• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Daddy Diaries

Pete

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like Pete suggests' date=' the thing is to make her feel like there is nothing to be afraid of. What is it that she's worried about in the dark? Monster? Come up with a night time routine that checks for them. Or give her some sort of tool that can protect her (essentially what a guard dog would be). A magic flash light by the bed. Sprinkle some monster poison around the room. Something like that.[/quote']

I do the monster check but doesn't seem to work. I've debated about getting another dog just to keep the other dog company, this might add more fuel to that thought.

Thanks for the tips guys

5 year old won't go to sleep by herself and cries that she's scared of the dark. How long will this phase last

Is she afraid of something specific? My son was afraid of monsters in the dark, so I got an old key that I gave him and told him it was a monster key and that if he lock the for with it, they couldn't get in. It seemed to work. We gave him a night light and he now sleeps with it still. This was like 3 years ago, and he has slept with no issue ever since. He leaves the key hanging on his door knob, and he needs that night light every day.

Luckily my two girls are not overly fearful of bedtime as long as night lights are on. They have the in wall lights and then the stuffed animal ones that turn off after 15 minutes or so.

My older daughter (6 yr. old) had a tendency to cover her head completely to help her fall asleep (probably some degree of fear of monsters or the dark) but we recently bought her a $10-$15 netting and she feels "safe" from anything in there so she doesn't cover her head anymore.

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1nG2ZKpXXXXcEXVXXq6xXFXXX2/Free-Shipping-Netting-Bed-Canopy-Round-Mosquito-Net-Blue-Pink-White.jpg

Is she afraid of something specific? My son was afraid of monsters in the dark' date=' so I got an old key that I gave him and told him it was a monster key and that if he lock the for with it, they couldn't get in. It seemed to work. We gave him a night light and he now sleeps with it still. This was like 3 years ago, and he has slept with no issue ever since. He leaves the key hanging on his door knob, and he needs that night light every day.[/quote']

Went with a magical key tonight, seems to be working so far. Thanks

Just spent like 25 minutes driving around my neighborhood aimlessly listening to death metal about as loud as it would play in my zip car rental because the mom and baby were home resting after we spent the day out at the NY Aquarium/Coney Island.

The little victories in life.

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats on #2.

How'd I miss that announcement?

Lmao I didn't make an announcement. Lucca Salvatore Chizzoniti was born April 14 at 6:19 pm weighing in at 6 lb 15 oz.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160702/12cec08dfdb356cc25213dc1238d2173.jpg

He's already trying to keep the boys away from his sister Giana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao I didn't make an announcement. Lucca Salvatore Chizzoniti was born April 14 at 6:19 pm weighing in at 6 lb 15 oz.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160702/12cec08dfdb356cc25213dc1238d2173.jpg

He's already trying to keep the boys away from his sister Giana.

!

Congrats man.

My first (now 6) was born April 15th. Too bad your wife couldn't hold off another 6 hours.

Enjoy and happy 4th!

Congrats man.

My first (now 6) was born April 15th. Too bad your wife couldn't hold off another 6 hours.

Enjoy and happy 4th!

I'm glad she didn't hold off. My cousin and step sister had babies the same day. 3 new grandchildren in 4 hours for my grandparents. Epic day. Enjoy your 4th too bro!

Archived