• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets Thread

Patrick Bateman

• After contract offers with both the Giants and Mets failed to be finalized, shortstop Carlos Correa agreed to terms with a third team this offseason… the Minnesota Twins!

• Correa played for the Twins last year and reportedly agreed to the lowest offer yet, pending a physical examination, which is where everything went wrong for him with both the Giants and Mets

•  

https://sports.yahoo.com/third-times-a-charm-for-carlos-correa-who-agrees-to-deal-with-twins-or-is-it-i-the-rush-052403051.html

• 1 month later...

And this is why I’m so against the WBC and tournaments like it. Even the Olympics. These are athletes that demand and get big money contracts. Especially in MLB, where there is no limit for teams on spending. Edwin Diaz is a superstar closer who just signed a $100+ Million dollar contract. And then this happens? It’s a joke.

I’m reading on Twitter about how we shouldn’t be mad because it’s a freak thing, how it could happen anywhere. What happens if he tripped out of the shower and this happened? Enough. I don’t give a shit. I don’t care about if’s here. If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle. The reality is he got hurt accidentally in a stupid tournament. And who feels the ramifications? The team paying him and the fans supporting them.

I’m not mad at him. I’m mad at this stupid tournament. Absolutely ridiculous.

There is no replacing him. He’s the best at what he does. This is just a terrible gut punch for the Mets. Have to cross every finger you have but I’m not too optimistic just based off the players reactions.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Player's Union would never turn it down. A lot of these guys have tremendous pride in representing your country. I'm with you on the whole tournament. I never liked it to begin with, and I'm not so sure Spring is really the best time to have it either.

Exactly. Scherzer even said it the other day. For pitchers, the spring is about ramping up the arm to get it ready for a grind. He said he’d never be able to pitch in a playoff-like environment in mid-March.

The whole thing is just so dumb.

• 1 month later...

@Sharpshooter - We sat through a very cold loss. Three errors made, no hitting, and field play reminiscent of little league. Ooooof! Still, I enjoyed a night out with my son. Food was so-so and we thought, much better at MSG. Drink prices? Silly. We had access to one of the clubs and that bar was packed. We had 1 bottle of beer and a double-shot bourbon drink = $40.30.  Not each. That was a round for both of us. I normally don't react to stadium pricing but this was dopey. If they won? I wouldn't care.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 10:14 AM, 4EverRangerFrank said:

@Sharpshooter - We sat through a very cold loss. Three errors made, no hitting, and field play reminiscent of little league. Ooooof! Still, I enjoyed a night out with my son. Food was so-so and we thought, much better at MSG. Drink prices? Silly. We had access to one of the clubs and that bar was packed. We had 1 bottle of beer and a double-shot bourbon drink = $40.30.  Not each. That was a round for both of us. I normally don't react to stadium pricing but this was dopey. If they won? I wouldn't care.

They reopened K Korner (the old McFaddens) this year. Which is good, because you need a place to go after games there. Leaving the stadium last year was a mess. Personally, I liked McFaddens because it was a good spot to hangout before games and then after games for a few hours until traffic dies down, and then they would reopen the streets and make it easier to grab an Uber or whatever to get you out of the area.

Back when it was McFaddens, it was $7.50 for a 12oz bottle of beer, which is what it is probably at most city bars. Cool. Is what it is. 

But now? They’re charging stadium pricing. Which is fine, in the stadium, where you’re getting a 25oz can for $14.50. But in the bar? It’s $14 for a 12oz bottle, which is ABSURD.

I went earlier in the year. And as convenient as it may be, I will not be back until whoever came up with this pricing either fixes it or gets a mental evaluation. Stadium prices for a stadiums product is fine. I long ago learned to accept spending $14 for a tall boy in stadiums and arenas. It’s basically $7 per 12oz. Whatever. But to spend $14 for a fucking 12oz? Wake up!

Oh. And also, this team fucking SUCKS!

Their offense is awful. Their pitching is brutal. Their defense has stunk.

Billy Eppler is a fucking loser. Worst GM I have ever seen. The most expensive team in baseball and the roster is just horrible. The lineup was an issue down the stretch last year. And NOTHING was done to fix it. Just…I have no words. I really don't. Totally unwatchable at this point. I hope it changes.

Edited by RichieNextel305

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting bad. The pitching is ridiculously bad. All of it (except Robertson and  Senga) Why did they give up on Bassit and Walker thinking another 40 year old starter was a good idea? 

Buck is awesome,  but I'm guessing he's going to have to pay the price for this shitshow.  I really don't want to fire him, but I guess if you're going to do it and want to fill the job immediately with another name, Girardi is out there.