• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

(#60) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers // 'Bout to Catch that Rocky Knockout

Phil

Unfortunately unless we get super lucky we're probably picking in the 7-10 range. Some good players there but if you're in the top 5 you're almost guaranteed someone who has a good shot at the NHL next season.

Then again, season's not over. If they trade Zucc, Nash, Grabner, AND McD I'm not sure how they will win another game this season.

After dealing Nash, Grabner, and McDonagh for multiple assets including at least one more first-round pick, they can contemplate trading that 7th and extra pieces to move to 3/4/5.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good. Another perfect ending. Many of the most valuable commodities scored and the team lost without gaining a point. All is right in tank land.

Really? A loss at home to Phila. is perfect? I thought that word was defined by a victory.

It's defined by victory when you're a good team. It's defined by losing when you aren't. Especially when your GM has vowed to gut the team befofe the deadline.

Lose all the games now. Pick as high as possible. Come back strong as soon as next season.

I look at it differently. Who roots for a team to lose and then devotes endless hours discussing their ups and downs - pays top $$ for tix, transportation, food, clothing, etc. Gets mucho crap from fans at the games and on forums with filthy language and in some cases worse - pays for TV and listens to B.S. from the announcers and then roots for the team to lose, trade proven players so the possibility exists that some savior or 2 or 3 or more will come down from the heavens and bring redemption in the form of a possible miraculous turn-around in performance. I'll be looking forward to the next game and hopefully a NYR victory.

Go Rangers

I think this might be the worst we've looked at this point in the season in the last 10 years at least

I mean, it's entirely predictable when your management pretty much says the season is over and you might get traded, but still

Just bring on next season already. Thank god baseball's almost here

I've been thinking this for the last 1-2 weeks. This is the worst the Rangers have looked this late in the season for more than 10 years. Before lock out bad.

I look at it differently. Who roots for a team to lose and then devotes endless hours discussing their ups and downs - pays top $$ for tix, transportation, food, clothing, etc. Gets mucho crap from fans at the games and on forums with filthy language and in some cases worse - pays for TV and listens to B.S. from the announcers and then roots for the team to lose, trade proven players so the possibility exists that some savior or 2 or 3 or more will come down from the heavens and bring redemption in the form of a possible miraculous turn-around in performance. I'll be looking forward to the next game and hopefully a NYR victory

GO RANGERS

I agree with you 100%?who roots for there team to loose. Some on this board baffle me as we were 3 points out and fans were rooting for them the loose and the GM waves the white towel. The next i also will be rooting for the Rangers to win and fire then GM and coach. How does a player get an A on the sweater and 2 days later barely plays 13 minutes. The problem is the players are pissd at management frmwaving the white towel and dont’t beleve in AV’s/Ruff system

Losing gives the team a better chance of improving more not only next season, but in the long run. I really think you guys need to read up more on some of the players available in this draft. A top-3 pick would be huge. Somehow getting Dahlin would be franchise changing.

Eeking into the playoffs or finishing 1 point out of a playoff spot because they tried went on a run in March is counter productive to what this team needs right now and what management has cited as a goal for this season.

Losing gives the team a better chance of improving more not only next season, but in the long run. I really think you guys need to read up more on some of the players available in this draft. A top-3 pick would be huge. Somehow getting Dahlin would be franchise changing.

Eeking into the playoffs or finishing 1 point out of a playoff spot because they tried went on a run in March is counter productive to what this team needs right now and whatll management has cited as a goal for this season.

Probably you should read up as the next Ranger will not be ready next year even including wonder boy 17 year old Dahlin. Again prospects are prospects and are what if’s even If taking number 1 in all major sports. For the record the Rangers will not get Dahlin and rebuilding to be successful you still need expierenced talent with youth.

Probably you should read up as the next Ranger will not be ready next year even including wonder boy 17 year old Dahlin. Again prospects are prospects and are what if’s even If taking number 1 in all major sports. For the record the Rangers will not get Dahlin and rebuilding to be successful you still need expierenced talent with youth.

That's what Morphinity was saying. The top 3 guys in this draft will all be playing in the NHL next season. That's how good they are. There is nothing about the way this current roster is built that would inspire anyone but the head in the sand fans to think that they have a realistic chance of competing this season.

