• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[SPOILER] Game of Thrones Discussion

Phil

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree, honestly. That's far from the most shocking thing I've seen on the show, and they sorta hinted at this sort of thing happening after he tried to fuck her the episode prior, with her turning him down. Not that it makes it right, obviously, but I also didn't see it as a full-on rape. I thought she was sorta telling him "no" and "it's not right", but in that "no means yes" kinda fucked up way. I seem to remember her helping him undo his pants, for example, during that whole sequence.

I took that scene as a reaffirmation of the fucked up relationship that is Cersei and her brother Jamie — fucking in front of their dead child. Not as a full-on rape.

I'd imagine the Battle of Mereen happening either 4 or 5 with Castle Black being 9 or 10. I think they acknowledged that the major events weren't going to follow the same formula as past seasons.

Also, up until this past episode, I completely forgot that they cut Strong Belwas from the series.

I'd imagine the Battle of Mereen happening either 4 or 5 with Castle Black being 9 or 10. I think they acknowledged that the major events weren't going to follow the same formula as past seasons.

Also, up until this past episode, I completely forgot that they cut Strong Belwas from the series.

Which is fine, IMO. Belwas is kind of a fan favorite, I guess, but are you really missing him from the series right now? Isn't the fact you didn't even realize he wasn't there kinda proof he's not necessary?

I'd have been much angrier, for example, were that decision made on Daario Naharis.

Which is fine, IMO. Belwas is kind of a fan favorite, I guess, but are you really missing him from the series right now? Isn't the fact you didn't even realize he wasn't there kinda proof he's not necessary?

I'd have been much angrier, for example, were that decision made on Daario Naharis.

That's what I mean. It wasn't until she asked for a champion that I realized it. Wasn't really missing him at all. Daario serves a much, much greater purpose as well.

Does it, though? I mean I never thought it was him but I don't see how it can be totally discounted now, or I'm just missing something

Coldhands has black eyes in the books the White Walker at the end of the episode had blue eyes.

Does it, though? I mean I never thought it was him but I don't see how it can be totally discounted now, or I'm just missing something

Well, I guess maybe not, but it would be silly, no? I mean, to have already essentially shown him, only to have him now join into Bran's story later on? Bit of a disconnect.

I think they'll push much more toward the idea that Coldhands is either just some lost Ranger, or the Benjen route.

Was it me or was the book more ambiguous as to who actually poisoned Joffrey? I know it hinted at what the show pretty much stated, but I thought it wasn't quite as clear. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Nah, they basically spelled it out here for the audience, where it was hinted at but not said in the books.

Bran the boy-hostage has the potential to annoy me a lot, but I guess we had to do something to make his plot more interesting.

A bit underwhelmed by how easy Dany took Mereen, they couldn't go the "let's send the Spy and the old man" route I guess, but still...

...and shouldn't Khaleesi get rid of Sir Friendzone now?

Edit:

There is speculation by the way, that the WW at the end is someone called "Night's King". Appearently HBO spoilered this on their Website.

Though that part of the lore is a bit obscure to be a real spoiler.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night%27s_King

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad they didn't. Bronn and Tyrion are so much closer in the series than they are in the books. Shea was all the shock needed for that whole scene. Turning Bronn would have been gratuitous.

Though I bet Tyrion still asks, and is turned down, that Bronn be his champion again.

They showed a flash forward to next week, and the guy playing the Mountain (third one now) is gargantuan. I'd decline that fight too.

maybe theyll play his betrayal that way then, as a way to make him not champion Tyrion.

Do you think theyll have him join the Kingsguard if they decide against casting Kettleblacks?

and yeah the actor they got for Gregor (Hafthor Bjornsson) competed in strongman competitions before taking up acting.

News really travel fast in the TV version eh? Dany just took Mereen half a world away, Varys already knows.

Edit:

Also: Tywin telling Varys to do something about Dany, so we are made to believe he is responsible for her struggles in Mereen? I hope not.

Archived