• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

- The Rock © vs. John Cena (WWE championship)

The main event will feature The Rock putting the WWE championship he won from CM Punk at Royal Rumble on the line against the man who won the Rumble match itself, John Cena. This is a rematch from WrestleMania 28 last year and is likely going to help WWE break the record for the best selling PPV event in history.

- Undertaker vs. CM Punk

With plans in place for the other major stars on the roster, Punk was the guy left with the credibility to go after Undertaker's streak at WrestleMania. The build has been underwhelming and centered mostly around Paul Bearer's death but the match should deliver, despite injuries to both guys.

- Triple H with HBK vs. Brock Lesnar (No Holds Barred with Triple H's career on the line)

"The Game" wants his revenge for Lesnar breaking his arm multiple times and defeating him soundly at SummerSlam last year. Brock would only agree to the match with the added stipulation that if he wins, Triple H's career is officially over. We'll see if that means Trips has decided to use this as his exit or simply pump up the match before he wins it.

- Alberto Del Rio © vs. Jack Swagger (World heavyweight championship)

Swagger won an Elimination Chamber match for the right to contest for the world heavyweight title held by Del Rio, who took it off Big Show at a SmackDown event in Florida a couple months back. Both men have underwhelmed in their current roles. Swagger got off to a hot start with his new gimmick but has since lost a ton of heat after a failed angle with Glenn Beck and Del Rio can't buy his way over, as a heel or a babyface.

- Team Hell No © vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston (WWE tag team championships)

There wasn't much build to this and no real reason given for why the two sides are feuding but AJ Lee is the common link between all four men and none of them had anything else to do at the big event. This could be the match that leads to the inevitable break up between Kane and Daniel Bryan, though we've been saying that for a while now.

- Mark Henry vs. Ryback (HOSS FIGHT)

One guy is really big and strong and he'll fight the other guy who is really big and strong. Easy peasy.

- The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Sheamus, Big Show

Ryback was initially slotted for the spot Big Show now occupies but the powers that be quickly smartened up and booked him for the HOSS FIGHT on the card. That left Show to settle up with his mortal enemies Sheamus and Orton. It's been tumultous

- Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

Jericho revealed recently that he was none too keen on the idea of working with Fandango in his brief return to WWE but the big boss himself, Vince McMahon, is really high on the character and brought "Y2J" in for a face-to-face meeting just to convince him to help get the young guy over. Now, Jericho views it as a challenge and the build up has been much better than anyone expected.

- Wade Barrett © vs. The Miz (Intercontinental championship)

If we're to take a recent poll right here on Cageside into consideration, no one is really looking forward to this match. But it's here and if the main event matches see results as predictable as it appears they will at this moment, it's possible WWE will book a title switch here to make up for it.

- Tons of Funk & Funkadactyls vs. Rhodes Scholars & Bella Twins

A stock eight-person mixed tag team match featuring the returning Bella Twins, Nikki and Brie. Tons of Funk and the Rhodes Scholars have been going back and forth for some time now but the ladies are the ones who have the chance to really make an impact here.

That's how everything looks so far. We'll keep you up to date on any changes or updates in the coming week, Cagesiders.

Only talented names on that card worth watching are Rock/Cena, Punk/Taker, Jericho and Orton (though he's in a match with Big Slow, so whatever desire I might have had to watch it is now out the window).

And I have no idea who Fandango or Tons of Funk & Funkadactyls and Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes?) are.

Technically Miz is on the pre show which is hilarious since its for the IC belt. Fandango is pretty interesting and Jericho is just putting him over to start his career (Im guessing). You dont want to know who the Funkadactyls are... (its Brodus Clay and Prince Albert as dancers)

HHH Lesnar might be OK

No thanks.

I'm going to the TNA Road to Slammiversary house show on April 5th though!

http://www.impactwrestling.com/live-events/item/3815-April-5-Westbury,-NY

The Road To Slammiversary stop in Westbury will feature the only New York-area appearances from "The Icon" STING and "The Charismatic Enigma" JEFF HARDY during pro wrestling's most anticipated weekend in the area in history.

• "The IT Factor" BOBBY ROODE takes on "The Cowboy" JAMES STORM in a New York Street Fight.

• CHRISTOPHER DANIELS renews his long-running rivalry with "The Samoan Submission Machine" SAMOA JOE.

• Knockouts Champion VELVET SKY faces GAIL KIM.

• The Olympic Gold Medalist KURT ANGLE pairs off against former protege-turned-Aces & Eights-member WES BRISCO.

• JOSEPH PARK squares off against ROBBIE E.

(Card subject to change.)

“The Phenomenal” AJ STYLES and “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived” AUSTIN ARIES face each other in singles competition for the very first time in an IMPACT WRESTLING ring as part of “The Road To SLAMMIVERSARY World Tour” stop in Westbury, Friday, April 5 at 7:30 p.m.

STING and HARDY will team to face current TNA World Heavyweight Champion BULLY RAY and fellow ACES & EIGHTS co-hort DEVON, with the match stipulation announced that night by IMPACT WRESTLING's General Manager, "The Immortal" HULK HOGAN.....plus MORE BELOW!

It fucking figures that the year I have tickets to see WM, the card looks like uber shit (even more than the typical WWE shit, Phil).

I better see something epic!!! a Cena heel turn would suffice.

This year's RTWM has been one of the worst I've seen. Horrible. I have a feeling this year's WM is going to be terrible. MAYBE two matches turn out to be really good. It's too bad too because the NY Metro Area deserves better, as they are a great wrestling crowd.

A Cena heel turn is highly unlikely. Although the Laurainatis storyline is interesting now.

Yup, I remember that! Mark-out moment for me. lol A lot of people loved it, too. The heat he got from the crowd was cool also.

When Cena beats The Rock, I'm hoping Ziggler cashes in his MITB, and then beats Cena to get the title. lol But, that will never happen.

he cant cash in on that title though, only on the World Championship