• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017 Stanley Cup Final: Perds vs. Pens

Phil

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting series. I actually am curious what nationwide ratings look like (I know that in Nashville it's record setting), because to me this is an example of how high scoring games are boring. There have been no remotely close games in this series, and while I usually watch every minute of the final, I have skipped about three of the games now. It's not like the quality of hockey has been poor either, where I think both teams are taking turns playing incredibly well. Weird that it can be 3-2 with no close games.

Interesting series. I actually am curious what nationwide ratings look like (I know that in Nashville it's record setting), because to me this is an example of how high scoring games are boring. There have been no remotely close games in this series, and while I usually watch every minute of the final, I have skipped about three of the games now. It's not like the quality of hockey has been poor either, where I think both teams are taking turns playing incredibly well. Weird that it can be 3-2 with no close games.

Game 1 was 3-0, then 3-3 in the 3rd until Pitt scored with a few minutes left.

Game 2 was 1-1 going into the 3rd.

Games 3&4 were 3-1 going into the 3rd, but were a lot closer than what the final scores ended up being.

Why wouldn't you just drink regular beer, actually get drunk and half the bill?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Counterpoint - sometimes its more fun to chug 20 beers than it is to "drink" 9 heavy beers. Nobody drinks the light stuff for the taste, but because you can have a lot of them for a long period of time.

Game 1 was 3-0, then 3-3 in the 3rd until Pitt scored with a few minutes left.

Game 2 was 1-1 going into the 3rd.

Games 3&4 were 3-1 going into the 3rd, but were a lot closer than what the final scores ended up being.

I mean I'm not talking on the scoreboard, I'm talking about play. Game 1 was not close at any point in the game in terms of play. Nashville dominated that game and did most of the same for Game 2 and 3. Game 4 was better, and then of course we had last night's game where Nashville look like they gave up after the first period.

Maybe close is the wrong word. Maybe unexciting is a better word. Idk.

Archived