• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#68) Wolf Pack at Tampa Bay Lightning // Awkward Family Reunion Pt. 1

Think of the picks left on the table.

DZ...Eberle/Carlson on the table

Kreider...Not a bad pick.

McIlrath...Tarasenko/Schwartz/Fowler

Miller...Rikard Rackell (and Namestnikov LOL)

Skjei...Not a bad pick, late.

I mean if you put any of the forwards we left out there on this team today, we are a much better team. Especially Eberle (instead of DZ who netted us an early retiree) and Tarasenko.

This is really interesting. None of the players we drafted are "star" players. Kreider is a one-dimensional, complementary player, Miller is similar, Skjei is coming off an absolutely horrendous season - so he's an unknown. But I also don't feel like we missed out on all that much either. Tarasenko and Fowler are hard pills to swallow but Fowler REALLY struggled and was even on the trade block not too long ago. Who knows if the Rangers would have had the patience to let him develop. Eberle is a second liner. Carlson is good but again, the Rangers could be guilty of rushing Del Zotto. Would they have done the same with Carlson?

I think the point is, they didn't really draft high enough. The higher you go the less likely you are to swing and miss completely. Last draft they did a nice job with a "safe" pick and a "risky" pick. Both players look like they'll be NHL players. This draft I think they need to find a way into the top 5 where you basically can't miss. As long as I've been a fan, we've never had this opportunity. The quality in this draft is off the charts according to most. My fear, however, is that dreaded phrase, "The Rangers might be going off the board here." I feel like that shit happens ever year. Just pick the best fucking guy available -- not what the team needs right now.

This is Jeff Gorton's chance to either make or break his Ranger career. If he bungles this draft, it might be curtains for him.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pouliot was a 1st round pick, 4th over all. Shows how unpredictable the draft is.

I wouldnt put too much stock into his comment.

Buffalo is doing exactly what people here want to do.

Unfortunately, Buffalo is prototypical team where draft picks dont always pan out. And I doubt many other people not named Josh were complaining about them acquiring O'Reilly. They just had guys that didnt pan out, which happens.

I wouldnt put too much stock into his comment.

Buffalo is doing exactly what people here want to do.

Unfortunately, Buffalo is prototypical team where draft picks dont always pan out. And I doubt many other people not named Josh were complaining about them acquiring O'Reilly. They just had guys that didnt pan out, which happens.

I actually have no idea why Buffalo isn't better. I will say this though, after watching the NBC show, I don't think Phil Housley is a good coach at all. With their talent, they should be better. Goaltending is really the only MAJOR issue and even with Lehner they shouldn't be the worst team in the league.

This is really interesting. None of the players we drafted are "star" players. Kreider is a one-dimensional, complementary player, Miller is similar, Skjei is coming off an absolutely horrendous season - so he's an unknown. But I also don't feel like we missed out on all that much either. Tarasenko and Fowler are hard pills to swallow but Fowler REALLY struggled and was even on the trade block not too long ago. Who knows if the Rangers would have had the patience to let him develop. Eberle is a second liner. Carlson is good but again, the Rangers could be guilty of rushing Del Zotto. Would they have done the same with Carlson?

I think the point is, they didn't really draft high enough. The higher you go the less likely you are to swing and miss completely. Last draft they did a nice job with a "safe" pick and a "risky" pick. Both players look like they'll be NHL players. This draft I think they need to find a way into the top 5 where you basically can't miss. As long as I've been a fan, we've never had this opportunity. The quality in this draft is off the charts according to most. My fear, however, is that dreaded phrase, "The Rangers might be going off the board here." I feel like that shit happens ever year. Just pick the best fucking guy available -- not what the team needs right now.

This is Jeff Gorton's chance to either make or break his Ranger career. If he bungles this draft, it might be curtains for him.

Define “star” player though. There’s been 851 skaters touch NHL ice this year, how many of them are stars in your opinion?

Define ?star? player though. There?s been 851 skaters touch NHL ice this year, how many of them are stars in your opinion?

How many of the player that we drafted are "untouchable?" None other than Hank who's 37.

Stamkos and Kucherov are not getting traded

Marchand is never getting traded.

Mathews Marner Nylander are not getting traded.

Crosby, Malkin

Ovechkin, BAckstrom

Hall

Seguin, Benn

etc....

Most good teams have those star players. Players that define your team. We haven't had that since Jagr. We have a slew of ~45 point players. Which is fine if you have other, better players around them.

Archived