• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets Thread

Patrick Bateman

It's over Johnny. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/max-scherzer-rangers-mets-trade

Feel sorry for Buck. This team stinks. The pitching is atrocious. All of it. Though I doubt he's the reason behind how bad they are,Hefner should be fired. 

I have zero confidence in Eppler.  I think Cohen keeps him because he thinks he can somehow get Ohtani to sign as a FA. He's done nothing good since landing a dream job. 

• TroCheckmark 1

Just brutal to watch this team this season struggle below .500.  Now without their top 2 starters, closer, outfielder.  Prospects take time to develop so even if some pan out eventually, this year felt differently positive in preseason before the dud this season has been.  Ugh.

Nightmare season for the Mets but I think they did alright for themselves here. They restocked their barren farm a bit and freed up a ton of money for the offseason. Maybe trading Alonso at some point isn't out of the realm of possibility? I think they're bringing in Stearns of Milwaukee at some point to help the farm even further. The Lindor and Nimmo contracts aren't great, though.