• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Draft Day Deals — Let's Hear 'Em

jsm7302

Well the point is they were holding out. Not for long, but still. It happens.

Right. There also has to be the understanding that holdouts aren't just on players but agents. An agent is going to his damndest to get a player as close to market value as possible. The negotiations for one representative can ultimately affect another if they're comparable players. Why would you tank the market by selling low? You don't. It just doesn't happen. That's why we're seeing increasing RFA payouts. Players take bridges, but even those are typically in the range of millions of dollars. Not chump change.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks: "But unless the Blueshirts are overwhelmed by a trade offer that objectively makes no sense on the other side ? specifically, such as the Senators offering 20-year-old center Brady Tkachuk and the third-overall pick in exchange for the Quebecer who was born and raised approximately 100 miles from Ottawa...."

Tkachuk and 3rd overall for Laffreniere would be overwhelming?

Brooks: "But unless the Blueshirts are overwhelmed by a trade offer that objectively makes no sense on the other side — specifically, such as the Senators offering 20-year-old center Brady Tkachuk and the third-overall pick in exchange for the Quebecer who was born and raised approximately 100 miles from Ottawa...."

Tkachuk and 3rd overall for Laffreniere would be overwhelming?

No. Even if you add their #5 pick, it still isn't overwhelming, but that would certainly start to approach it.

Here's overwhelming: Tkachuk, #3, #5, 2021 unprotected 1st

Zero chance from Ottawa's side, which is why it won't happen.

Tkachuk and 3rd OA which would yield a center in Byfield or Rossi. Im talking and yea, id do it.

We will fill a hole at center, upgrade on the wing and address our toughness issues. That trade puts us right in the mix moving forward. Some D seasoning over the next season or 2 and voila, we are right back near the top of the heap. (Finger and toes crossed)

Tkachuk is a lw. It doesn't help us position wise. Byfield might not be there at 3.

Lafreniere >>>>>> Tkachuk. It wound be easier to get an agitator and a center elsewhere than it would be to make a disaster trade like this. Nevermind that Tkachuk goes into this last year of elc next season. Will not happen.

Tkachuk is a lw. It doesn't help us position wise. Byfield might not be there at 3.

Lafreniere >>>>>> Tkachuk. It wound be easier to get an agitator and a center elsewhere than it would be to make a disaster trade like this. Nevermind that Tkachuk goes into this last year of elc next season. Will not happen.

I think I like Stutzle more than Byfield to be honest, but I'd be fine at 3 either way. I'm good at #1 too if Ottawa doesn't want to pay the piper.

I have to think Ottawa and LAK are about the only teams capable, or most likely even though not likely, of putting together an offer that the Rangers simply couldn't turn down.

You just can't convince me to trade the first overall. It seems like a fantastical idea to me. Lafreniere is definitively the best player in the draft. The Rangers have never had a player of his calibre at his age. It makes no sense to me to say no to that because you don't have a quality second line center. The Rangers have a litany of other assets they can use. Draft the elite talent and call it a day.

Rangers fans: we never get a chance to pick a generational player!

Also Rangers fans with the chance to pick in generational player: we should trade the pick!

And let's trade it for a guy who paced 50 points 2 years in a row and some pics who will never be as good as the number one pick!

Sounds like solid logic there.

You just can't convince me to trade the first overall. It seems like a fantastical idea to me. Lafreniere is definitively the best player in the draft. The Rangers have never had a player of his calibre at his age. It makes no sense to me to say no to that because you don't have a quality second line center. The Rangers have a litany of other assets they can use. Draft the elite talent and call it a day.
Agreed. Why make it difficult? ELC winger depth is not bad, especially if its 60+ points worth according to some projections.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Also Rangers fans with the chance to pick in generational player: we should trade the pick!

And let's trade it for a guy who paced 50 points 2 years in a row and some pics who will never be as good as the number one pick!

Yeah, get all the forwards stars and win like the Leafs and Panthers.

Panarin/Zibanejad/Kakko/Lafreniere is sick bro. Just filthy. No need to fill out the other 14 spots.

Also, we know Lafreniere is totally like McDavid and Crosby, because Craig Button said so, or something.

Or is he one of those "Generational" guys where there's somehow 15 of them playing at once.

Panarin/Zibanejad/Kakko/Lafreniere is sick bro. Just filthy. No need to fill out the other 14 spots.

Also, we know Lafreniere is totally like McDavid and Crosby, because Craig Button said so, or something.

Or is he one of those "Generational" guys where there's somehow 15 of them playing at once.

Except for no here believes that Lafreniere is generational. Nor does he need to be.

Did I also miss the part where Lafreniere and Kakko are already earning $10M+? Or the fact that the Rangers have better defensive pieces than Toronto? Did Shesterkin, who you love so dearly, get lost in the Amazon? He's surely better than Andersen. Weren't you claiming he could steal games just this past March?

ALF is like 10 years younger than Panarin and Zib.

Also, we know Tkachuk ISN'T generational, and aren't the other pics you're suggesting trading for just bigger question marks than ALF?

You don't usually do this, but this post here is literally arguing just argue. I don't even think that you really believe they should trade this pick.

Tkachuk paced 50 pts the first two years out of his draft, leading a garbage dump of a team in scoring.

Ottawa offers him along with the 3rd and 5th and take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Whatever label you use or whatever he truly is under those labels, be it Generational, Foundational, Elite, Franchise-changing, etc., the bottom line is that he is the best player in this draft class, by a good margin.

He’s one of the top-5 players in any and all draft classes over the last 10 years.

He’s been touted by consensus as that for 2-3 years approaching this draft, and deservedly so.

The hype isn’t hype with him. He’s the real deal. Maybe he’s not quite to Crosby/McDavid levels, but by all accounts he’s not far south of that. And you don’t need to see him play very much to see that. It’s beat you over the head obvious.

They’ve not had the opportunity to draft a player of this caliber basically ever.

They can’t pass that up.

Take LaFreniere. Make him your guy. Move forward.

• Like 2