If Deangelo is a big part of the answer going forward we're in deeper shit that I thought. I undersized guy who is more often than not caught out of position. This shitshow is going to be epic.

Yeah, I'm not a big believer in him at the moment. Not showing any offense and is a disaster in his own end. Thought he looked promising in pre season and to start tje season, but he looks like a throw in, on a salary dump trade....

why not start the russian next game,what's to lose?

I would agree, but I would guess that also depends how quickly Gregoriev comes back from the Flu.

The one game me and the wife saw him play -- after he had settled down from a rocky start -- we were impressed the rest of the way.

Assuming Gregoriev is plan C, is Brandon Halverson still Plan-D backup for now?

Yeah, I'm not a big believer in him at the moment. Not showing any offense and is a disaster in his own end. Thought he looked promising in pre season and to start tje season, but he looks like a throw in, on a salary dump trade....

Sounds like he's gonna have to learn to defend fast ... or get reaquainted with Hartford next season.

Even if they aren't, what I'm interested in, and what the Rangers' front office has declared is their goal, is a Stanley Cup. Everything from this point on is about determining and executing on a plan to establish the Rangers' best chances of competing for one.

I'm a firm believer that the best course is with a high-end draft selection. The worse this team does, the higher their chances of landing a lottery pick that would allow them to draft one.

Eeking into the playoffs or finishing 1 point out of a playoff spot because they tried went on a run in March is counter productive to what this team needs right now and what management has cited as a goal for this season.

I would agree, but the sad thing is we don't have any control over how they finish the season. None, zero. And even more ironic, high draft picks are no guarantees; it really is cruel.

I always want to see new young players do well, regardless of where we are in the standings. And veterans too. It matters as to who we keep.

But it's a double-edged sword — the better they do, the later we pick in the draft.

Unfortunately, for better or worse, we're still a long way from the league's basement. that could change though, with the defense and goaltending we're seeing lately.

Seems to me if they are intent on move Nash, Grabner and McD, they should do it sooner rather than later while they are still relatively healthy and uninjured (McD aside) and while the pick of prospects and offerings is still there. The later we wait the narrower the options become..

I understand why folks want a high draft pick and to tank, but it just seems against what it means to play a sport or be a fan. You do the best with what you have in the org, and want your team to win as a fan.

To tank like the Pens or Hawks to get that gamechanging talent, and have everything else go right for a SCF appearance, that takes time and luck. What's one draft pick over another if its a generational talent leading a roster that is looking at 5-10 years of mediocrity?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

As much as I hate tanking, losing will be best for this franchise. Start the rebuilding process, getting younger and better. Barely getting into the playoffs, and then looking like crap round one is not a recipe for success. I also believe they will have to bring in another coach, as AV has pretty much lost this team and I don't think he will want to be a part of any rebuilding process. We will see ...

Really? Professional sports teams enter the season hoping to lose I suppose. I highly doubt that most fans root for their teams to lose in order to get a better draft position. Borders on the ridiculous, imo.

Red Wings won't tear it down to aid search for difference-makers

Losing?

Finishing 31st does not guarantee the No. 1 pick, expected to be Swedish defenseman Rasmus Dahlin at the 2018 NHL Draft, because of the NHL Draft Lottery.

Even winning the lottery multiple times would not necessarily work. The Edmonton Oilers had the No. 1 pick four times from 2010-2015. They probably will miss the playoffs for the 11th time in 12 seasons.

https://www.nhl.com/news/detroit-red-wings-wont-tear-down-team-to-look-for-difference-makers/c-296123110

Go Rangers!

I understand why folks want a high draft pick and to tank, but it just seems against what it means to play a sport or be a fan. You do the best with what you have in the org, and want your team to win as a fan.

To tank like the Pens or Hawks to get that gamechanging talent, and have everything else go right for a SCF appearance, that takes time and luck. What's one draft pick over another if its a generational talent leading a roster that is looking at 5-10 years of mediocrity?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

A certain group has been advocating for a tank for almost 10 years, including the stanley cup finals season.

Archived