more talent and a bit of grit too. The team is just really gritty and very easy to root for, on top of being very talented too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"We don't need to make any trades, our biggest move is activating a dominant pitcher who constantly gets fucked over by our shitty bullpen. He RETURNS TONIGHT!!!"

Degrom has solid return outing. Bullpen shits the bed. Rinse repeat. Stupid asshole Mets.

When can they get rid of Alderson? Because this reeks of his shitty baseball mind and way of thinking. 

You had to get Robertson.  You let a division rival fighting for the wild card get him. 

You're barely fending off Atlanta.   But gotta be complacent  

Edited by The Dude

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 3:09 PM, siddious said:

Random question but… Anyone know how early gates open for games? My company is doing an event at Citi for the game and I’ve gotten 3 different answers for how early I can show up. 

I want to say 2 hours before. I could be wrong because I haven’t gone in that early since I was a kid. But I believe it’s 2 hours before that the gates open. Atleast at the Jackie Robinson Rotunda.

• Thanks 1

Just took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. Still up 3 in the division. 84-48. On pace for 103 wins. Have the easiest schedule left in baseball, with the only tough opponent left being a series with the Braves at the very end of the season. Obviously need to take care of business and beat the bottom feeders, but the Mets have set themselves up quite nicely here.

28 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I want to say 2 hours before. I could be wrong because I haven’t gone in that early since I was a kid. But I believe it’s 2 hours before that the gates open. Atleast at the Jackie Robinson Rotunda.

thanks I showed up an hour and a half and there were already plenty of people inside so I think it’s probably 2 hrs. 

took me an hour to get out of the parking lot after the game too so that was fun

Yeah, it’s a nightmare when they sell out getting out of the parking lot. I mean I live right over there so I know the back roads to take and whatnot so it’s a tiny bit easier, but still. What really hurts them is the fact that there is no McFaddens. A lot of people would go in there and wait the traffic out, grab a bite or a quick drink and kill time. Now that there is no McFaddens, forget it. The train rush is horrible and the parking lot is a disaster. I’m not advocating drinking and driving here, but having a spot where a lot of people can go and kill time after the games was clutch. It made the initial rush of traffic not too too bad. There’s no where to go after games there except for the small brewery they opened up. No bars, restaurants, etc. So everyone is just looking to head home all at once.

26 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yeah, it’s a nightmare when they sell out getting out of the parking lot. I mean I live right over there so I know the back roads to take and whatnot so it’s a tiny bit easier, but still. What really hurts them is the fact that there is no McFaddens. A lot of people would go in there and wait the traffic out, grab a bite or a quick drink and kill time. Now that there is no McFaddens, forget it. The train rush is horrible and the parking lot is a disaster. I’m not advocating drinking and driving here, but having a spot where a lot of people can go and kill time after the games was clutch. It made the initial rush of traffic not too too bad. There’s no where to go after games there except for the small brewery they opened up. No bars, restaurants, etc. So everyone is just looking to head home all at once.

There were ppl with grills and coolers just hanging out waiting for it to die down and that was def the smart thing to do. Didn’t help that the us open was on too

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, Vodka Drunkenski said:

The Mets September choke job is well underway.  This team is so overrated

90 wins. Braves have been on fire since the allstar break. Braves (2-4 in their last 6) now play the Phillies (who are on a hot streak themselves) 7x in the next 2 weeks. Mets clearly have deficiencies but lets not go overboard.  If the Mets go into October with a 100 wins you can't ask for more as a fan.  

Edited by Parsley

• 3 weeks later...