• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Doesn't work that way. They're taking a huge risk already going on the road full-time, and wrestling is in a major slump right now as a whole. They need to establish themselves on the road here before they can risk trying to sell out arenas.

The Lockdown PPV, for example, was held in the Alamodome in San Antonio, which holds like 18,000 seats. They blocked off like 70% of the arena and only sold to the floor and first level because there was NO WAY they'd fill it.

I think you drastically overestimate the interest in pro-wrestling right now.

In all honesty, professional wrestling hasn't been the same for at least 10 years. I thought it was pretty good when they had the crossover storylines (when WWE bought WCW) but it has gone down steadily over the past decade. Now there aren't many top tier wrestlers in WWE. They have some draws like Punk (who really is the best in the business at the moment), Jericho (who is only part time), Lesnar (see Jericho), Cena, Bryan and The Shield (Im partial to them and I think they actually have some skill).

I actually have started watching TNA but honestly, both brands have been kind of boring for me right now. Sting's new stable has caught my interest though.

Lesnar just delivered a violent f5 to Punk.

I think WWE has gotten better lately

Heyman is fantastic and having a Punk-Lesnar feud is going to be great imo

Not to mention Daniel Bryan is getting the biggest pops I've heard in a while and that match him and Rollins had on RAW 2 weeks ago was the best in a while

the whole double turn with Ziggs and Del Rio was good too

• 3 weeks later...