• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trading Panarin?

About 15 seconds or so before the bad Fox pass, Fox passed up a golden opportunity to shoot to force a pass down low.   Fox needs to let it fly every now and again when the opportunity is there.   When teams don't take away his passing the power play works.  When they take his passes away the power play sucks ass. 

Can't we package Panarin & Lafraniere to a team that's loaded with 2 great centers?  Please for the love of God.

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Would you do a Huberdeau 1 for 1 in hopes he can turn it around?

Fuck no. Maybe if they had the same time left, but you don't fix an expensive, doesn't perform in the playoffs problem by adding eight more years of it.

• LOL 1

Panarin is fine....the guy is a 90+ point scorer and would most likely be a lot better if we had something other than a fucking Pom-Pom girl behind the bench.

No matter whether we win this series or get flushed down the fucking toilet, we need a guy like Sully, or Quenneville behind the bench.  We need a real coach with a real system and a guy that will make this fucker a better player.

I like Panarin a lot, and I see what he brings, but I think he's one of those guys you have to beat it out of with repetition.  Gallant is not that guy, and neither was Quinn.

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I like Panarin a lot, and I see what he brings, but I think he's one of those guys you have to beat it out of with repetition.  Gallant is not that guy, and neither was Quinn.

Honestly I think it's the opposite. Panarin has played his best hockey under these two coaches. He's not going to improve as a 30+ year old by having a strict coach scream at him and telling him to do things he's not good at.

Panarin is who he is at this point. It's not Gallant's fault the dude is 170lbs and hides away when the games get tougher.

23 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Honestly I think it's the opposite. Panarin has played his best hockey under these two coaches. He's not going to improve as a 30+ year old by having a strict coach scream at him and telling him to do things he's not good at.

Panarin is who he is at this point. It's not Gallant's fault the dude is 170lbs and hides away when the games get tougher.

Agreed. Guys like this don't just magically get better. Odds are he's just not a very good playoff performer. We just have to accept it. The problem isn't that he doesn't perform, it's that no one else does, either. That is a coaching problem that probably can be fixed with a stricter coach who actually understands tactics.

I don't buy that this exact same roster performs (and fails to respond/adjust) the way it has if you had Quenneville coaching instead of Gallant. One guy is a genuine tactician. The other is a glorified cheerleader.

He probably won't improve as a player as he gets older, I'm with you guys there.  I sometimes feel like he's painting "freestyle" out there, with no limits on where the line is.  In a series like this, I think it's a "keep it simple" kind of approach. 

He's out there trying to be Makarov, and he's not.  He can be very valuable to this team, for a few more years as well.  I justt think a player like him needs a little more reeling in from time to time.

I also think Quenneville would have a field day with this team.  ...But I'm always going to think that about JQ!  😉

Right now the Rangers have a bunch of vets standing around waiting for somebody else to take the lead.  Panarin is no better or worse at this than anybody else.

I'm going to go for a sacred cow here and say that for 3 games we've gotten nothing out of Zibanejad.  We've gotten very little out of Kreider.  Fox has been invisible except when he's been bad.

The team is being let down by it's established veteran players of whom Panarin is just one of several.

BTW, this is exactly why veteran player's coaches get fired.  Too a T.

Edited by Br4d

On 4/28/2023 at 10:27 AM, Phil said:

Agreed. Guys like this don't just magically get better. Odds are he's just not a very good playoff performer. We just have to accept it. The problem isn't that he doesn't perform, it's that no one else does, either. That is a coaching problem that probably can be fixed with a stricter coach who actually understands tactics.

I don't buy that this exact same roster performs (and fails to respond/adjust) the way it has if you had Quenneville coaching instead of Gallant. One guy is a genuine tactician. The other is a glorified cheerleader.

Panarin Playoffs under coaches with structure: total of 26 points in 27 games.

So, no, it's not that he's not a good playoff performer. I wouldn't change this roster at all until the change the coach. JFC, look at how much better Cole Caufield was under MSL, almost instantly.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

52 minutes ago, Pete said:

So, no, it's not that he's not a good playoff performer. I wouldn't change this roster at all until the change the coach. JFC, look at how much better Cole Caufield was under MSL, almost instantly.

I didn’t watch enough Panarin in the playoffs prior to the Rangers, but points aren’t a complete enough picture. He had 16 in 20 last year with Gallant, which is in spitting distance of 26 in 27 pace, and he was universally bashed for his performance.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I didn’t watch enough Panarin in the playoffs prior to the Rangers, but points aren’t a complete enough picture. He had 16 in 20 last year with Gallant, which is in spitting distance of 26 in 27 pace, and he was universally bashed for his performance.

Okay, you didn't watch enough of him... That doesn't change the point.

He was on the Columbus team that swept the Lightning in four games and he had five points (1 in every game), if that sample size is any indication.

He was bashed universally by a specific subset of Ranger fans. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

You find a way to blame Gallant for everything lol

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

Okay, you didn't watch enough of him... That doesn't change the point.

He was on the Columbus team that swept the Lightning in four games and he had five points (1 in every game), if that sample size is any indication.

He was bashed universally by a specific subset of Ranger fans. 

I doubt anyone here watched him enough or through the same attentive lens they do now.

Points don’t prove anything or last year’s production, judging by points alone, would have been an acceptable performance.

47 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

At 11.6m , yes, panarins a problem.

But not as big a problem as gallant.

And theres a decent chance a different coach could have him back into being a net positive.

No, Panarin is a gigantic problem compared to Gallant. Gallant is easily remedied. Bye bye. Oanarin? Not so much.