• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[SPOILER] Game of Thrones Discussion

Phil

Coupled with Jon declining to take the stark name, it shows him aligning with a Targaryen, supporting the idea that he's not Ned Stark's bastard, but Lyanna's. It was hugely necessary lol

It's dramatic effect, yea, but it is also heavy foreshadowing.

Is it though? If you had not heard the L+R=J Theories, would you even notice this? ;)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it though? If you had not heard the L+R=J Theories, would you even notice this? ;)

Hmm good question. I think it would standout that Aemon chose Jon, regardless. There would have to be some reason for that, no matter what the theories are.

I'm still not 100% sold on the theory, but I can say with the upmost reverence that seeing Tyrion ride a fuckin' dragon would be nothing short of amazing.

I just think there are too many details for Tyrion not to be Targaryen. Why would all of

-Super blonde hair and multi-colored eyes, including one dark, like Dany.

-"You're no son of mine" and "I can't prove you aren't mine"

-Aerys "took liberties" at the bedding ceremony

-Tyrion dreams about dragons

-Joanna died during childbirth, hence he's "Born of Blood" to be a head of the dragon

I think it just makes a lot of sense for Jon and Tyrion to be not only bastards, but raised with the wrong name the whole tame and, eventually, have some rulership over Westeros. Dany's whole "breaking the wheel" quest becomes a whole lot more impactful if lineages are brought into question.

I remember Martin being quoted that the third head of the Dragon doesn't necessarily have to be a Targaryen, could be a distraction of course.

And Aemon was shown fond of Jon before, propably was in league with Mormont in grooming Jon to be the next Commander. Don't think anyone would think too much about it.

I remember Martin being quoted that the third head of the Dragon doesn't necessarily have to be a Targaryen, could be a distraction of course.

And Aemon was shown fond of Jon before, propably was in league with Mormont in grooming Jon to be the next Commander. Don't think anyone would think too much about it.

He's also said that some fan theories are correct

“So what do I do then? Do I change it?” the author pondered. “I wrestled with that issue, and I came to the conclusion that changing it would be a disaster, because the clues were there. You can’t do that, so I’m just going to go ahead. Some of my readers who don’t read the boards, which thankfully there are hundreds of thousands of them, will still be surprised and other readers will say: ‘see, I said that four years ago, I’m smarter than you guys.'”

He becomes Lord of the Vale, has Ramsay Bolton killed, marries Sansa, becomes Warden of the north. Kidding. But I don't think this marriage will be permanent. I just can't put my finger on his plans.

I think that's pretty much his plan.

Whether it will work or not...

Dave brought up in the official thread that the show and books really seem to be divorcing big time this season. I agree, but is anyone else actually more interested in the path the show has taken than the ones the books are currently in?

I'm loving the fact they've completely skipped over Young Griff.

Not sure, yet. Gotta see how it plays out.

Hope they didn't kill off Ser Barristan though, minor character he may be, but killing him off seems kinda pointless.

I like how they give Tommen more character, poor boy, wouldn't want to be in his place.

Changing Cerseis plot from being against Margaery directly to go through Loras seems interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone else think that they added the conversation between Jorah and Tyrion about Jeor's death, and the subsequent conversation about going home to Westeros via Dany, to replicate Jon Connington's feelings in the ADWD? I think it is becoming clearer that they are steering away from Aegon in the show. It's nothing major, but I picked up the sentiment, and remembered Jon Connington's inner thoughts about getting Aegon to Westeros and to the Stormlands before he dies from greyscale.

At least it seems that Jorah gets to be Connington too in this version. I don't remember his inner thoughts too well though and kinda lack the motivation to re-read ADWD :D

Still wondering about the omission of that arc, maybe it's a hint that "Aegon" is in fact a Blackfyre as many people are speculating.

As H-D said, Jorah is Connington in the show, IMO.

And that probably also means our friend Tyrion maybe isn't the Lannister we thought he was.

Also, am I the only one who is really happy that they've dropped a lot of the convoluted stories like Mance's rescue attempt, and the whole Jeyne Pool fake Arya shit?

Well overall, so far I am happyabout:

No Ironborn, seriously that Storyline added nothing and was boring as hell. For some reason everyone and their uncle seems to be mostly unhappy about them missing.

I really don't get it.

Instead people love to complain about Dorne and Arya being shown, which is kinda ridiculous. You can't drop Arya after how important she was before and not every small arc has to contribute to the overall plot immediatly.

And Dorne while a bit meh and 90s Xena style, isn't in the series enough to bother me.

I also like Sansa not sitting on her ass on the Eyrie, though as said in the other thread I reserve judgement on her Storyline this season until I've seen the end of it. I am not too fond of her being surrounded by enemies again, but let's see if she has to be saved again or can use her ressources (Brienne, Theon) to save herself this time.

Sansa on the move also gives Brienne a motivation and reason to hang around.

I'd have no problem with Mance being dead either (if he truly is), him being still alive always felt like GRRM saying "see I don't kill everyone" to me.

Don't care about fake Arya missing, it made sense in the books, but would just introduce another unnecessary character to the show, as Jeyne was never shown before. And the Sandsnakes are bland enough so far to cover that field.

Archived