• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Daddy Diaries

Pete

If this thread has taught me anything it's that American children are extremely coddled. Wipe warmer? WTF is that? It seriously exists?

There's almost 2 full pages on changing diapers, just change the damn thing, it's not something to be studied anymore than loading a dishwasher is.

Pee guards? What are these things? Your kid is gonna piss everywhere. He or she is going to take their diaper off and piss and shit where they see fit. My best piece of advice is to not buy anything nice, don't waste money on a nice couch or a nice mattress for your kid, they'll absolutely destroy it.

The single most important thing about parenting is to make sure your children feel loved. At all times. You can make a billion mistakes but if you get that right you've won as a parent.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I see it, the wipe warmer and the pee guard isn't to "coddle" the kid. It's to make the parents' jobs less miserable when they have to clean up after their kid. If a wipe warmer is going to stop my kid from screaming bloody murder as I wipe his/her shit covered ass, I'm going to buy the best one they make.

Then again, I don't have a fucking kid, so I should stfu.

That much we agree on. And love is free. Costs you nothing.

And not to get too political in this thread, but on top of love, I'd argue the only other requirement of parents is to teach your kids how to think, not what to think. But that comes later. After Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Dinosaur Train are no longer mainstays on the television.

And yes, it's not coddling to use something "fancy" to make both yours and your kids lives less miserable during routine maintenance. You'll be changing a thousand diapers in your life. If your kid screams because he hates cold wipes, fucking warm them. It's not coddling. Or if it is, it's harmless in the long run.

Yea, American kids are coddled.

Look at what I found on www.toyrus.CA.

Sorry.. Yuppie kids :) Maybe it's because I'm rural I dunno.

My 2 year old just steals electronics and heads for toilet or bath tub. This is what they do, it's all a game. Pee guards and wipe warmers will become blissful memories when you've gone through 3 phones in a calander month.

Sorry.. Yuppie kids :) Maybe it's because I'm rural I dunno.

My 2 year old just steals electronics and heads for toilet or bath tub. This is what they do, it's all a game. Pee guards and wipe warmers will become blissful memories when you've gone through 3 phones in a calander month.

Yea we didn't do any of that.

Just the bottle warmer, that's a must have. It warms up food, too. Also can use on anything that needs a warm bath, like crystallized honey.

Viva paper towels are legit, although I've never tried wiping my ass with it. Theyre paper towels but theyre soft enough that they feel like cloth. They dont get soggy or fall apart when wet either.

He seems to like those, doesn't scream as much but we're testing out the wipe warmer now. But, they're pretty good paper towels.

:rofl:

Truth. I even sing songs about what I'm doing. Gross as it may be. "Wiping up this nasty diarrhea, all the way up your back"!

Haven't hit that part of the dirty diaper yet, dreading it. lol

Viva paper towels are legit, although I've never tried wiping my ass with it. Theyre paper towels but theyre soft enough that they feel like cloth. They dont get soggy or fall apart when wet either.

:rofl:

Truth. I even sing songs about what I'm doing. Gross as it may be. "Wiping up this nasty diarrhea, all the way up your back"!

Had that happen to me about a year ago. Gf fainted and threw up at work.

I was at peace with the end of my life.

My girlfriend was sick and through up the last two mornings.

Consider me TERRIFIED.

Come on, guys, it's really not that bad. I love being a parent, it's not as bad as some make it out to be. At least not yet. lol

If this thread has taught me anything it's that American children are extremely coddled. Wipe warmer? WTF is that? It seriously exists?

There's almost 2 full pages on changing diapers, just change the damn thing, it's not something to be studied anymore than loading a dishwasher is.

Pee guards? What are these things? Your kid is gonna piss everywhere. He or she is going to take their diaper off and piss and shit where they see fit. My best piece of advice is to not buy anything nice, don't waste money on a nice couch or a nice mattress for your kid, they'll absolutely destroy it.

The single most important thing about parenting is to make sure your children feel loved. At all times. You can make a billion mistakes but if you get that right you've won as a parent.

The pee guards actually help so he doesn't piss all over himself when we are changing him. He peed in it last night actually while changing him. Saved us an outfit and him screaming crying because of the piss on himself. lol

I agree here. I have never bought a wipe or bottle warmer. We had the pee guard because someone gave it to us, and it didn't work the first time, so we never used it again, we just use a wipe. My kids never took their diaper off, thank god, but my 5 year old drops his pants to show us his butt more now than he ever did.

Its amazing half the shit thats out there today. I have a 5 and year and a half, and we never used a bassinet or had them sleep in our bedroom. They both went into the crib on the day they came home, n their own rooms, with bumpers on the crib, and both were sleeping through the night, except for feedings, and both have slept well int the morning. My youngest still sleeps until 8 in the morning.

I also agree that you just need to love your kids. Your gonna make mistakes, we all do, it comes along with the job.

As I see it, the wipe warmer and the pee guard isn't to "coddle" the kid. It's to make the parents' jobs less miserable when they have to clean up after their kid. If a wipe warmer is going to stop my kid from screaming bloody murder as I wipe his/her shit covered ass, I'm going to buy the best one they make.

Then again, I don't have a fucking kid, so I should stfu.

I never used a wipe warmer, so if the kid doesnt know about it, they will never need it. Every kid cries getting their diaper changed at first, simply because they don't understand what is going on, but after a while, they stop. The problem with a wipe warmer is that when you don't have it when your out, and need to use a "cold" wipe, how are they going to react? People have use wipes longer than a wipe warmer has been around, and most of us are ok without having had it when we were kids.

That much we agree on. And love is free. Costs you nothing.

And not to get too political in this thread, but on top of love, I'd argue the only other requirement of parents is to teach your kids how to think, not what to think. But that comes later. After Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Dinosaur Train are no longer mainstays on the television.

My kids are obsessed with this show, thank god its not as annoying as some other shows. Nick Jr has the most annoying shows of them all. My older guy loved Nick Jr shows, now he is Jake and Miles on Disney and now Dinosaur Train, and the little guy likes what his brother likes which works for me.

I never used a wipe warmer, so if the kid doesnt know about it, they will never need it. Every kid cries getting their diaper changed at first, simply because they don't understand what is going on, but after a while, they stop. The problem with a wipe warmer is that when you don't have it when your out, and need to use a "cold" wipe, how are they going to react? People have use wipes longer than a wipe warmer has been around, and most of us are ok without having had it when we were kids.

It's not for the kids. It's for the parents. The kids don't care or remember either way.

Never seen a wipe warmer. Didnt use a bottle warmer for my daughter. Best thing to do is always talk to the baby about everything you're doing. My daughter turns 4 next Tuesday and we finally changed her crib to a toddler bed this past weekend. She's so happy b/c she's a "big girl" now. Its been a few days and its been the easiest time to put her to bed b/c she wants to get in all by herself. I share the same sentiments as NYR2711, the moment we brought our daughter home she was in her own room, in her crib. Never slept with us. Best decision we made early on. Ava has started watching TV in like the last year and she's so mesmerized by it, there have been temper tantrums when its time for the TV to go off. She's totally hooked to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sherrif Callie, Little Einsteins, and a couple of Disney movies (Frozen, Sleeping Beauty)

Archived