• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#68) Wolf Pack at Tampa Bay Lightning // Awkward Family Reunion Pt. 1

you know, i think i've said this before...but we are the new buffalo sabres or phoenix coyotes. Other teams come out early, try and bury us quick to get the Rangers discouraged and not want to play, then they coast the rest of the game to the finish with a 3 goal lead.

It happened so quickly, but then when you look back you can see it unfold. But when we were going through it for the last few years, it wasn't as obvious. We are the buffalo sabres....how long does this go on for now? How many years are we in for it?

I think i've had 1 too many bourbons.

Enough said

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not if the Pack are gearing up for a run at the Calder Cup, we won't. Again, what use would calling them up accomplish? The goal should be to finish with the worst possible record. That necessitates icing the worst possible lineup.

Because nobody tanks on purpose? Although the Zib flu, and mystery Kreider injury are fishy.

Its a stage. A pre preseason. Id like to gauge the talent levels in meaningful (to the opposition) games instead of preseason against scrubs...

Because nobody tanks on purpose? Although the Zib flu, and mystery Kreider injury are fishy.

Its a stage. A pre preseason. Id like to gauge the talent levels in meaningful (to the opposition) games instead of preseason against scrubs...

Players don't. Management does. Or at least understand that they're best served not icing the best possible squad.

Someone should do that voting thing..Tank or not to tank. I'm curious what the majority thinks. I'm a no tank guy. i believe in fostering a winning mentality, esp with young guys, and i tend to be a little superstitious too, like karma and stuff..and i really don't want the Rangers to be Buffalo. Didn't they tank in the McDavid lotto? And look where they are now.

Tanking promotes loosing especially with the young guys. Bad idea!

Prove it.

The term "tank" is a colloquialism. We're not suggesting literally throwing games the way the Pens did to get Mario. We're suggesting the Rangers not do anything to marginally improve their club knowing that a poor finish to an already lost season could net them a franchise player.

If you told me the Rangers would pot 3 tonight, I’d think they’d at least get into OT.

What Ranger team are you watching? if you told me they'd score 3 against TB, i'd wonder if the Lighting kept it less than 10 against us.

Someone should do that voting thing..Tank or not to tank. I'm curious what the majority thinks. I'm a no tank guy. i believe in fostering a winning mentality, esp with young guys, and i tend to be a little superstitious too, like karma and stuff..and i really don't want the Rangers to be Buffalo. Didn't they tank in the McDavid lotto? And look where they are now.

Buffalo is a prime example of why there are no shortcuts to rebuilding a team properly. That's how you end up with Benoit Pouliot in your top-six.

The young guys are trying to win. They’re trying to stick in the show. If they’re losing, it’s not from lack of effort.

agree on the young guys. It's looks to me like they're playing hard. Just getting outclassed most games by the better teams. I'd like to say i'd rather see a young team play real hard and lose than a skilled team only play half assed and win, but that would never be true.

Certain players are proving they're NHL players. Others are not. It's a good barometer. I'd expect DeAngelo to be the only defenseman that makes the cut from the motley crew they're currently icing on defense. Spooner, Hayes and Vesey are doing well. Management is definitely taking note of all this.

Next season they have to do a better job of penciling players into certain roles. Everyone has to earn it. Zib being "handed" the #1 role was a mistake. Hayes being "handed" the #2 role was a mistake. Have enough talent in camp to push the guys who are assumed positions.

Certain players are proving they're NHL players. Others are not. It's a good barometer. I'd expect DeAngelo to be the only defenseman that makes the cut from the motley crew they're currently icing on defense. Spooner, Hayes and Vesey are doing well. Management is definitely taking note of all this.

Next season they have to do a better job of penciling players into certain roles. Everyone has to earn it. Zib being "handed" the #1 role was a mistake. Hayes being "handed" the #2 role was a mistake. Have enough talent in camp to push the guys who are assumed positions.

Yup. You always want your young guys taking a job from a veteran ahead of them. Always.

All things considered this could have been worse

I'm not one for tanking as it makes the team unwatchable, but I really do think it might be in our best interest given how insanely good the draft class is this season. Any of the projected top 5 picks this in this draft may have gone 1st overall in a weaker draft. We land a guy like Boqvist and our defense will look very different in just a year or two. If we get even luckier a guy like Zadina or Svechnikov will completely revamp this offense.

Sadly, knowing the Rangers we'll probably move down and end up reaching for someone again

Archived