• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017 Stanley Cup Final: Perds vs. Pens

Phil

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what pissed me off about the disallowed goal was that the two refs and two linesmen had a conference after the play and still disallowed it. it was clearly visible to other 3 officials that the puck was way lose. I see it as total bullshit

That doesn't matter, they can't overturn a non-goal that was blown dead.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

This is simply a general observation. Oh I see. It's all on the refs once again. If a team has to use an excuse such as a disallowed goal to justify the outcome, then I don't believe they're up to the task. Obviously Pittsburgh was. I for one wanted Nashville rather than Pittsburgh to win the Cup. They had many opportunities to score goals and couldn't get it done. PP was anemic, period! Pens took advantage of every opportunity. End result will be another parade with Crosby leading the way. Unlike some people, I enjoyed the entire playoffs, even tho' the NYR were knocked out. They couldn't get it done either, despite having glorious opportunities. On to the draft; and next season, which hopefully will end with better results for ALL Rangers fans.

Agree in general.

I'd put it this way, not all on the refs, but the refs had far too much influence on the outcomes of the games —*especially the first and last — and that shouldn't be the case. NHL needs to wear a paper bag over its head.

Despite my Pens in 6 forecast, I really wanted Nashville to win, so I may be a bit biased, but the two goals that were disallowed and involved questionable officiating and review could have completely changed the complexion of two games.

Anyway well done Nashville, not many teams win it first time in the finals, and the Pens almost backed into this one.

NHL officiating has been inconsistent for years and some of the decisions and calls made are outright asinine! The team that scores the timely goal. The goalie that makes the crucial save at the right time. The player that decides to take a stupid penalty or instead, makes a great play. A couple of " lucky " bounces, are pretty much among what determines the outcome rather than the overall officiating, imo.

they should be able to. why did they have a conference after the play

Whistle blows. Play's dead. Period.

"Hey guys, shit, I definitely had intent to blow even earlier, but it looks like the puck was loose the whole time. What do we do?"

"Idk man, we'll see if we can find some make-up calls."

"Ok great. Thanks for having my back guys."

*Skates to center and turns mic on*

"There is no goal on the play; the whistle blew."

It's not subjective. You play in between the whistles.

The play is dead when the whistle blows. It's not a grey area like coach's challenge on an offside play, where the play will continue and the goal can be reversed. It's as black as the puck and as white as the ice.

Archived