• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It's OK to be Disappointed with Lias Andersson For Now

Phil

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brooks wrote two articles about it and was purposely very nuanced, basically saying that it was to some degree disappointing that he did not make the team after a fast start but that it is too early to harbor serious doubts about him. I think that pretty much represents the consensus.

Also the pick before Andersson, a center, got sent back to junior...
What a bust...
Failing to mention that player is owned by the Knights, a team that's strong down the middle and just went to SCF.

Not exactly a comparable to a rebuilding team with 2 center spots up for grabs.

If you look at that draft it's a very mixed bag.

Makar (4) is still in college.

Glass (6) sent to juniors

Tippet (10) sent to juniors

Tolvanen and Suzuki, guys who have been mentioned as players that should've been taken before Andersson, didn't make their teams. There are loads of other examples as well. Of course there are examples of guys like Mittelstadt and Necas that points in the other direction. But it's definitely not black and white.

Hell, I just saw the Red Wings cut Zadina, and their offensive depth is brutal.

Tl;dr It's fine to be disappointed he didn't make the team, but it doesn't necessarily mean much at all. I think he'll be with the Rangers before long anyway.

Failing to mention that player is owned by the Knights, a team that's strong down the middle and just went to SCF.

Not exactly a comparable to a rebuilding team with 2 center spots up for grabs.

1 to be fair, as they didn't want him on the 4th line. It's obviously a lot harder to make the Knights line up.

I think you guys are putting the cart before the horse here. Understand the discussion but frankly at 19 noone knows what this kid can or cannot become.

Also i'd highly doubt any of the Rangers coaching staff would come out and blast a developing player, even if said player sucks root. Coach speak rarely allows it, especially on a first rounder.

I think you guys are putting the cart before the horse here. Understand the discussion but frankly at 19 noone knows what this kid can or cannot become.

Also i'd highly doubt any of the Rangers coaching staff would come out and blast a developing player, even if said player sucks root. Coach speak rarely allows it, especially on a first rounder.

Thats not true. May teams have come out saying player so and so had a disappointing camp or their play wasn't good enough to make the team. Its happened a lot actually.

Saw him in Hartford last night for Wolfpack opener against Providence Bruins. Played hard but looks like he's trying to force it a bit too much, think he'll find his groove though. He's wearing #28, why'd he lose #50? Ty Ronning was signing autographs, nice kid. Pack's defense looks damn good.

Saw him in Hartford last night for Wolfpack opener against Providence Bruins. Played hard but looks like he's trying to force it a bit too much, think he'll find his groove though. He's wearing #28, why'd he lose #50? Ty Ronning was signing autographs, nice kid. Pack's defense looks damn good.

Nice, thanks. How'd Hajek look?

Nice, thanks. How'd Hajek look?

Well, other than the unfortunate centering shot that bounced off him and past Mazanek for a goal he and the entire defense were very solid. Pack came out like their asses were on fire. Smoked the Bruins in the first for three goals Schneider and Meskanen on the O looked good.

I'm not as upset by this one as I was/am by McIlrath. The McIlrath pick I was so upset by that I changed my signature on the old board to reflect my displeasure so that it would be known with every post I made. That said, leaving Casey Mittelstadt for the Sabres to snap up hurts quite a bit. I know that it's not fair to hold that against Lias, but it still sucks. One looks like a franchise center, the other is struggling to crack the bottom 6 on a team that's struggling to crack the bottom 6 of the NHL.

I'm not as upset by this one as I was/am by McIlrath. The McIlrath pick I was so upset by that I changed my signature on the old board to reflect my displeasure so that it would be known with every post I made. That said, leaving Casey Mittelstadt for the Sabres to snap up hurts quite a bit. I know that it's not fair to hold that against Lias, but it still sucks. One looks like a franchise center, the other is struggling to crack the bottom 6 on a team that's struggling to crack the bottom 6 of the NHL.

the mcilrath pick made no sense. Quite honestly I surprised some analysts had mcilrath projected in high teens. Just no skills at all. Andersson I believe in. Not flashy but has skills.

Archived