• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

I want rep if Cena finally turns heel at WM! It seems like they are teasing it and it would be epic if they end up doing it.

I don't know,seems unlikely,but Cena was very heel like in his one promo on RAW when he got rock-bottomed after doing his you can't see me taunt in Rocks face.I doubt it happens but I have a glimmer of hope that he turns heel cause most people don't expect it unlike last yr where people thought it would finally happen, so it would be the perfect time.

I think he could excel as a heel or even a tweener,would give him a lot more of an edge.

Such a sick live show for TNA. We had back-row seats for like $24 and ended up moving down twice, ending up 3 rows back from the ring for the main event of Hardy/Sting v. Ray/Devon.

Just an amazing, amazing night. Ray is hilarious. He was really getting into it with fans, threatening to kick fans in the face if they didn't stop chanting "you suck" at him. :rofl:

Punk is great. WWE is not.

I want to watch him weekly, but I just can't suffer through WWE's kitchsy crap to do so. I usually watch bigger things with him on YouTube, if he makes waves (like the Paul Bearer thing, the Lawler heart attack, etc.).

Punk is rarely "scripted". He's given the gist of what he's supposed to talk about and told to go out and do it. A lot of the "pipe bomb" stuff you heard was just him talking, taking real-life frustrations along with a mixture of smark culture treasures to create a really buzz-worthy promo.

The mic being cut was part of the script, as was the fact he was going to cut a promo ripping the company. What he said was not scripted.

Wrestlemania sucked. We were underneath one of the damn pyrotechnics on top of the stadium and when Kane came out I nearly fell out of the damn upperdeck cuz I was scared shitless.

It sucked because something went boom and you got scared.

Valid Argument.

It sucked because something went boom and you got scared.

Valid Argument.

Perhaps I should have segmented those two statements into two different paragraphs.

Wrestlemania sucked.

Also, I was underneath one of the damn pyrotechnics on top of the stadium and when Kane came out I nearly fell out of the damn upperdeck cuz I was scared shitless.

Better?

Perhaps I should have segmented those two statements into two different paragraphs.

Wrestlemania sucked.

Also, I was underneath one of the damn pyrotechnics on top of the stadium and when Kane came out I nearly fell out of the damn upperdeck cuz I was scared shitless.

Better?

Not sure about better but it definitely clarifies the separate points you are making.

It was the first Wrestlemania I've watched since the one in Toronto - What a let down.

Impact is so amazing live.

I love the return of the show's opening credits last night too, with updated graphics.

The ending was a little curious, though — are they shifting direction with the name again? The title that flashes at the end was "THURSDAY NIGHT IMPACT LIVE!"

I wish TNA would pick a name and stick with it. The title is still called the TNA Championship, but the actual show is called Impact Wrestling, despite them wanting to change the name of the company to that awhile back. lol

I wish they just kept the NWA thing. haha

They couldn't. The relationship ended between the two, and the NWA name goes with NWA. There were copyright laws blocking them.

I'd love it if they managed to retain the NWA name because of it's legacy, but I do agree that they need to pick a name and stick with it. Personally, I don't see the issue with the title of TNA. Plenty of wrestling organizations don't have "Wrestling" in it, and thus don't use the "W" acronym. WCW and WWE are obviously two that did, but so many companies still exist or existed that succeeded despite not having a W in the acronym — ROH, Chikara, Mid-South, New Japan, etc. etc.

Frankly, I don't know why they didn't just keep TNA as the name and change the show to Thursday Night Impact. Easy.

TNA Wrestling presents Thursday Night Impact, as opposed to TNA (or are we Impact Wrestling?) presents Impact Wrestling ...da fuck?