• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

I'm a mark, but I thought it was fantastic. The live crowd was incredible.

Aces & Eights came off really strong, beating people down, and I smell 1997 with the AJ Styles "no allies" return, where I think they're gonna build him to BFG 2013 as the guy to take the title off Bully.

What do you mean by hoax? As in did it actually happen, or as in was it scripted?

Yes, it happened. 1997 Survivor Series. No, it wasn't scripted. McMahon conspired with Michaels and Triple H to forcibly remove the title from Hart, who didn't want to drop the title in Canada (as he had creative control over his contract, which was expiring the following Tuesday).

Hart offered to drop it the next night in the States, on RAW, and Vince agreed (this was secretly video taped by a documentary film crew following Bret for "Wrestling With Shadows"), but ultimately made the decision to fuck him over on live PPV.

What do you mean by hoax? As in did it actually happen, or as in was it scripted?

Yes, it happened. 1997 Survivor Series. No, it wasn't scripted. McMahon conspired with Michaels and Triple H to forcibly remove the title from Hart, who didn't want to drop the title in Canada (as he had creative control over his contract, which was expiring the following Tuesday).

Hart offered to drop it the next night in the States, on RAW, and Vince agreed (this was secretly video taped by a documentary film crew following Bret for "Wrestling With Shadows"), but ultimately made the decision to fuck him over on live PPV.

I meant scripted. I'm surprised Bret has made amends. Saw him on RAW last night when I flipped by it.

I meant scripted. I'm surprised Bret has made amends. Saw him on RAW last night when I flipped by it.

Not at all scripted. One of the biggest controversies in pro wrestling history. Bret buried the hatchet, to an extent, a few years ago on RAW, appearing for the first time in over a decade.

I know most of you are TNA fans but Im uber excited to see Wrestlemania for the first time live. I hope I get to see something epic. Punk ending Takers streak (won't happen), HHH retiring?, Cena heel turn?

I'd say most of "you" are actually WWE fans. I'm the only avid non-WWE fan here.

I know most of you are TNA fans but Im uber excited to see Wrestlemania for the first time live. I hope I get to see something epic. Punk ending Takers streak (won't happen), HHH retiring?, Cena heel turn?

You'll probably be disappointed but none of those are likely to happen lol.

I wouldnt be surprised if Cena finally turned heel. It is the perfect stage and he keeps talking about how he HAS to win at WM against The Rock. Maybe he makes a pact with some heel figure (Shield, McMahon - this doesnt really make sense since he is caught up in HHH and Lesnar, Heyman etc)

Well of course we all know Taker's streak isn't going to end. Infact they're probably already planning who he'll face at WM30.

It's highly unlikely they'll turn Cena heel. Cause really who's going to take his place as the top face in the company? The guy generates a lot of revenue for the company as a face doing tons of public appearances, charity work etc. If they're going to turn him heel, they need someone to take his place and lately they've really been struggling to find top faces.

And the moment they said it was a career match as the stipulation, I knew right there and then that HHH will win the match. It makes sense too from a storyline perspective.