• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017 Stanley Cup Final: Perds vs. Pens

Phil

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

that 5 on 3 was the biggest scam i've seen in awhile, Neal did cross check but Daley clearly FLOPS so 4 on 4, but wait...Hornqvist fell over on his own and Pens got that call too... all if this just a couple minutes after a goal is taken from the Preds...

And Crosby gets away with interference on that 5/3 PP.. I hate those assholes.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, what a fucking horseshit game. Preds got fucked so badly. Kept the Pens shotless for 37 minutes, and lose because of terrible officiating. No goal was the biggest horse shit I have ever seen. Then a 5 on 3 call on the same penalty? Then Crosby interferes right before the Pens first goal. Just absolute fuckery as usual. People don't think there is a Pens bias, it's pretty laughable at this point honestly. It's so bad. Poor Preds.

NHL Disgrazia.

The part that hurts more than the phuckkery is that Pred kept Pens shotless for so long only to lose it on a heartbreaker shot with 3 minutes left. Should Rinne have had it? I don't know. But it sure reminded me of the kind of soul-crushing way to lose that characterzed some of the rangers' losses to the comeback-king Senators. They do all that to claw their way back into a game that looked doomed, then they carry the play only to lose on a shot the goalie probably had a good idea of where it was coming from and how. Sucks that Pens had NHL's extra player on their side.

Glen Sather recalls Penguins' first playoff trip

Hall of Famer, member of 1970 Pittsburgh team, keeping eye on Stanley Cup Final against Predators

cut.jpg

PITTSBURGH -- For the first two seasons of their NHL life, the Pittsburgh Penguins were on the outside of the Stanley Cup Playoffs looking in.

Then, in the spring of 1970, the Penguins were in, sweeping their Quarterfinal series against the Oakland Seals. They faced the St. Louis Blues in the Semifinals for the right to play in the Stanley Cup Final.

It took all of 19 seconds of Game 1 between the Penguins and Blues for the gong to be rung.

https://www.nhl.com/news/glen-sather-recalls-1970-penguins-is-watching-stanley-cup/c-289657130

I'm confused how it's any different than the Turris goal against us in Game 5 OT? He has possession as he crosses the line, does he not?

No, his skate needs to be on the ice, which it wasn't. It barely came off as he got possession, bang bang play but the right call.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

My problem with the rule is that if a play is onside, but the linesman blows it offside, the play is dead. It doesn't work both ways.

Baseball - fair or foul, out or safe, it works both ways.

Basketball - last touched by who? It works both ways.

Football - Catch or no catch, fumble or knee down - It works both ways. And on close plays, the ref won't blow it dead in order to give the play life. Like the tuck rule play.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/kyle-turris.jpg

I just don't get how this is fine.. But the Nashville one wasn't. Oh right, the Pens weren't involved. For the record, that pic is him already in the zone, and the puck still on the line, he is skating backwards into the zone.. If memory is not failing me lol.

Might want to check the rule book

Rule 83.1

Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.

The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blue line regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.

And here's the actual video showing he has control of the puck before entering the zone and not a still shot after the fact.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

Archived