• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets Thread

Patrick Bateman

Looks like Javy Baez is headed to Detroit on a 6-year deal, according to various reports on Twitter.

Really would have liked resigning him. Gave up on a good prospect to get him, so assumed the logical thing would be to resign, especially considering he played (for the most part) well here, after the whole thumbs down shit.

Oh well. Good for him, gets the chance to go back to SS and probably will make good money. I wish him nothing but the best.

In addition to a few more arms, I would still love to see them add Kris Bryant. Really good bat, can play almost anywhere on the field, continues to add depth.

He probably wants Showalter because he's the type of guy who wouldnt take the ball from him when he's got 2 outs in the 6th with 83 pitches and has only given up one run.

He blamed his dead arm on Roberts not letting him pitch deep in games and said he needs to be throwing 100 pitches every 5 days to keep everything running properly so I can see him wanting to avoid them hiring someone who's quick on the trigger with the bullpen

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He probably wants Showalter because he's the type of guy who wouldnt take the ball from him when he's got 2 outs in the 6th with 83 pitches and has only given up one run.

He blamed his dead arm on Roberts not letting him pitch deep in games and said he needs to be throwing 100 pitches every 5 days to keep everything running properly so I can see him wanting to avoid them hiring someone who's quick on the trigger with the bullpen

I don't really follow baseball but I was listening to a different podcast when they mentioned that these calls aren't even made by the manager anymore. They have the guys with the charts and the graphs calling down to the dugout and telling the manager when the pitcher is done.

Every time I want to watch baseball, this is what stops me from doing it. It's completely over processed.

• VINNY! 1

Depends on the FO. I don't think a guy like Anthopolous does that, but it's generally true.

Most Managers are just the face of the FO, now. Montoya in Toronto is a great example. He doesn't make any decisions. He's not very smart, that's a good thing, he just executes his instructions. What he is, is a likable guy, very humble, very pleasant, speaks Spanish, and is able to keep the players happy. That's his job.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen "Once Upon a Time in Queens" on ESPN+?

Great show. Brings back a lot of good (and bad) memories. If Doc didn't get so coke addicted....

And Dykstra is one piece of work even today... "I walked into the open tryouts and said "I'm fucking Lenny Dykstra and I'm better than any motherfucker in this fucking room!""

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...