• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

jsm7302

For those who say they can’t make these trades. The rangers traded their number 1 center for two “ worthless” prospects just this summer. I agreed with trading Stepan. Point is even the rangers know that they had to restock and that their cap was untenable. They got relief and two prospects. Two unknowns to a team with the same designs then as they do now. Thankfully Gorton was able to use his brain. Here’s hoping he does again

“Rebuild on the fly”. Would there be a better example than to trade two expiring contracts?

Terrible example. Stepans no trade was about to kick in and his play dropped big time last year. Might be more to it than just that but they needed to make cap room and he was one of the only logical options to deal. Hey look at the highly touted DeAngelo shitting the bed in Hartford. Load up them late first round picks baby! Woooooooeeeeeee!

Columbus has lost 6 of their last ten. They were considered a top contender from the conference. That's kinda why people are mentioning "yet another loss" for them. They are struggling, and Tampa is too. They aren't any better than the Rangers. But you don't see the Rangers as a contender when these teams are in the same boat.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope he does. He is hardly going to crush them if he’s moved. It will hurt but his production won’t be missed his intangibles will

Yeah, Jesper Fast and JT Miller as your top right wingers is seriously going to keep things the same around here. They draw so much attention and do so much with the puck...

It will be just like it is now. JUST LIKE IT.

How are they NOT a contender? I'm watching the team. They have been up and down, and when they are up they look like a team that can beat anyone. They aren't without fault. They need help to be some kind of juggernaut, but that really doesn't look necessary this year.

Honest question. Who CANT they beat? There's not one single team that scares me. It's so up in the air, that making the decision to give up NOW isn't a very good one.

To get that center. You deal Miller, you deal DeAngelo, you deal Smith ( out of the lineup again today), you deal Holden, you deal Fast. You make a package from these guys and prospects or picks (not a first unless it's a top line guy, in that case you offer Buch as an option) and you get a player that fits.

Whos available? I don't know, but I'd imagine there's top six players to be had from teams like Anaheim, Dallas, Detroit, Montreal, Edmonton, Buffalo, Colorado, Florida, Ottawa, Philly, SJ, Toronto, Vancouver.... Plenty of trade partners that would be looking to be sellers or change things up, or add pieces that this team should be offering. Probably some older players available at half their salary for pennies on the dollar just with more years than you'd want. Like maybe Zetterberg can be had as a salary dump. Getzlaf? Lucic?

Haha. I’m done. Another trade all our garbage for a top line center guy. All we need is you know a top line center and poof we are contenders. It hurts to try and rationalize with mentality. I’m arguing with somebody who lives in a fantasy world. Teams don’t trade top line centers period. So zetterberg would be a fit. Haven’t seen that before. Let’s trade for a forty year old. I’m done discussing unicorns and Bigfoot.

Haha. I’m done. Another trade all our garbage for a top line center guy. All we need is you know a top line center and poof we are contenders. It hurts to try and rationalize with mentality. I’m arguing with somebody who lives in a fantasy world. Teams don’t trade top line centers period. So zetterberg would be a fit. Haven’t seen that before. Let’s trade for a forty year old. I’m done discussing unicorns and Bigfoot.

says the dude banking on random draft picks

Yeah says the guy who doesn’t think the rangers are getting a top line center by the deadline to make them a contender. You’re right. I’m not banking on draft picks but they are better than losing valuable players for nothing. And no the rangers are not as good as Tampa. That’s laughable. But continue on. You only have the past 80 years as example that the miracle run isn’t happening with a terminally flawed team. But hey why should that matter Trading a player with 17 points surely would be mailing it in. Let’s just also throw aside that the injury of Kreider has no bearing on any hopes they had but why should that matter either. Continue on. It’s funny

Value goes up hopefully. I like both players both have value. Both don’t have contracts beyond this year

I like Nash and Grabner. And honestly, my biggest fear is that they get re-signed in the offseason. Nash at4,Grabner at 2, seems ok... but, based on how the season/playoffs go, its most likely time to move on - but that time is at the end of the season.

I’m fine with that and understand that point probably even agree with you. However that is not what you were posting. Your posts have vitriol in them for me even having such a blasphemous opinion of selling two ufas.

Unfortunately how the team plays and consistency does matter. 43 games in and this team has only consistently never shown up for 60 minutes. Results aside come playoff time you will lose with that being your dna.

Archived