• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 NHL Entry Draft – Movin' On Up into the Top-Five – Live Discussion

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, no. They went for upside with every pick. Kravtsov and Miller, specifically, are major upside types.

I guess we'll see. I think higher upside was left on the board, while these picks can probably not bottom out and completely bust, but are potentially bottom 9 forward and bottom 6 - D men. I thought the goal was to grab potential elite players.

Okay. Maybe you're just not reading the right sources then.

All I've read is he has a wide variety of skills and is willing to come to the US sooner than people would expect. I don't see the word elite in anything I've read. He's certainly a good prospect. Probably going to make it in this league. But nothing screams out potential game breaker, elite, top talen, best at anything.... He's a complete package....that maybe can be a 2nd liner, but won't be an AHL lifer or go back to the KHL.

Sorry, when I see a guy like Wahlstrom, Dobson, and Bouchard still left, I go with one of them, because they are higher ceiling players.

This pick is the Andersson pick all over again. A younger player who has (sparingly) played against men in their respective top leagues, who projects to AT LEAST make it as a 3rd or 4th liner if they don't pan out, as a 2nd liner, and is ready to step foot onto NA soil to start development and maybe contribute very soon.

They're scared to go boom or bust. No risk taken here. They will have a roster player with these picks. Doesn't matter that they might all be at the same skill level of NOT being too tier elite forwards. They'll be here though!!!!!

Imo, I'd have traded up the second Montreal made their pick. If not there then when Arizona was on the board. Give one of them the 9 and the 28th, and go big.

Hopefully there's a bunch of high end potential scorers left in the up coming rounds. I seriously hope they are done with D men as they now have 659 LH d men in the system.

Can you name some available players that fit that bill?

All I've read is he has a wide variety of skills and is willing to come to the US sooner than people would expect. I don't see the word elite in anything I've read. He's certainly a good prospect. Probably going to make it in this league. But nothing screams out potential game breaker, elite, top talen, best at anything.... He's a complete package....that maybe can be a 2nd liner, but won't be an AHL lifer or go back to the KHL.

Sorry, when I see a guy like Wahlstrom, Dobson, and Bouchard still left, I go with one of them, because they are higher ceiling players.

This pick is the Andersson pick all over again. A younger player who has (sparingly) played against men in their respective top leagues, who projects to AT LEAST make it as a 3rd or 4th liner if they don't pan out, as a 2nd liner, and is ready to step foot onto NA soil to start development and maybe contribute very soon.

They're scared to go boom or bust. No risk taken here. They will have a roster player with these picks. Doesn't matter that they might all be at the same skill level of NOT being too tier elite forwards. They'll be here though!!!!!

Imo, I'd have traded up the second Montreal made their pick. If not there then when Arizona was on the board. Give one of them the 9 and the 28th, and go big.

Hopefully there's a bunch of high end potential scorers left in the up coming rounds. I seriously hope they are done with D men as they now have 659 LH d men in the system.

Once again you are making shit up.

I'm just curious. What are you reading?

As per Hockey Prospects.com final ranking on 6/7/18:

Vitali Kravtsov #6 (Wahlstrom #7)

K'Andre Miller #20

Nils Lundkvist #16

Seems like a pretty darn good first round to me! Obviously Rangers spent considerable time scouting all of the prospects, and doing thier due diligence. They knew who they wanted at #9, thats why the pick came in quick. They didnt trade down because they felt he would get plucked shortly after #9. Again, they kid came on very late, and still was ranked #6 overall by Hockey Prospects. Love our first round. Will know more in 2 years.

As far as 2nd-3rd Rd wise, at forwards I like Morozov, Kotkov, Ylonen, Marchenko?ALL are righthanded

?-as far as defense RHD Woo, Wilde, I like what a saw with Samuelsson at the world championships even tho? he?s a LHD. And as far as goalies Annunen 6?4? Finnish goalie & Skarek 6?3? Czech goalie

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm just curious. What are you reading?

What ever comes up via Google search..

Elite prospects, blurbs from Sportsnet, sporting news rankings, NHL.com rankings, the hockey writers .

Go on, this is where you say they aren't credible sources and you belong to some secret society of scouting reports..

What ever comes up via Google search..

Elite prospects, blurbs from Sportsnet, sporting news rankings, NHL.com rankings, the hockey writers .

Go on, this is where you say they aren't credible sources and you belong to some secret society of scouting reports..

Don't trust me. That's your prerogative. I've read and watched extensively. I'm confident in what I know, but I guess you can learn a lot in just a Google search.

Rangers 723, I wanted the Rangers to trade up for Kravtsov and thought he'd go to the Isles or Dallas. Just because I and others preferred Wahlstrom or Dobson, doesnt mean we are all BASHING the pick. But are we allowed to have preferences and experience a moment of joy, disapointment, reflection or whatever.

Repped when I get on a real computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Once again you are making shit up.

Please do tell me what I made up here, or anywhere else?

I'm making up that no free source says this kid is an elite talent? If you can point me to the things I read, where I would be blatantly lying about what I read???? That'd be great.

Don't trust me. That's your prerogative. I've read and watched extensively. I'm confident in what I know, but I guess you can learn a lot in just a Google search.

Yeaaaah but I am saying what I read. Sorry I didn't converse with you before I read what's out there. I also apologize for not knowing you watch all the prospects in the world. You state nowhere in the threads that he's an elite talent.

And I'll ask again, since you watch them all. Can you give some names if potential high end elite type scorers left in the draft, that would fit what I'm talking about? Orrr even who you would like to see and why? Or are you just going to tell people they're wrong for reading shitty write ups on the internet?

I was as surprised as anyone when they picked Kravtsov. But thinking about and reading what the likes of Pronman says about the pick I like it more and more. This is a kid that played against grown ups in the 2nd best league in the world last season. He was named KHL rookie of the year. He put up 11 points in 16 games in the playoffs. That is fucking impressive for an 18 yo. To put it into context, that’s the 3rd best ever by an 18 year old in the KHL playoffs.

A big kid, excellent skater and already matched against pros. Apart from being an unexpected pick I’m not sure what’s to dislike about this pick.

And I'll ask again, since you watch them all. Can you give some names if potential high end elite type scorers left in the draft, that would fit what I'm talking about? Orrr even who you would like to see and why? Or are you just going to tell people they're wrong for reading shitty write ups on the internet?

Never did I say I watch them all. I don't have time to that when I'm not getting paid to do it.

With 39 they should be looking at guys like Jonatan Berggren, and, though he's a center, Akil Thomas. One is a very talented playmaker. The other is a two-way goal scorer. There's your potential high-skill offense at 39.

Closest thing you probably get to a scorer like Wahlstrom is Adam Mascherin who chose to re-enter after declining to sign with Florida. He can obviously go pro next year. Has a stocky build, but is a fine skater. Has a cannon for a shot. He's probably just stocky Christian Thomas, but if you're so into finding your scorer there you go.

Archived