• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

lol I know. Yeah, you mentioned Chikara, Mid-South, etc., I don't have a problem with TNA but they could also go that route and just call the promotion "Impact Wrestling" and still call wherever they have the show, the "Impact Zone' or whatever. Although you couldn't call the show Impact Wrestling then. lol So, who knows.

How was your time at those house shows? Did you meet any of the wrestlers?

Bored and saw RAW on Universal HD. Watching now.

3MB might be the worst faction I've ever seen in my life. I think the J.O.B. Squad were more entertaining than these fucking losers. Seriously? A group of "rock stars"? These guys make the Rock n' Rave Infection look like superstars. At least Jimmy Rave was a decent wrestler...

Through about five minutes of watching I'm ready to change the channel.

Sorry but TNA has no end goal, they are building no one, they have no future prospects to lead the company beyond what it is.

TNA is treading water, they barely stur up the excitement they did just a few years ago - and the ratings are floundering.

TNA is lucky they have HH & spike (I will say , this may be a relationship that must coexist) because if they didnt have this kind of exposure they would be ROH

Yeah, except not. Morgan, Styles, Kenny King, Roode, Storm, Sabin, Aries etc. are all guys they are building.

"Prospects" is a new-age term that never existed before WWE decided to reinvent the wheel and treat wrestling like a major league franchise that needs a "developmental". TNA have plenty of "prospects" anyway. Crimson, who's like 22, Gunner, who's like 25, Kenny King, Chris Sabin, Ion, Spud, Ryan, Godderz, etc. etc. are all under 30.

You watch what, one episode every six months? And that qualifies you to make a statement like that?

Yeah, except not. Morgan, Styles, Kenny King, Roode, Storm, Sabin, Aries etc. are all guys they are building.

"Prospects" is a new-age term that never existed before WWE decided to reinvent the wheel and treat wrestling like a major league franchise that needs a "developmental". TNA have plenty of "prospects" anyway. Crimson, who's like 22, Gunner, who's like 25, Kenny King, Chris Sabin, Ion, Spud, Ryan, Godderz, etc. etc. are all under 30.

You watch what, one episode every six months? And that qualifies you to make a statement like that?

Almost all the guys you mentioned had their runs and has reached their ceilings apart from Sabin just due to the fact that he is venturing (back) on his own.

I'm sorry but I see no future in the wrestlers you named .. at all.

At one point I was intrigued by Roode but ... he has fizzled and seems to be trending downwards.

For the record

1)I watch an episode every other week (avg)...

2) You over rate the TNA roster massively

3)Prospects is not a term I was familiar with in terms of wrestling, I strictly used the word by the definition.

4)I wasn't speaking of development.

5)What I was speaking of was they have no current mega star - CM Punk - Cena - Orton etc ( like them or not ) and no future stars to carry them forward.

You can talk down to me because you spend more time in the IWC but dont discount my knowledge or opinion.

So explain this to me, then. If I'm the idiot here, explain it to me like I am.

In direct response to your list:

3. What do you qualify a "prospect" to be?

4. See above

5. What do you qualify a "mega star" to be?

I'm not talking down to you either. I just think you made an asinine, blanket statement that you didn't expect to be challenged on. It's the same as me walking into a WWE forum and saying "WWE sucks — they have nothing. If CM Punk left tomorrow they'd be out on their ass." I may feel that way, but the millions of fans who watch and continue to watch every single week make me look stupid for saying it.

Something else you have to recognize as well is that what you like is not necessarily indicative of what is right for a company. If TNA pulls 1.2 ratings consistently putting out all these "non mega stars", they're bigger than you think they are because it's obvious that millions of people disagree with you by tuning in every week.

Oh, and the reason I "talked down to you" is because you also followed up your original statement with "TNA is lucky they have HH & spike (I will say , this may be a relationship that must coexist) because if they didnt have this kind of exposure they would be ROH" — yet ROH doens't have the same national contract, doesn't pull near the ratings TNA does, doesn't have a national touring schedule that looks even remotely like TNA's, produces television that still looks like it's produced in a a high school AV class, etc.

I'm willing to bet Jeff Hardy's merch sales in a single month alone would out-do every t-shirt for every wrestler on the ROH roster for the calendar year.

Oh, and the reason I "talked down to you" is because you also followed up your original statement with "TNA is lucky they have HH & spike (I will say , this may be a relationship that must coexist) because if they didnt have this kind of exposure they would be ROH" — yet ROH doens't have the same national contract, doesn't pull near the ratings TNA does, doesn't have a national touring schedule that looks even remotely like TNA's, produces television that still looks like it's produced in a a high school AV class, etc.

I'm willing to bet Jeff Hardy's merch sales in a single month alone would out-do every t-shirt for every wrestler on the ROH roster for the calendar year.

1) Not "A" Prospect, prospect*s*. Young, talented, wrestlers who seemingly have high ceilings and are just awaiting a push.

TNA is pushing everything they have and nothing is sticking.

2) My father in law knows "you cant see me" . Most of the world is in awe of CM punk. Brock lesner is still one of the most compelling physical specimens. I could just go on down the line of current stars.

Match that with AJ styles (who is one of the lamest on mic guys out there despite his in ring stuff). You just can't

Which brings me to

3) Spike & HH keep TNA afloat and not becoming ROH. Take tv away and the product isn't exceptionally far away from being ROH. It is better* but the difference between ROH & TNA is less than the space dividing TNA & WWE in terms of quality of product.

TNA's production value can be credited to the $$$ and know how provided by Spike Tv. A station they were on PRIOR to HH... when the in wring product ( and entire company ) was trending upwards.

Now regardless of reasons, fast forward a few years now - and the thing looks like it is spinning its tires.

I suspect*** that HH is a massive draw for Spike TV and his contract ( which has him appearing everywhere for the network) is excellent.

