• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017 Stanley Cup Final: Perds vs. Pens

Phil

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this won't be popular, but they really need to consider cutting the amount of games needed to win the cup... starts to really drag by the third and fourth series imo. If you're a fan of either team in the finals I'm sure you don't mind, but as someone who's team is not in it it's hard to retain interest with so many freaking games. I mean, the baseball season is over a third done already...

7 game series' lets teams completely mail it in some games without worry, making for a lot of boring one-sided games.

Hags seals it.. Still can't believe we got rid of him. 2 Cups for that guy now. FUCK THE PENS. Murray back to back Shutouts. Sheesh oh man. Fuck us for being in their division.

The only reason Hagelin is good over there is because no one gives a rats ass about him with Crosby and Malkin running around out there. It's the same reason a lot of other borderline scrubs have great success there

I know this won't be popular, but they really need to consider cutting the amount of games needed to win the cup... starts to really drag by the third and fourth series imo. If you're a fan of either team in the finals I'm sure you don't mind, but as someone who's team is not in it it's hard to retain interest with so many freaking games. I mean, the baseball season is over a third done already...

7 game series' lets teams completely mail it in some games without worry, making for a lot of boring one-sided games.

I would look at shortening the length of the regular season before the playoffs. I think baseball has the opposite problem. The regular season is too long for such a short playoffs.

The only reason Hagelin is good over there is because no one gives a rats ass about him with Crosby and Malkin running around out there. It's the same reason a lot of other borderline scrubs have great success there

Hagelin is a borderline scrub? Really? Guy plays @ 100% on each & every shift whether or not he is hurt or in and out of the lineup. There are several NYR players that could take a lesson from his play & work ethic. Getting rid of him sure worked out well for the NYR.

Well now. Using the " F " word to describe this series. Fantastic, Feisty, Fabulous, Frenzied, Fast, Flirtatious, Foxy! Too bad the Preds couldn't get it done. However, it was a real pleasure to be witness to a series showcasing fantastic goaltending and the best all-around player the NHL has to offer. Congrats to # 87 on the Conn Smythe. Hats off to the Pittsburgh Penguins. And kudos to Nashville for going further than any of the hockey " experts " dreamed they would.

Penguins show how repeating is done, defeat Predators in Game 6 of Final

Become first back-to-back Cup winners since 1998, before NHL salary cap

cut.jpg

NASHVILLE -- The story of the 2016-17 Pittsburgh Penguins began with a message from coach Mike Sullivan on the first day of training camp.

The experts said they couldn't win the Stanley Cup back to back. History said they couldn't do it. No one had done it for almost two decades. It was supposed to be too hard because of the NHL salary cap, the competitive balance, the grueling schedule.

"And so the very first conversation we had with these guys, I challenged them right away and said, 'Why not?' " Sullivan said. " 'Why can't we? Let's not let somebody else write our story.'"

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-show-how-repeating-is-done/c-289884848?tid=287345494

Hagelin is a borderline scrub? Really? Guy plays @ 100% on each & every shift whether or not he is hurt or in and out of the lineup. There are several NYR players that could take a lesson from his play & work ethic. Getting rid of him sure worked out well for the NYR.

Alright, probably was a little unfair to him, but he's not the reason the Rangers aren't as good as Pittsburgh. He's decent but only a marginal contributor in the postseason. He had the big playoffs last year, but apart from that he's been a tertiary threat for the most part. It's up to us to make up for his loss and not sit back and think of how much better our team would have been with him (which, imo, not much better). Teams lose good players all the time

Uh... The ref lost sight of the puck. Alas, probably cost the Preds a victory.

The Ref blew the whistle the moment the puck hit Murray.. He didn't control the puck for a SINGLE SECOND, and yet the whistle was blown. There are plenty of times in every game the Ref doesn't see the puck, but he knows it's loose based on the players poking around, and the whistle is never blown. Premature whistle, even the biased announcers said it lol. At a certain point you just shake your head at all the calls that go in favor of the Pens. 2 out of 6 games, HUGE momentum changing goals were not counted for the Preds.

Seriously, how dare the ref blow the whistle when he loses sight of the puck

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

And just like I said to Long Time Fan.. It's a joke. The Ref blows the whistle almost the second the puck hits Murray.. HES FALLING BACKWARDS. He doesn't have any control of the puck, not even for a split second. Refs lose site of the puck ALL THE TIME, he's in the damn corner, how would he EVER see a shot that is towards the far post, that puck could have hit Murray and dropped right behind him, and the Ref wouldn't have seen it. He should never have blown it dead that quickly, just like the announcers said. That same play happens plenty of times during the season, and you let it play out until you are sure. That's a game changing call, that of course, went the Pens way.

Would've given the Conn Smythe to Malkin. Yet they continue to gift it to Crosby just cause he's the "popular" vote.

This whole Crosby/Malkin Penguins in general thing needs to go away. A team that's super hard to like unless you're a fan.

I hate to say it, but we need to get used to teams that tanked for superstars winning. Between Chicago/Penguins/Oilers you're going to see at least another 2-3 cups in the near future while we tread water and disappoint year to year. While the Nashville's of the world are a nice story in recent years, at the end of the day it's too damn hard to win a cup these days without superstar talent on your team and the only way to get it is through sucking BIG.

And if it sounds like I'm bitter it's cause I am lol

This is simply a general observation. Oh I see. It's all on the refs once again. If a team has to use an excuse such as a disallowed goal to justify the outcome, then I don't believe they're up to the task. Obviously Pittsburgh was. I for one wanted Nashville rather than Pittsburgh to win the Cup. They had many opportunities to score goals and couldn't get it done. PP was anemic, period! Pens took advantage of every opportunity. End result will be another parade with Crosby leading the way. Unlike some people, I enjoyed the entire playoffs, even tho' the NYR were knocked out. They couldn't get it done either, despite having glorious opportunities. On to the draft; and next season, which hopefully will end with better results for ALL Rangers fans.

Archived