• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Daddy Diaries

Pete

We waited a year which. She's a professor so we actually timed the birth so she would have maternity leave for the Spring and then the summer off. After that we split time the last handful of months.

$1100 is a lot, no doubt. We had a bunch of friends who had their kids in this particular school, so felt comfortable with it. There are many cheaper options. In fact most other places are cheaper. On the flip side we think she is learning a ton there. Hard to say what she'd be like somewhere else though.

They just opened a Montessori here in Podunk actually. It's not much more than the regular daycare either.We're really tempted but it's almost to late to change really.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pretty lucky

Was in town two weeks a month where I could watch son 24/7

When I was gone his mothers employers set up a daycare for him (they rented a other level and had empty rooms).

When she was with clients one of the other lawyers would watch him. He became a mascot essentially

We waited a year which. She's a professor so we actually timed the birth so she would have maternity leave for the Spring and then the summer off. After that we split time the last handful of months.

$1100 is a lot, no doubt. We had a bunch of friends who had their kids in this particular school, so felt comfortable with it. There are many cheaper options. In fact most other places are cheaper. On the flip side we think she is learning a ton there. Hard to say what she'd be like somewhere else though.

Thats honestly not a bad price. We looked at Tutor Time and it was about $5-600 more than that a mknth, and if you needed late than 3 or 330, it was another $20 a day. These day care centers near me just are cost efficient, its like another mortgage.

My wife is a teacher, so lIke you, we planned for them to be born early spring so she woukd go back to work for like a month and then have the summer off. I just wish my in-laws woukd step up and help us out. Its always a chore getting them to watch the kids. The stars have to align for it to happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know we think we're pretty cool but mom's are frickin super heroes.

I'm not quite sure when my wife sleeps, or how these delicious nutritious lunches get made for school, and the kids get clothed and look downright adorable everyday, I'm afraid to ask like if I do it will all disappear like a mirage.

I know I'm completely incapable of doing it.

I had both my kids all day until they were 3&4, and they're only 15 months apart. Wife works in the day, I worked at night. It ain't fuckin easy with 1, let alone 2. Had to get them to nap at the same time so I can shower. Now I have my 3 year old niece to contend with, but 1 day a week alone with her is a lot easier even though she's a handful.

I work nights and my wife works days. I get home at around midnight, try to be in bed by 1 and am up by 7:15 because my 6 year old wants to get up. I have to shower and get ready before I get my 2 year old up and then get the older guy on the bus for school. Its rough dealing with them so early and not getting much sleep, but this is easier for babysitting. I drop my little guy off at like 12:45 at the babysitters house, and my wife comes home and gets them at either 3 or 4:30, depending on the day. I would so rather get them after work rather than before work. I feel like I am running around all morning trying to get myself and them ready for their day.

• 3 weeks later...
Like Pete suggests, the thing is to make her feel like there is nothing to be afraid of. What is it that she's worried about in the dark? Monster? Come up with a night time routine that checks for them. Or give her some sort of tool that can protect her (essentially what a guard dog would be). A magic flash light by the bed. Sprinkle some monster poison around the room. Something like that.

Archived