• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Phil

I don't think Tavares will sign here, and I don't think Dallas lets Seguin leave.

Tavares should test the market. He likes the nyc area and is extremely frustrated with that organization. NY lotto - hey,you never know.

If Hitchcock is there, seguin won’t stay.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skjei - Pionk

Staal - Shattenkirk

Smith - DeAngelo

Lindgren

Isn?t as bad as people think, if guys play well, progress, bounce back, whatever you want to call it, especially when potentially looking at using a new system.

There?s not a top d available, those that are won?t change much.

Fixing 1 & 2 will help make this defense crew less of an issue

I agree. I just think the defense is clearly the most critical issue. Especially if they have any hope of making next season a playoffs year.

They can get by with a lower tier 1C in Zibanejad. They can't get by if Smith, DeAngelo, etc don't take major steps forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I agree. The defense wasn't as bad as they could have been. Better offensive players would take off the defensive pressure. I liked O'Gara and Gilmour's play.

Why? O'Gara bleeds shots and attempts and Gilmour can't skate backwards. He's a forward playing defense.

If these two are on your NHL roster, your team probably sucks.

Skjei - Pionk

Staal - Shattenkirk

Smith - DeAngelo

Lindgren

Isn?t as bad as people think, if guys play well, progress, bounce back, whatever you want to call it, especially when potentially looking at using a new system.

There?s not a top d available, those that are won?t change much.

Fixing 1 & 2 will help make this defense crew less of an issue

Carlson.

Amen in spades. AV had nothing to work with especially on defense. The corporate methodology leaves GGG in charge and a brilliant hockey man looking for a job. Maybe I will just concentrate on Boca Juniors and the sad Argentine national team (NMNV) so I can spend my evenings enjoying my life. After 70 years of frustration I have just about had it.

I love hockey and have loved the Rangers but this may be the final straw. If I were "The King" I would ask for a trade to a real team that would give me a pathway to the Hall of Fame instead of the Hall of Shame that GGG has left me with.

Most projections seem to list the draft order along these lines. Assuming top 3 is off limits (barring getting lucky in the lottery) where should we aim to get?

1. Dahlin

2. Svechnikov

3. Zadina

4. Tkachuk

5. Boqvist

6. Hughes

7. Bouchard

8. Wahlstrom

9. Dobson

10. Smith

I have a "feeling" on Tkachuk. The few times I've seen him he just plays hard and is an absolute pest in addition to being a really good player overall. I also like Boqvist and Bouchard.

Amen in spades. AV had nothing to work with especially on defense. The corporate methodology leaves GGG in charge and a brilliant hockey man looking for a job. Maybe I will just concentrate on Boca Juniors and the sad Argentine national team (NMNV) so I can spend my evenings enjoying my life. After 70 years of frustration I have just about had it.

I love hockey and have loved the Rangers but this may be the final straw. If I were "The King" I would ask for a trade to a real team that would give me a pathway to the Hall of Fame instead of the Hall of Shame that GGG has left me with.

See ya

70 years of frustration? Weren't you like 52 in 1994?

Most projections seem to list the draft order along these lines. Assuming top 3 is off limits (barring getting lucky in the lottery) where should we aim to get?

1. Dahlin

2. Svechnikov

3. Zadina

4. Tkachuk

5. Boqvist

6. Hughes

7. Bouchard

8. Wahlstrom

9. Dobson

10. Smith

I have a "feeling" on Tkachuk. The few times I've seen him he just plays hard and is an absolute pest in addition to being a really good player overall. I also like Boqvist and Bouchard.

I've been intrigued by Hughes since seeing him at the world jr's. I thought he was tremendous. Unfortunately, I think he is too similar to D'Angelo and not sure if a defense can have all three of Shat, D, and Hughes. It would be like winning a mini-Stanley Cup if we lucked our way into the top 3 to get one of those studs.

I've been intrigued by Hughes since seeing him at the world jr's. I thought he was tremendous. Unfortunately, I think he is too similar to D'Angelo and not sure if a defense can have all three of Shat, D, and Hughes. It would be like winning a mini-Stanley Cup if we lucked our way into the top 3 to get one of those studs.

And Pionk...

1- Draft Hughes with 7-9th pick

2- Kreider and Zib spend next winter hiking in South America

3- Lundy decides he wants to play for a contender

4- Draft the other Hughes next summer

5- Sign a few of the many UFA’s that summer

Enjoy many years of Hughes brothers

I am in full support of this.

I got this weird feeling we're going to get lucky for once with this lottery. In recent years we've bucked a lot of historic team trends.I remember in the 2013-14 season in particular I had a thread about the year of broken hexes. All stuff we hadn't done in decades that we started doing. I could see our luck changing for once with this draft too.

Then there's the part of me that knows, as amply supported by empiric evidence, that the Rangers always get screwed. For instance, we're definitely going to move back one spot to 9th.

Again, nothing to support it. Just this weird feeling I've had since we started committing fully to the rebuild.

Archived