• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It's OK to be Disappointed with Lias Andersson For Now

Phil

Again, there is no reason to have hime play 4 minutes a night on the 4th line, he isn't going to gain any experience playing in that spot. Quit already said he isn't going to play top 9 players on the 4th line. He will get more minutes playing in Hartford. Once either Hayes or Zib are traded, he will be on the team. He wasn't sent down because he was bad. And Hayes on the wing hasn't worked yet everytime they tried it.

Again, if was the best rookie in camp, that means he's better than Chytil, so why is Lias in the A and Chytil with the big team? He wasn't sent down because he was bad...But he also wasn't kep here because he was awesome.

Oh, and that award is voted on by the media...Who's opinion matters as much as the guy who delivers my Amazon Prime.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But he wasn’t kept in ny because he was to good that they had to make room either. This can go on all day long. Nobody that covers this team is taking him not making the team as a positive. They are saying it’s a disappointment but far from a done deal regarding his future. You can spin it anyway you want but him not making the team is not a good thing.

Again, if was the best rookie in camp, that means he's better than Chytil, so why is Lias in the A and Chytil with the big team? He wasn't sent down because he was bad...But he also wasn't kep here because he was awesome.

Oh, and that award is voted on by the media...Who's opinion matters as much as the guy who delivers my Amazon Prime.

So are you saying your opinion holds more weight? I haven't seen or heard anyone but you say that he was invisible in preseason. Coaches praised him and his play. I can't tel you what made them choose one over the other, Im not in management. I honestly thought he played better than Chytil, but again, I wasn't in the room and at camp to say why. But I also don't think Lias is a bust because he didn't make a crowded center spot on the team.

But he wasn’t kept in ny because he was to good that they had to make room either. This can go on all day long. Nobody that covers this team is taking him not making the team as a positive. They are saying it’s a disappointment but far from a done deal regarding his future. You can spin it anyway you want but him not making the team is not a good thing.

Who is saying this?

So are you saying your opinion holds more weight?
Who said that? Where did I say that? Or even insinuate it? Wait, I didn't.

I haven't seen or heard anyone but you say that he was invisible in preseason.
Then you haven't read this thread, or others.

Coaches praised him and his play. I can't tel you what made them choose one over the other, Im not in management. I honestly thought he played better than Chytil, but again, I wasn't in the room and at camp to say why. But I also don't think Lias is a bust because he didn't make a crowded center spot on the team.
No one said bust. But it's surely disappointing that he didn't outplay anybody.

he could be effective on the 4th line, but thats not what they want to groom him for. Wait a bit, see if he can develop, if not, sure, 3rd line C

Are they expecting elite scoring from him? I fail to see how sticking him on the 4th line in a checking and PK role doesn't pretty much fit him exactly.

It's definitely an overreaction to say he's a complete bust. I hated the pick, but I feel he can contribute in a two way role. The role Hayes plays here. But that's how he tops out. 40 point center. Not sure what management needs to see from him. I hope they aren't thinking he's a top line center.

https://www.nhl.com/news/lias-andersson-named-winner-of-2018-lars-erik-sjoberg-award/c-300527356

Andersson was voted best rookie in camp, that should count for something.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yet Chytil made the team over him and Hajek pretty much blew the doors off everyone in preseason. Howden had a pretty bad pre season and he made the team over Andersson.. How's he get top rookie honors when he isn't on the roster and Hajek was mind blowingly good?

Andersson would get more icetime than the typical 4th liner. He could PK or maybe even be put on the PP.

Why do I feel like they drafted this kid to instantly replace Lindberg? To me their games look similar. I'm hoping Andersson tops out a bit higher.

Hopefully they can move Hayes quickly and open up a middle 6 role for the teams 7th overall pick...

Yet Chytil made the team over him and Hajek pretty much blew the doors off everyone in preseason. Howden had a pretty bad pre season and he made the team over Andersson.. How's he get top rookie honors when he isn't on the roster and Hajek was mind blowingly good?

Andersson would get more icetime than the typical 4th liner. He could PK or maybe even be put on the PP.

Why do I feel like they drafted this kid to instantly replace Lindberg? To me their games look similar. I'm hoping Andersson tops out a bit higher.

Hopefully they can move Hayes quickly and open up a middle 6 role for the teams 7th overall pick...

dude, how can you write him off so quickly? you've only seen him in like 3 pre-season games (last season's cup of coffee does not count).

Who said that? Where did I say that? Or even insinuate it? Wait, I didn't.

Then you haven't read this thread, or others.

No one said bust. But it's surely disappointing that he didn't outplay anybody.

You didn?t say it, but that?s how it comes across when you say that the beat writers opinion matters as much as the guy who delivers your Amazon. That?s what that implies. The o my people I see saying they are disappointed in him are fans. I haven?t read one legit media person say that he is a disappointment and more importantly I haven?t heard any of the coaching staff or top brass on the team say it, which is more important than salvation any of us, the media or fans have to say. Quinn said that he won?t play guys who are top 9 players on the 4th line, so that is why Lias isn?t playing there.

You didn?t say it, but that?s how it comes across when you say that the beat writers opinion matters as much as the guy who delivers your Amazon. That?s what that implies. The o my people I see saying they are disappointed in him are fans. I haven?t read one legit media person say that he is a disappointment and more importantly I haven?t heard any of the coaching staff or top brass on the team say it, which is more important than salvation any of us, the media or fans have to say. Quinn said that he won?t play guys who are top 9 players on the 4th line, so that is why Lias isn?t playing there.
No, that interpretation is on you.

The press opinion doesn't matter. Coaches do.

Archived