• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Daddy Diaries

Pete

Any dads out there looking for a fun family event, I'm helping to put together a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (in your pjs!) to support the Pajama Program. The walk is in Sept and we're ending at Brooklyn Borough Hall where there will be a bunch of children's activities.

More info can be found here: http://pajamaprogram.org/help-pajama-program/SleepWalk2016

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup. That was me last year.

Today was 1st grade and pre-K for my younger. These years go by too fast. :(

Same here. Last year was rough, this year was a little easier sending him in for 1st grade. Next year is going to be even weirder for me because for the first time in 7 years, I will have no one home with me as my oldest will go into second and my youngest into pre-school.

Yeah that wasn't fun. Sent my daughter (1st born) off to kindergarten yesterday. She was fine and loved it. I cried like a baby. I purposely wore sunglasses even though it was cloudy. Also sent our 4 month old son off to day care yesterday. It was a rough day but we all survived lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that wasn't fun. Sent my daughter (1st born) off to kindergarten yesterday. She was fine and loved it. I cried like a baby. I purposely wore sunglasses even though it was cloudy. Also sent our 4 month old son off to day care yesterday. It was a rough day but we all survived lol.

This is the one thing I hate doing. I hate leaving my son with his sitter. Don't get me wrong, she is nice and great, and he loves her, but I just feel bad leaving him everyday. I also feel bad because he goes from having my wife and son home with him to having no one with him.

This is the one thing I hate doing. I hate leaving my son with his sitter. Don't get me wrong, she is nice and great, and he loves her, but I just feel bad leaving him everyday. I also feel bad because he goes from having my wife and son home with him to having no one with him.

We sent our daughter to this day care for 4 years so it wasn't TOO hard. You just always wonder what's going on in their heads. Is daddy coming back? Who is this lady? Where's mommy? It breaks my heart but there are no other options unfortunately. Fortunately the daycare we send him to is top notch and they take care of them like they are their own. The classrooms are very small so they get lots of attention. They have them on a curriculum at 1 year old. My daughter was always ahead of the curve. But it comes at a hefty price of $1300/mo. Sickening! Lol

We sent our daughter to this day care for 4 years so it wasn't TOO hard. You just always wonder what's going on in their heads. Is daddy coming back? Who is this lady? Where's mommy? It breaks my heart but there are no other options unfortunately. Fortunately the daycare we send him to is top notch and they take care of them like they are their own. The classrooms are very small so they get lots of attention. They have them on a curriculum at 1 year old. My daughter was always ahead of the curve. But it comes at a hefty price of $1300/mo. Sickening! Lol

Yeah, we couldn't do a daycare because the hors we needed weren't available. My wife gets home sometimes from work at 4-430, and I leave for work at 1, and most places wanted us to pick them up by 3 or 4. I also needed someplace that could take them at 6, so we went with a babysitter. Our first one came to our house, so it was a little easier, but her daughter had twins, so she went to take care of them understandably. We switched to our current baby sitter and she is great, she takes my son when we need to drop him off early and is great with the kids, and her daughters love my boys, but I feel the same way like what is he thinking when I leave him. We lucked out because both my sitters cam from close popped who know them.

• 10 months later...
Congrats man, and best of luck to you and your family. We got a coulee of onesies from nhl.com, and some from MSG. If you go to the store in the lobby you can probably get it there.

Thank you! I looked in a few shops last time I was at MSG but it was the same ones I already had. I REALLY want that one Chizz posted!

I got a three pack of them from MSG years ago. Try Amazon and shop.nhl.com, or Fanatics.

Everywhere I look they have the same ones we already have for him. I just tried Amazon and same stuff popped up. My wife went on amazon and found them though! I said wtf why aren't they showing up for me? I searched New York Rangers baby onsie, she searched Rangers infant clothes and they pop up. Fuck me, right? haha

HA! It won't. But enjoy this time while it lasts. Sleep regression is a bitch.

My brother's 3 month old son is still sleeping a lot so my fingers are crossed for my son haha.

We were up about 9 times a night between two youngest at our peak. It can be brutal, but it doesn't last forever. Now about 3 or 4 times between youngest two. Hard for my wife when I'm on the road but it's her job and she's a trooper. I take over when I'm home. I relish it.

We're tossing around having a 4th. We'll see, I'd say it's 50/50.

Archived