• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[SPOILER] Game of Thrones Discussion

Phil

Please use this thread to discuss any and all topics related to the HBO series that may or may not contain spoilers.

The use of the SPOILER tag is at your own discretion, though we'd suggest you do so based on the fact that not everyone reading this forum may have finished reading the series through to the end of A Dance With Dragons.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't help but be disappointed at how last night's episode ended. I was SO SURE they'd end with Stoneheart.

I think the problem with that is it's almost another kick to the nuts of the people who were finding Caitlin dead being the one bright side to the Red Wedding. I remember when I was reading it, that was the only good thing about the scenario.

As much as I wanted an ahah moment to end the season, I get why they instead concentrated on showing the rest of the Stark children to soothe those upset. It would have been perfect if they could have moved on to Joffrey's wedding, but I think that would cover too much story to do in one episode while still covering other things and also wouldn't leave much for the second half of the book for season 4.

I think the problem with that is it's almost another kick to the nuts of the people who were finding Caitlin dead being the one bright side to the Red Wedding. I remember when I was reading it, that was the only good thing about the scenario.

As much as I wanted an ahah moment to end the season, I get why they instead concentrated on showing the rest of the Stark children to soothe those upset. It would have been perfect if they could have moved on to Joffrey's wedding, but I think that would cover too much story to do in one episode while still covering other things and also wouldn't leave much for the second half of the book for season 4.

I just felt like the ending was kinda weak. More dragons flying over slaves? Cmon.

So much story has to be covered before Joff's wedding to make it right. You need to cover the Tyrells more - specifically Olenna and unveil her intentions more clearly. You need to cover the Martells, and introduce them, as well as the Elia/Rhaegar backstory that establishes them as Targaryen loyalists. You need to explain Oberyn...period - mostly because he's a badass. The Joff/Tyrion relationship is very clearly being shown as sour at this point - so that's good news for starters.

Dany standing on that rock with her knights at here side and her dragons in front makes a nice posstcard though. :D

I am still amazed how much I love Tywin on the show, such an awesome character. In the books he was totally dominated by Tyrions feelings towards him.

Definitely agree about Coldhands. I was expecting that to end the episode. Very disappointed at the ending. Dany's storyline at this point, and for the near future is just really not interesting. Its too bad they left off with her.

That said, I liked that they showed every other story line. Everything else that was significant was covered. Maester Aemon's letters, Davos freeing Gendric(Edric/Gendry mash-up), Bran's encounter with Sam.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived