• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#68) Wolf Pack at Tampa Bay Lightning // Awkward Family Reunion Pt. 1

Smart people understand we need goal scorers. Rangers are a light year away from the Lightning. Dahlin is not the savory they need more then one guy. Gortin and Sather miss the boat on guys like Patrick Laine who by the way just scored number 39

Guys sitting in Hartford won’t cut it!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the guys in Hartford aren't kids, though, is my point. That's hopefully going to change as the Rangers get back to drafting talent, but the Pack's best players over the last number of seasons have almost all been fringe NHL types or AHL lifers. Both Bourques, Nicklas Jensen, Marek Hrivik, Matt Bodie, Justin Fontaine, Taylor Beck, Phil McRae, Michael Paliotta, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

As soon as next season, I'm really hoping that Hajek, Howden, Ronning, and others are all there to dramatically improve things.

None of this vindicates Girardi, Holden, and others, either. They were still over paid and/or overplayed.

Oh, it does vindicate them, because there’s was no one able to replace them and here’s your proof. These guys, men, kids, senior citizens, etc ... are not very good at THIS level. Gilmour should burn his gear and take up figure skating.

Oh, it does vindicate them, because there’s was no one able to replace them and here’s your proof. These guys, men, kids, senior citizens, etc ... are not very good at THIS level. Gilmour should burn his gear and take up figure skating.

That's not vindication, though. The inability to replace a poorly performing vehicle with a better performing vehicle doesn't make it not a poorly performing vehicle.

Most of the guys in Hartford aren't kids, though, is my point. That's hopefully going to change as the Rangers get back to drafting talent, but the Pack's best players over the last number of seasons have almost all been fringe NHL types or AHL lifers. Both Bourques, Nicklas Jensen, Marek Hrivik, Matt Bodie, Justin Fontaine, Taylor Beck, Phil McRae, Michael Paliotta, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

As soon as next season, I'm really hoping that Hajek, Howden, Ronning, and others are all there to dramatically improve things.

None of this vindicates Girardi, Holden, and others, either. They were still over paid and/or overplayed.

What are people saying about Gettinger? He also had another big season ala Ronning in Jrs? Big dude. I know nothing about hos game though.

I wonder if his SNL appearance went to his head. Hes been very average since then. More so, when Smith was put on waivers.

Yes, appearing on Saturday Night Live is definitely something that could turn your season into shit. I mean, it makes so much sense, how could it not be the reason ? At least it?s not as bad as the SI or EA curse.

That's not vindication, though. The inability to replace a poorly performing vehicle with a better performing vehicle doesn't make it not a poorly performing vehicle.

Phil, please understand the point. Thank you.

Archived