• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#68) Wolf Pack at Tampa Bay Lightning // Awkward Family Reunion Pt. 1

It's impossible to judge any player, especially one in Skjei position, this season. Every single player has had brutal stretches.

Plus AV doesn't know what defense means.

Agree... I really don't think last season was a fluke. Sophmore slump is real

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's impossible to judge any player, especially one in Skjei position, this season. Every single player has had brutal stretches.

Plus AV doesn't know what defense means.

Brady has been bad which I guess we can blame on those around him or worse case in the end he's just average or slightly better. I have a hard time blaming AV when a guy can't clear the puck or loses puck battles or fails to move guys in front.

Brady has been bad which I guess we can blame on those around him or worse case in the end he's just average or slightly better. I have a hard time blaming AV when a guy can't clear the puck or loses puck battles or fails to move guys in front.
I have a hard time blaming all the under-performing players and not the coach.

Might help if the Rangers actually had kids. Gilmour is a 24-year old. He's no kid.

Point is, everyone that is in the AHL is there for a good reason. So now all the piners crying for A guys to replace G, Holden, my father with Parkinson?s, etc ... might get it through their thick heads that current great players aren?t hiding in Hartford.

So many jokes for Yanni Gourde, I don't even know where to start.

I had to look up who the hell this guy was... looks like a career AHL'er who magically turned into a first line player in the NHL at 26

Tampa is stupidly fucking rich with talent

Point is, everyone that is in the AHL is there for a good reason. So now all the piners crying for A guys to replace G, Holden, my father with Parkinson’s, etc ... might get it through their thick heads that current great players aren’t hiding in Hartford.

Most of the guys in Hartford aren't kids, though, is my point. That's hopefully going to change as the Rangers get back to drafting talent, but the Pack's best players over the last number of seasons have almost all been fringe NHL types or AHL lifers. Both Bourques, Nicklas Jensen, Marek Hrivik, Matt Bodie, Justin Fontaine, Taylor Beck, Phil McRae, Michael Paliotta, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

As soon as next season, I'm really hoping that Hajek, Howden, Ronning, and others are all there to dramatically improve things.

None of this vindicates Girardi, Holden, and others, either. They were still over paid and/or overplayed.

Archived