• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#18) Rangers vs. Vancouver Canucks // Overachievers Unite!

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spooner is the real deal. My dark horse for player who will surprise everybody...

I'm surprised how infuckingvisable he's been.

I do think he should fit well with Chytil. He can go perimeter while Chytil brings the puck to the net drawing some attention, so he can flick it out to Spooner by the boards for the shot or a pass cross ice or point... I'm wondering if he needs to go back to center. He's been a disappointment for me. I really expected better.

Spooner is the real deal. My dark horse for a player who will surprise everybody...

I'm surprised how infuckingvisable he's been.

I do think he should fit well with Chytil. He can go perimeter while Chytil brings the puck to the net drawing some attention, so he can flick it out to Spooner by the boards for the shot or a pass cross-ice or point... I'm wondering if he needs to go back to center. He's been a disappointment for me. I really expected better.

I really also expected Spooner to be the player to surprise several people in the league but he has done nothing offensively so far. Also wondering if there are any options for trading him or if we're stuck with Spooner or we make changes to the line structures

He’s worth $2M at 50% of his contract. I can’t see why a fringe team wouldn’t take that hoping he’s just another Reilly Smith. Doubtful that he is but he’s a similar producer.

I'm not so sure about that. I think Dunny has this pegged right, especially given he has another fucking year left (thanks, Jeff).

I'm starting to understand exactly why he forewent UFA and opted for a guaranteed two-year payout. He's shit.

I'm not so sure about that. I think Dunny has this pegged right, especially given he has another fucking year left (thanks, Jeff).

I'm starting to understand exactly why he forewent UFA and opted for a guaranteed two-year payout. He's shit.

I also see it as Gorton trying to make sure he secured this asset he acquired in hopes of then flipping him. He looks like an even worse Erik Christensen out there, and I liked Christensen, but I think you can find a more East-West team that would be willing to make use of him or just a team in need of help on the wing. I'm sure Colorado could be convinced. They have absolute shit depth.

Archived