• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#18) Rangers vs. Vancouver Canucks // Overachievers Unite!

Drew a Penalty

Unsurprised.

If they keep winning they're in limbo.

Can't afford to buy.

Standing pat with a team we all know has no shot at a cup is foolish.

Selling means you're committed to long term success.

Fact is they're not really beating good teams and they're in a shitty division.

I don't really expect the team to be where they are now as the deadline approaches. But if they are, becoming all playoff giddy and not selling, possibly even acquiring someone*, will be a huge mistake imo. They need to stay the course, regardless of what this looks like in January.

*unless it's Panarin, in which case carry the fuck on.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quinn is doing a marvelous job. Plain and simple. He's got guys playing to their potential, in a few cases punching well above their weight.

Still feels like the team is riding a wave that isn't sustainable, but every result is inching towards a recalibration being necessary.

The biggest difference is the defensive game/structure.

Offensively, I think guys still need to step up and play to potential. other than Hayes (last few games) and Zibanejad, I haven’t been overly impressed with anyone. And even these two have been inconsistent / their Achilles heal

Take t back, Howden has exceeded expectations, both ends of the ice

Offensively, I think guys still need to step up and play to potential. other than Hayes (last few games) and Zibanejad, I haven’t been overly impressed with anyone. And even these two have been inconsistent / their Achilles heal

Zib, Kreider, Hayes are all scoring at a rate well above their usual clip.

Pionk, Howden and deAngelo are exceeding expectations. Chytil isn't scoring wise, but he contributes a lot on the ice.

Guys like Zuccarello, Fast etc are doing what's expected of them.

So I think it's fair to say that Quinn is getting a lot out of this roster at this moment in time.

That's my boy, Josh!!!

The kid's a gamer!!!

Pionk, Howden and deAngelo are exceeding expectations. Chytil isn't scoring wise, but he contributes a lot on the ice.

So I think it's fair to say that Quinn is getting a lot out of this roster at this moment in time.

I don’t disagree with any of this.

I still think there is room for improvement. We’ve expected Kreider to take the next start for years. Want Zibanejad to do the same, all season.

I think this would be a time for Zuccarello to take a big boy step, be an on ice leader, and show he can do it for a few more years, in NY. Same with Hayes.

That’s all I’m saying - guys still have room in the pants to grow

The defensive game/structure is a huge piece but the actual effort of the players has been excellent. It seems game by game players are dropping off in that effort they put in. It seems to have a domino effect and it's noticable. I have to give it up McLeod for seeing it and yelling at the bench to wake the fuck up. The bench responded after a couple of shifts. Quinn is going to have his hands full trying to keep the players going at a level they're not used to.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't watch every game, but what I've (not)seen from Kreider isn't impressive despit the point totals. He's invisible, most nights.

I don't watch every game, but what I've (not)seen from Kreider isn't impressive despit the point totals. He's invisible, most nights.

same for most of the lineup. Other than Hayes, the last few games.

I think a lot of things are forgotten/ignored when they win.

They'll show up for 10 minutes, go to OT and win, and suddenly the lackluster first and incredibly boring 2nd period are forgotten.

Kreider creates issues with his speed on the rush and with his size in front of net.

He has no hands, he can't do what Zib/Hayes and others can do at full speed. He has average vision as far as playmaking goes. He's not a dynamic offensive guy but what he does well he does really well.

Kreider creates issues with his speed on the rush and with his size in front of net.

He has no hands, he can't do what Zib/Hayes and others can do at full speed. He has average vision as far as playmaking goes. He's not a dynamic offensive guy but what he does well he does really well.

So he can't skate fast and stop in front of goalies? So can Matt Belesky....

same for most of the lineup. Other than Hayes, the last few games.

I think a lot of things are forgotten/ignored when they win.

They'll show up for 10 minutes, go to OT and win, and suddenly the lackluster first and incredibly boring 2nd period are forgotten.

Well I don't think what they're doing is sustainable for a number of reasons.

But for the time being Quinn is getting a lot out of this roster, more than his predecessor and a lot more than what literally every single expert/pundit/analyst expected him to before the season started.

And as I said, the guys we talked about needing to up their production have done. That's without mentioning effort, compete level and generally being a lot harder to beat. So I really think Quinn deserves credit for what he's been able to do so far.

Well I don't think what they're doing is sustainable for a number of reasons.

But for the time being Quinn is getting a lot out of this roster, more than his predecessor and a lot more than what literally every single expert/pundit/analyst expected him to before the season started.

And as I said, the guys we talked about needing to up their production have done. That's without mentioning effort, compete level and generally being a lot harder to beat. So I really think Quinn deserves credit for what he's been able to do so far.

Well what's not sustainable is winning in SO. But what is sustainable is the improved defensive structure and just general compete level. Last night wasn't really a great example, but this team generally competes harder than last year's version.

This team is also going to be better in February than it is now. Howden, Chytil, Lias, Pionk, ADA are all going to continue to improve and if Buch gets his head on straight, he's only scratched the surface of his potential.

Well what's not sustainable is winning in SO. But what is sustainable is the improved defensive structure and just general compete level. Last night wasn't really a great example, but this team generally competes harder than last year's version.

This team is also going to be better in February than it is now. Howden, Chytil, Lias, Pionk, ADA are all going to continue to improve and if Buch gets his head on straight, he's only scratched the surface of his potential.

Well that and the inability to put games to bed in regulation time. They're also riding their luck at times, and you have to think all these tight games they've turned in their favor without being dominant will even themselves out over the course of a season. Agree with the rest, but it's difficult to guess a)what happens at the deadline and b)what impact a potential fire sale will have.

I find it pleasantly surprising as to what Quinn has accomplished so far, fellas. Eventually we're going to hit that wall. It happens to the best of them, and I'm curious to see how they respond when the shit hits the fan, but I still don't think we're going to have to make plans for any playoff parties this year.

...at least another year I would think.

But damn, It's fun watching these guys this year...I didn't plan on that!

Archived