• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Daddy Diaries

Pete

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never seen a wipe warmer. Didnt use a bottle warmer for my daughter. Best thing to do is always talk to the baby about everything you're doing. My daughter turns 4 next Tuesday and we finally changed her crib to a toddler bed this past weekend. She's so happy b/c she's a "big girl" now. Its been a few days and its been the easiest time to put her to bed b/c she wants to get in all by herself. I share the same sentiments as NYR2711, the moment we brought our daughter home she was in her own room, in her crib. Never slept with us. Best decision we made early on. Ava has started watching TV in like the last year and she's so mesmerized by it, there have been temper tantrums when its time for the TV to go off. She's totally hooked to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sherrif Callie, Little Einsteins, and a couple of Disney movies (Frozen, Sleeping Beauty)

My older guy is good with the TV, he gets mad but overt real quick. He likes the Disney shows now and Dinosaur Train. We didn't let him watch anything until he was about a year old, and it was only Yo Gabbana Gabba, Fresh Beat Band and Wonder Pets because he loved music. My little guy now likes what my son watches, but he won't really watch TV unless it has Dinosaurs on. He goes nuts when he sees them.

So 1 year old.

Out of the carrier and into the full sized car seat and stroller.

Your in New jersey, right? What are the new regulations now for kids in car seats. I read it and it was completely confusing in regards to her facing car seats. I heard it also applies to people just driving through New Jersey, any truth to that?

Your in New jersey, right? What are the new regulations now for kids in car seats. I read it and it was completely confusing in regards to her facing car seats. I heard it also applies to people just driving through New Jersey, any truth to that?

Not sure about people driving through.

Just have to be rear facing until 2 years and 30 pounds, from what I understand.

Not sure about people driving through.

Just have to be rear facing until 2 years and 30 pounds, from what I understand.

OK, cool. I had read when they first changed everything last year that it included just passing through. I might be confusing part of it is there something new with a kid being in a booster seat as well?

OK, cool. I had read when they first changed everything last year that it included just passing through. I might be confusing part of it is there something new with a kid being in a booster seat as well?

I didn't get that far.

I didn't get that far.

LOL, it comes up fast. I think my son was 3 when we had to move him to a booster because he is too tall. I was so glad though when we were able to move my little guy to the regular car seat. That carrier got so heavy at the end.

My son refuses to sleep after his bottle, unless he is being held. We have spoiled him with always holding him to the point where he has gotten used to it. We put him in the rock n play, but he'll just scream and cry until we take him out and hold him.

Don't worry about that right now. Do whatever it takes to get your kid to eat and sleep.

Sleep training — any meaningful sleep training methods, that is — don't start until 6 months. The likelihood of your kid developing some kind of bad habits or dependencies because he wants to be held to fall asleep at this time is miniscule. Most pediatricians will tell you not to even bother trying early training methods right now, like trying to get them to fall asleep on their own, or with music or anything else becuase they aren't developed enough (especially the brain) to even remember it and associate whatever method with sleep.

Swaddle him if he enjoys it (most babies do, and it gives them a warmth and security comfort similar to being in the womb where space wasn't a luxury) and maybe listen to calming music while you are getting him to sleep. Otherwise, nothing to worry about!

Don't worry about that right now. Do whatever it takes to get your kid to eat and sleep.

Sleep training — any meaningful sleep training methods, that is — don't start until 6 months. The likelihood of your kid developing some kind of bad habits or dependencies because he wants to be held to fall asleep at this time is miniscule. Most pediatricians will tell you not to even bother trying early training methods right now, like trying to get them to fall asleep on their own, or with music or anything else becuase they aren't developed enough (especially the brain) to even remember it and associate whatever method with sleep.

Swaddle him if he enjoys it (most babies do, and it gives them a warmth and security comfort similar to being in the womb where space wasn't a luxury) and maybe listen to calming music while you are getting him to sleep. Otherwise, nothing to worry about!

Which is what we're doing. We're swaddling him and we're singing to him while he is being rocked in the rocking chair we have, or we have on some music to put him at ease to fall asleep. Thanks, Phil.

Archived