• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gorton: Team Lacked Toughness and Grit; Will Be Addressed

Phil

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the style of play. Smallish, all around player who brings energy. That's what callahan was. It remains to be seen if he's more skilled then Cally was.

If he isn’t more skilled than Callahan, he should just burn his fuckin gear now and end it.

SHL

Ranked #2 ppg among players under 20

10th among 24U

AHL

Ranked 3rd among ppg for U20

Internationally he did very well.

And this was during an exhausting draft year that included injuries, playing in 3 different leagues and playing international competitions.

He also wasn't taken seventh overall. If Callahan is what Andersson ends up as, the Rangers whiffed.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Difference between Andersson and Callahan being that Lias brings game first (projected to be slightly more productive than Stepan) then intangibles.

Callahan is intangibles plus... shot blocking?

SHL

Ranked #2 ppg among players under 20

10th among 24U

AHL

Ranked 3rd among ppg for U20

Internationally he did very well.

And this was during an exhausting draft year that included injuries, playing in 3 different leagues and playing international competitions.

I get it. Your wagon is hitched.
Difference between Andersson and Callahan being that Lias brings game first (projected to be slightly more productive than Stepan) then intangibles.

Callahan is intangibles plus... shot blocking?

His comparables are Stepan and Krejci. 2nd rounders...and we took him 7th overall....

I would take Step top 10 in a redraft. Only players Id take before him is Stamkos, Doughty, Pietrangelo, EK, Josi, Holtby, Atkinson and Carlson.

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/redraft/2008/

Here is a redraft. They have him at 14th.

If he ends up like Stepan we should be okey with that. He's a solid 1B/2A+ center. Cant expect a franchise center at 7th overall.

I would take Step top 10 in a redraft. Only players Id take before him is Stamkos, Doughty, Pietrangelo, EK, Josi, Holtby, Atkinson and Carlson.

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/redraft/2008/

Here is a redraft. They have him at 14th.

If he ends up like Stepan we should be okey with that. He's a solid 1B/2A+ center. Cant expect a franchise center at 7th overall.

No? Kopitar at 11. Giroux at 20 something.

Archived