Going back to my father in law... HH is a guy he knows -and if he were to hear HH say he was promoting a wrestling company - it adds credit to words. (most casual fans aren't aware of HH's personal life and still see him as he was).

The only people who dislike HH are people who (rightfully) know better.. the "IWC" if you will.

So to simplify.

Dwindling product + Good Production value & awareness due to HH and Spike = Why TNA is as well known as it is now.

But I suspect** if you remove the Production value and were to replace it with ROH's ... the in wring product isn't so leaps and bounds ahead that they wouldn't be similar.

Again I am not saying ROH is better - Im saying if they keep this up (TNA) they are on thin ice.

I like TNA better than all other companies out there, but its just floundering.

- I had hopes for the Joe's , the AJ's , BR, etc but they just keep fizzling out - never taking that next step.

Both TNA and WWE suck, there isn't an edge in either of them. Hate to say it but wrestling was an all time high when NWO entered but has pretty much leveled off. Very tough to beat that era, WCW and WWF (at the time) were going toe to toe IMO. Now they are going toe to toe with which is going to suck more.

1) Not "A" Prospect, prospect*s*. Young, talented, wrestlers who seemingly have high ceilings and are just awaiting a push.

TNA is pushing everything they have and nothing is sticking.

Magnus — 26 years old, Crimson — 28 years old, Kenny King — 31 years old, Chris Sabin — 31 years old, Zema Ion — 26 years old, Jay Bradley — 32 years old, Gunner — 30 years old, Taryn Terrel — 27 years old

Plenty of young, talented wrestlers with high ceilings waiting for a push.

2) My father in law knows "you cant see me" . Most of the world is in awe of CM punk. Brock lesner is still one of the most compelling physical specimens. I could just go on down the line of current stars.

Match that with AJ styles (who is one of the lamest on mic guys out there despite his in ring stuff). You just can't

No shit you can't. You're listing guys created by the WWE machine. You're talking about a company with a 20-year old televised history, and an even richer one before it.

If you are honestly trying to compare CM Punk or John Cena to AJ Styles in terms of world wide popularity, you're already tipping the scales in your favor because you're comparing a Monday night 9PM FOX drama with popular actors to one that airs on a much smaller network with actors no one knows who they're trying to sell and get over. Essentially you're comparing Game of Thrones to Vikings and going, "See? Vikings sucks because it's not Game of Thrones".

3) Spike & HH keep TNA afloat and not becoming ROH. Take tv away and the product isn't exceptionally far away from being ROH. It is better* but the difference between ROH & TNA is less than the space dividing TNA & WWE in terms of quality of product.

Again, no shit. You're comparing a company with a 60-year legacy to a company who just celebrated their tenth. The former is a publicly traded, billion dollar industry owned by a billionaire owner.

TNA is still a solid second in the US market and regularly out-performs WWE in both ratings and draw in the UK and in Europe. The fact you keep trying to compare them to ROH is asinine. I'm sorry, but it is. ROH barely has a television contract. They have no major sponsors. They are widely considered a marginally televised farm system. That's why guys like Punk and Joe and AJ and Aries leave ROH for greener pastures in WWE and TNA.

TNA's production value can be credited to the $$$ and know how provided by Spike Tv. A station they were on PRIOR to HH... when the in wring product ( and entire company ) was trending upwards.

I have no idea what this means. Can you clarify?

Now regardless of reasons, fast forward a few years now - and the thing looks like it is spinning its tires.

I suspect*** that HH is a massive draw for Spike TV and his contract ( which has him appearing everywhere for the network) is excellent.

Going back to my father in law... HH is a guy he knows -and if he were to hear HH say he was promoting a wrestling company - it adds credit to words. (most casual fans aren't aware of HH's personal life and still see him as he was).

The only people who dislike HH are people who (rightfully) know better.. the "IWC" if you will.

OK? I don't disagree. I'm not seeing the issue. Hogan is a great face for TNA. I've never denied that. I championed his signing. I think they rely on him too much on-screen, but ultimately I'm happy he's there.

Dwindling product + Good Production value & awareness due to HH and Spike = Why TNA is as well known as it is now.

But I suspect** if you remove the Production value and were to replace it with ROH's ... the in wring product isn't so leaps and bounds ahead that they wouldn't be similar.

How is the product dwindling? The ratings have been steady for like two straight years. They haven't risen, but they haven't really fallen either. They still average well over a million US viewers a week.

Again I am not saying ROH is better - Im saying if they keep this up (TNA) they are on thin ice.

I like TNA better than all other companies out there, but its just floundering.

- I had hopes for the Joe's , the AJ's , BR, etc but they just keep fizzling out - never taking that next step.

People have been saying shit like this for years, yet every year comes and goes and TNA is still here.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been watching at all, so forgive my ignorance here, but is Paul Heyman something of a new-age Bobby Heenan the way he's working with guys? I just read some story in my RSS feed that he's working with Hennig's kid as a new "client", where he apparently had CM Punk and Brock Lesnar prior.

I saw some of what he did with Punk, nothing he did with Lesnar, but is this the same type of thing Heenan did years ago hitching himself to (or vive versa) to guys the company is trying to get way over?

Mr Perfect's son is his new client. Heyman is gold so hopefully he can help this kid out. They arent helping him though by making him a Mr Perfect cutout though. His theme song is Mr Perfects theme just remixed for crying out loud.

Here is the theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_376261&feature=iv&src_vid=UcrtqWdVpiE&v=83ihxsZlKqQ

@TNADixie:

And the ink is just drying on a BIG free agent that will rock ImpactLIVE on Spike TV. Tune in & join us on this summer adventure.

--

Hmm...

Is Christian a free agent yet? Would love to see him return to TNA.