• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Mets Thread

Patrick Bateman

Bases loaded, no out in game 2, 6th inning. Three strikeouts. Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Woof! That sucked moose balls. For all the excitement generated at the end of the first game this one was like a wet fart in a warm crowded train car on a damp day. With no AC and the windows closed.

Woof! That sucked moose balls. For all the excitement generated at the end of the first game this one was like a wet fart in a warm crowded train car on a damp day. With no AC and the windows closed.

Lol. I hate double headers. Seems like they never win both.

Even though this is the second season with the rule, I have to keep reminding myself that the double header games are seven innings. It's just so weird.

I've gotten used to the 7 inning double headers and I for one like. The way the game is played we don't need 4 extra four innings for 12 more strikeouts. I also, like the runner on second, again, strikeouts and non-hit balls in play.

Is there any sort of health update on DeGrom? I really hope he doesn't need Tommy John surgery, that would be devastating. Given the state of the division, I still think the Mets can win it unless they play like absolutely garbage the rest of the way. Certainly that's possible, but I think they have enough if DeGrom is fine to take the NL East. Philadelphia and Atlanta have just kind of spinning their wheels and don't have enough pitching.

I feel pretty bad for what they've done with Eickoff, would be surprised to ever see him in the majors again

In other news I saw DeGrom on Monday when I was walking to the grocery store in Long Island City with his wife and kid. Pretty cool

That is pretty cool.

Eickhoff is just not good enough to be in the majors. He just isn’t. I feel somewhat bad for him because they kind of threw him to the wolves the other night. But guys like that need to make the most of the opportunities handed to them. He hasn’t, and I really doubt he ever sees another MLB start.

Tomorrow is the deadline. I fully expect to hear a lot of rumors between now and 4pm EST tomorrow. If I was a betting man, I’m gonna say we wind up landing Kris Bryant from Chicago. The Mets have been after this guy for months, and with the offense showing it needs some help, I think that’s where we go for it. I do believe they’ll add a pitcher too; where they go for that is anyone’s guess. I can see them trying to add a pitcher from the Cubs, I can see Jon Gray from Colorado. There’s options. None are Max Scherzer, but we just need someone dependable to rely on for innings.

Just as I write that, I see the Cubs have both Bryant and Anthony Rizzo out of the lineup today. Obviously, Twitter is abuzz with that news. And though the organization can try pushing the whole “it was a scheduled off day” mantra to the fans, people are not stupid. Day before the deadline? Team out of contention? Lots of big guys who are due to be free agents who everyone expects to trade? You’re protecting your property; just call it as it is.

We shall see.

I meant to say this about a week ago, but it was really cool having Gary Thorne fill in for Cohen while he was on vacation. I know he had been doing baseball for years with Baltimore, but it was cool to see him doing Mets games. It was kind of him coming back full circle, where it all started. My Dad remembers when he first started announcing for them. I guess they didn't want him doing both baseball and hockey, so they let him go. He's much more tolerable than Cohen, I wish he'd replace him entirely. But, if he's going to be the consistent substitute guy, that's better than nothing.